ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General: Wrong job title in decision letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General: Wrong job title in decision letter

Post by george1981 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 pm

Hello,

Today I have successfully granted an extension to my Tier 2 visa (premium application) due to job change and sponsor change.
1) However after reaching home, I found that the job title in the decision letter is wrong (it is showing current title not the new job title). I have been working as a postdoc researcher at a University till now and I will be joining new University as Lecturer (so new application). But the job title in the decision letter is postdoc researcher not lecturer. Everything else is correct (sponsor name, salary etc). I would appreciate if you could guid me what should I do? Do I need to correct it and if yes, how can I do it?

2) I will be moving house after a month, do I need to report the change of address?

Any feedbacks are much appreciated ...

Thanks a lot in advance for your helps and comments...

George

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General: Wrong job title in decision letter

Post by george1981 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:52 am

Any help??

I found answer to my second question. I need to inform them if I am staying in a different address for more than 6 months...

I am still worried about wrong job title...

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:55 am

george1981 wrote:Hello,

Today I have successfully granted an extension to my Tier 2 visa (premium application) due to job change and sponsor change.
This was presumably a change of employment application rather than an extension application as your SOC code probably changed (from 2119 to 2311?)

1) However after reaching home, I found that the job title in the decision letter is wrong (it is showing current title not the new job title). I have been working as a postdoc researcher at a University till now and I will be joining new University as Lecturer (so new application). But the job title in the decision letter is postdoc researcher not lecturer. Everything else is correct (sponsor name, salary etc). I would appreciate if you could guid me what should I do? Do I need to correct it and if yes, how can I do it?
write to the HO with copy to your sponsor - to the address on the decision letter or if there is no address on the letter to:
Home Office
Tier 2
P O Box 3468
Sheffield S3 8WA

2) I will be moving house after a month, do I need to report the change of address?
yes, see para 217:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

Any feedbacks are much appreciated ...

Thanks a lot in advance for your helps and comments...

George

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:13 am

Thank you very much, Manci.
This was presumably a change of employment application rather than an extension application as your SOC code probably changed (from 2119 to 2311?)
I do not know which code my sponsor used. I will ask them and request a print out of COS.

My decision letter has the address of PEO Glasgow but no reference number. So as you indicated I will write to them with copies of decision letter, my offer letter and a copy of COS.

Thanks,
George

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:36 am

Just an update, if it helps anyone in future..

I got a copy of COS from my sponsor and everything was correct in COS and same details were filled in my application. Just now, my sponsor contacted Home Office Sponsor's helpline and they asked her to email the query to some dedicated email address. We are now waiting for their response to take the next step. I have already prepared a letter as Manci suggested. I hope it all will get rectified soon.

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Further to my previous comment, we haven't received any reply to the email that sent by my employer to the email id " 'Tier2&5MigranetRe@homeoffice....." as suggested by the employer's helpline. So I have decided to post a request to Home office.

I did my premium application at Glasgow. So is it safe to assume that I should send the request with relevant details to Glasgow? The address in my decision letter is (Festival Court 1, 200 Brand Street, Govan, Glasgow). I do not know any details of my case worker as I can only find her initials (M M, PSC Glasgow). With cover letter, I am sending copies of

1) Decision letter
2) COS printout
3) Offer letter
4) Payement sheet for reference
5) Email that my employer sent

Any feedbacks are appreciated...

Thank a lot!

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Update...

Everything got corrected without any problems..
Letter sent to Glasgow PEO: 6th Aug
Got corrected decision letter on 8th Aug...

Thanks manci for your help and feedbacks