ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:40 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Many thanks Shahjee,
May Allah gives you reward for helping others on this distress state, as HO is doing every effort to avoid people getting ILR. Apparently you are the only one who is helping each and everyone regularly on this forum. But it looks like soon you will be disappeared from this forum as your visa issues have almost sorted out.But I would suggest you to stay here and keep resolving others problems and keep getting their pray.
I am going to apply for ILR on 10 yrs basis in sept
My history is:
Oct 2004- Dec 2007 on Student visa
Jan 2008- Dec 2009 on IGS and PSW
Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 - 8 months on 3C and 3D as Tier 1 visa got rejected, appealed and subsequently granted.
Sept 2010- Sept 2013 Tier General
Sept 2013-2015 Tier 1 extension granted
Overall 380 days gap with no single period absence of more than 180 days.
Already passed LIUK and have UK masters degree.
Recently got my SAR and could not find any detrimental effect on my case with the exception of my visa refusal in 2010.

My question is do I need to apply through the solicitor because of previous visa refusal or can I apply on my own?

My appreciated again.
Hi Arsal385,
I really appreciate your kind comments. I will make sure to stick around and help as much as I can, you guys are not going to get rid of me that quick :lol:
Regards to your case I believe it's looking good, I would take it that your appeal in 2010 was all in time, as that was successful and later on they gave you the visa, so I would say that it is all good. Nothing to worry about, it is a straight forward case, and there should be no issues at all. You don't need a lawyer for that, we are here to guide you through, in case if you need any help. Your and my cases are 7 months a part, rest they are identical, I changed to pretty much the same visas that you did, I didn't had a refusal any where though, but frankly in your case it was regulated once your appeal was allowed. so get that application form and documents ready, and our prayers and best wishes are with you. Mind it you can apply 28 days early. All the best buddy. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:05 am

boyb82 wrote:

Thanks for quick reply actually i requested information from home office about B1 certificate and their approved list for flrm visa.
As they accept B1 from trinity college or approved trinity centre for flrm and ilr but dont accept same B1 from learning resource network for flrm but accept for ilr. Both centres are registered and approved by ofqual and both centres provide the same exam pattern and time for the exam. I hope i will get information as i made reQuest under FOI act, so let see and i will update on this forum . Also is there any email for general enquiries i can send my request to about above information. Thanks
I don't know about email but I'm sure someone here can help you out. As for KoLL. I provided NARIC letter n university degree. There's further discussion if you search within the forum. My advice is to best play safe with HO. Give them what they want even if its a little extra trouble for u.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:08 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Many thanks Shahjee,
May Allah gives you reward for helping others on this distress state, as HO is doing every effort to avoid people getting ILR. Apparently you are the only one who is helping each and everyone regularly on this forum. But it looks like soon you will be disappeared from this forum as your visa issues have almost sorted out.But I would suggest you to stay here and keep resolving others problems and keep getting their pray.
I am going to apply for ILR on 10 yrs basis in sept
My history is:
Oct 2004- Dec 2007 on Student visa
Jan 2008- Dec 2009 on IGS and PSW
Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 - 8 months on 3C and 3D as Tier 1 visa got rejected, appealed and subsequently granted.
Sept 2010- Sept 2013 Tier General
Sept 2013-2015 Tier 1 extension granted
Overall 380 days gap with no single period absence of more than 180 days.
Already passed LIUK and have UK masters degree.
Recently got my SAR and could not find any detrimental effect on my case with the exception of my visa refusal in 2010.

My question is do I need to apply through the solicitor because of previous visa refusal or can I apply on my own?

My appreciated again.
Hi Arsal385,
I really appreciate your kind comments. I will make sure to stick around and help as much as I can, you guys are not going to get rid of me that quick :lol:
Regards to your case I believe it's looking good, I would take it that your appeal in 2010 was all in time, as that was successful and later on they gave you the visa, so I would say that it is all good. Nothing to worry about, it is a straight forward case, and there should be no issues at all. You don't need a lawyer for that, we are here to guide you through, in case if you need any help. Your and my cases are 7 months a part, rest they are identical, I changed to pretty much the same visas that you did, I didn't had a refusal any where though, but frankly in your case it was regulated once your appeal was allowed. so get that application form and documents ready, and our prayers and best wishes are with you. Mind it you can apply 28 days early. All the best buddy. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks a lot Shahjee. Yes my appeal in 2010 was in time and later allowed so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. If experts like you are here then obviously we dont need any lawyer. Lawyers and HO both are earning money from the vulnerable people like us and specially once lawyer get the case and money then they really bother to take care of you.
Many thanks again.
Arsalan

