ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (M) Tax issue

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

solospy
Member of Standing

ILR Set (M) Tax issue

Post by solospy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Hi all,

I am a director of my own limited company. I will be applying for my wife's ILR on form Set (M) in early November. My accountant have already prepared and submitted my accounts and tax returns to the Inland Revenue for the year ended 30th April 2014. I haven't yet paid the Corporation and Personal tax as the due date for the payment is 31st Jan 2015.

My questions is "is it ok not to pay the corporation and personal tax when we go to the appointment in early November as we don't have to as the due date is not until 31st Jan 2015 ??? OR non payment can effect my wife's ILR ???

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set (M) Tax issue

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm

That's ok, so long as you intend to make payments.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:13 am

I have been self employed since I entered the UK.I will have to file my tax returns by January 2015 but I am planning to to file it now and pay part of my tax.Given the fact that I work as self employed how can I proof that I meet the adequate maintenance requirement.Will a mere presentation of bank statement be enough.Do I have to have get a letter from the company I work with as self employed or can I ask The HMRC for employment history.Thanks.

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am

By self employed do you mean you are working as a sole trader or director of a limited company. If you are working as a sole trader with an another company you can provide your personal tax return, your bank statements marking the income coming in against the invoice you issue for payment and also submitting your invoices for the last 6 months at least. That should be enough to prove your maintenance.

joeaidus
Newly Registered

Post by joeaidus » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks I meant Sole trader with another company .