ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

driving with no insurance get the 6 penalty points EEA4 PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joanna2014

driving with no insurance get the 6 penalty points EEA4 PR

Post by joanna2014 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:40 pm

hi guys this question is regards to PR application which is one of my friend about made in this month but last weekend he been cought by police driving car without insurance police give him £200 to pay and 6 penalty points on his DVLA my question will this affct to his PR application ?
and will it batter for him to apply EEA2 TO GET RC INSTED ?

PLEASE ADVICE
THANKS AND BEST REGARDS TO ALL
Meaning of life change every day :)
Live life king size :)

Imshzd

Re: driving with no insurance get the 6 penalty points EEA4

Post by Imshzd » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:46 pm

joanna2014 wrote:hi guys this question is regards to PR application which is one of my friend about made in this month but last weekend he been cought by police driving car without insurance police give him £200 to pay and 6 penalty points on his DVLA my question will this affct to his PR application ?
and will it batter for him to apply EEA2 TO GET RC INSTED ?

PLEASE ADVICE
THANKS AND BEST REGARDS TO ALL

Go a head with PR application.

It may delay BC application.

joanna2014

Imshzd

Post by joanna2014 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:42 am

thanks
Meaning of life change every day :)
Live life king size :)

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 am

joanna2014 wrote:last weekend he been cought by police driving car without insurance police give him £200 to pay and 6 penalty points on his DVLA
With his PR so close, it was idiotic of him to drive without insurance...

I don't believe this will affect his PR, but can impact on his BC application (should he choose to do so) as the post above says (he has not been "of good character").

(this is "off topic" so I am sorry for this, but:)

but further on, my car insurance is £600 a year, my third party only motorcycle insurance is £220 a year, WTH is with the system when its actually cheaper to drive without insurance? Surely the fine should be equivilant to the higher rate of insurance - thus less people would risk it?

Is there anybody on here that has insurance cheaper than £200? :S

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:57 am

wiggsy wrote:
joanna2014 wrote:last weekend he been cought by police driving car without insurance police give him £200 to pay and 6 penalty points on his DVLA
With his PR so close, it was idiotic of him to drive without insurance...

I don't believe this will affect his PR, but can impact on his BC application (should he choose to do so) as the post above says (he has not been "of good character").

(this is "off topic" so I am sorry for this, but:)

but further on, my car insurance is £600 a year, my third party only motorcycle insurance is £220 a year, WTH is with the system when its actually cheaper to drive without insurance? Surely the fine should be equivilant to the higher rate of insurance - thus less people would risk it?

Is there anybody on here that has insurance cheaper than £200? :S
Not necessarily, if it's just an FPN (no Court involvement) and there is no other FPNs in the last 12 months it's unlikely to affect a citizenship application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 am

D4109125 wrote: Not necessarily, if it's just an FPN (no Court involvement) and there is no other FPNs in the last 12 months it's unlikely to affect a citizenship application.
does this not apply still?:
http://www.ukzambians.co.uk/home/2011/0 ... tizenship/

I thought FPNs were only £90, anything higher goes to court?

mario00

Post by mario00 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi guys,
I need bit of help here, I was fined by council for dropping a cigarette bud near a tub station which I did not pay, I tried to call the office but no one picked up my phone. I was then called by court and I said the same thing I had no lawyer but even the judge agreed with me.
The judge asked me to pay the penalty and again when I tried to call them no is picking the phone.
Now I have not paid any one the amount which is just 60 pounds but no is there to pay them. Would it affect my PR I am trying to contact court to explain my situation.
thanks