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:22 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:I have a question to ask everyone especially Shahgee who applied on Set (lr):

Did you guys photocopy every single thing you submitted including form?
Hi Tier 4,
For my SET(LR) I provided them with a set of photocopies of all the supporting documents that I was providing, I didn't photocopied the form though. Supporting documents including my degree from UK university, life in UK test result, and photocopies of all those pages where there are entry/ exit stamps, visas or any other vital detail on all my previous passports, and photocopy of my my biometric card. Some people provide bank statements and job details e.t.c, but frankly I didn't I just stick to the basic rule, the simpler the better :D
I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Salam Shah jee,

Did you provide the colour copies or blank and white.. Secondly, what is the benefit of supplying Pre-paid Special delivery envelope as they already send your documents back in recorded delivery.
Many Thanks.
ZR

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 am

joanie wrote:
I talked with a lawyer about applying a FLR o and varying into ILR like you did but he said that it would be system abuse as I have no chance on getting FLR O visa. Do you think its right? Can you tell me on what grou d did you put your FLR O? Plus I would like to talk with your lawyer. Can you plz pm me his office and fees you paid? It will be much appreciated. Thanks
These days it's flr(FP) besides your lawyer need to get his head checked. Tell him who is asking to win FLR O you just need some time to fill the gap. Besides you don't have to as its the date of decision is more significant than date of posting.
N/A

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:18 am

Hello,
There is a big confusion that whether the photocopy of all documents such as passport, brp, life in uk test, uk degree, other miscellaneous supporting documents or only the passport detail page including visas & entry exit stamps and BRP photocopy need with Set (LR)? Should they black & white or colored??

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:58 am

zzzindagi wrote:
Salam Shah jee,

Did you provide the colour copies or blank and white.. Secondly, what is the benefit of supplying Pre-paid Special delivery envelope as they already send your documents back in recorded delivery.
Many Thanks.
Hi zzzindagi,
I provided colour copies, but I don't think it matters, as Home Office knows that the standard is black and white copies.
Regards to sending a pre paid special delivery envelop, frankly it is for your peace of mind that you have provided them with it and they should send your documents securely, another advantage is that this way you already have the reference number for the special delivery and closer to the time you can check it on the Royal Mail tracking service and know if it is on its way. That is exactly what happened in my case, I checked it early morning to know that it was on it way. So more peace of mind, plus who trust Home Office come on :lol:
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Last edited by shahjee1234 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 am

Hi Arsal 385

My Tier 1(General) visa was refused in 2010 but i win in appeal as case worker try to be over smart and try to get some bonus for Christmas :lol: but by Grace of Allah i won appeal.I received my ILR on 29/07/14.so u don't need to worry as u win it in appeal

best of luck

Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:53 am

cool mind wrote:Hello,
There is a big confusion that whether the photocopy of all documents such as passport, brp, life in uk test, uk degree, other miscellaneous supporting documents or only the passport detail page including visas & entry exit stamps and BRP photocopy need with Set (LR)? Should they black & white or colored??

Hi cool mind,
Don't confuse your self, any ways there is not a lot to attach with your SET(LR), you need all your passports covering the last 10 years, BRP card, life in UK test result and evidence of English language, so just get a set photocopied in black and white or colour what ever is convenient with you, I frankly don't think it really matters, as far as you provide them a set. If you look at the actual instructions on the SET(LR) form at the last page no 28, where the check list is, they are asking for

Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all other relevant documents specified in section C and are they originals? (We also require photocopies of the same).

so you see they only asking for the copies of all passports and BRP card, as that is the only thing in section 'C' but there is no harm to attach a copy of life in UK and English language test or UK degree e.t.c. End of the day you have to make sure to make your application look as well presented and streamlined as you can, so that it is easy for the case worker to go through it. I hope it helps mate. All the best with your application.
Kind regard
Shahjee

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 am

Hi Guys!!

Just got a letter from HO saying, "your application for the ILR has been Approved" Alhamdulliah!!!
Oh! Allah! finally this long waiting is over. Yet a long way to got for my wife and Kid's Approval. I am grateful to this forum and all its members to keep me alive (occupied) during this tough time.

I wish All the best for those who are still waiting.
regards;
march_ilr
Last edited by march_ilr on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:54 am

Congratulations march_ilr ..... Enjoy ur freedom finally ur wait is our but remember in ur prayers ..... I hope people who r waiting for decision will have it soon.

Regards
march_ilr wrote:Hi Guys!!

Just got a letter from HO saying, "your application for the ILR has been Approved" Alhamdulliah!!!
Oh! Allah! finally the long waiting is over. Yet a long way to got for my wife and Kid's Approval. I am grateful to this forum and all its members to keep me alive (occupied) during this tough time.

regards;
march_ilr
Last edited by rehan01 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:06 am

Oh! Allah! finally this long waiting is over. Yet a long way to got for my wife and Kid's Approval. I am grateful to this forum and all its members to keep me alive (occupied) during this tough time.

regards;
march_ilr
Congratulations!

Did you apply for FLR(M) for your wife and kids?
If yes, when did you apply?

I'm waiting fit my wife's approval - application sent 4 April.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:18 am

regards;
march_ilr
wow great news bro congrats very happy happy for you
one battle won ,2 more to go
wish you good luck and remember in ur prayers

Regards

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 am

Congratulations march_ilr, you beat me to it, am very happy for you and best of luck.

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 am

Congrats, and enjoy your freedom

Regards
Khan_81

regards;
march_ilr

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi,
I just want to know as my ILR is approved now, do i need to inform HO for my Mrs FLR FP application as its on hold , the other thing HO sent her IELTS letter and marriage certificate with my documents , will there be any issue with it ?
how long does it normally take for hers applications outcome, she is here since jan 2011 and flr fp was applied in March 2014 with my set Lr

Thanks
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Mrs.P wrote:Congratulations march_ilr, you beat me to it, am very happy for you and best of luck.
Many thanx. mrs. P. In-Sha Allah your one is on its way!!

regards;
march_ilr

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:29 pm

regards;
march_ilr
Bro congratulation and enjoy your freedom.

Regards

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Khan_81, NasirNNN, malik15, Mrs. P, rehan01, hasan5805

Many thanks for your wishes and kind words. @malik15..No i haven't applied for my wife and child yet. i am hoping to do it in next few days.

Would anyone please be able to provide me HO contact no for FLR(M) booking with a PEO? I guess i need to apply on this form for my wife. She is staying as a point based dependant with me since last five years at least.

The conclusion i come up with from this forum's conversation at different times that 'there is no way i can apply for set(m) for my wife straight after her flr(m) approval' Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.
regards;
march_ilr

joanie

Post by joanie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:46 pm

c4551m wrote:Hi,
I just want to know as my ILR is approved now, do i need to inform HO for my Mrs FLR FP application as its on hold , the other thing HO sent her IELTS letter and marriage certificate with my documents , will there be any issue with it ?
how long does it normally take for hers applications outcome, she is here since jan 2011 and flr fp was applied in March 2014 with my set Lr

Thanks
hi c4551m
One of thr guy in this forum Shahjee mentioned that his mrs and kids FLR M was approved within 4/5 days of his receiving ILR. And he didn't inform HO about his approval.
One question, why did you Put FLR FP for your Mrs, why not FLR M? As I can see you applied before 6 April 2014 you didn't even need to show income threshold

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:24 pm

hi salam good afternoon all reader..
i m silent reader .. i had apply on April is any one receive approval letter this month pls let me know...
thax

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi guys, I just called HO, the lady on the line goes are you calling about the progress on your application, to which I replied yes, she says it's still under consideration, When I asked it is with a caseworker, then she says, Is your passport with you, I am like no, it's with the HO since 2012, did you have an appeal, did you win it, there is nothing else I can tell you.

Please help me figure out what she means and why she asked about my passport, I said in my application form and covering letter that my passport was held by the HO. I am freaking out right now.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:33 pm

march_ilr wrote:
Mrs.P wrote:Congratulations march_ilr, you beat me to it, am very happy for you and best of luck.
Many thanx. mrs. P. In-Sha Allah your one is on its way!!

regards;
march_ilr
Hi march_ilr, many congratulation! well done! well deserved! enjoy your freedom.
Remember Mrs P, the sequence I mentioned the names in ??? I said Malik15, march_ilr and Mrs P, so for the time being the sequence continues,both of them have got their's, and you are the last one, so get ready for celebration, your one is on its way. Hope you get the good news soon.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:34 pm

khan7861 wrote:hi salam good afternoon all reader..
i m silent reader .. i had apply on April is any one receive approval letter this month pls let me know...
thax

hello, you can the a list of all applications at the link below, as far as I know none of the April applications have been approved yet.

khan7861
Newly Registered

Post by khan7861 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:35 pm

can all senior person i need to ask one question can u pls help me
i need to change my milling address bcz the properly is being sold out.. if i will change the address is gonna be any effect my application .. i had apply on april..
pls shahjee and other people ..
and what the best way to change address
thax