ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SYED.ZAIDI

COS

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi
With following facts can somebody answer my queries please.

* home office recently granted renewal of annual allocation of CoS (expiry date 05 April 2015)
* migrant current leave will expire on 20th June 2015 (this was the migrant's first leave granted under Tier 2 general)
* licence end date May 2016
* migrant employee is going to maternity leave in July 2014

MY QUESTIONS
* does sponsor need to assign this CoS to its migrant employee NOW? Or only can assign this CoS when migrant need to apply for extension of leave. i'm asking this because from page 4 of below link, under work dates heading it seems to be sound like assignment of CoS is only needed when migrant need to apply for extension of leave.
* if sponsor need to assign CoS now then what would be the start date and end date?
* where to report that employee is on maternity leave and getting maternity pay? is under employee activity in SMS?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf
Page 4 of 42 says....
Start date* The start date cannot be in the past. If the migrant is
already working for you and you are assigning the CoS so
that they can apply to extend their stay, you should enter a
start date no later than the day after the last day of leave
given on their current visa.
End date*

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: COS

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:02 am

your employer will need to assign you another cos before u can apply for extension.
Employer can enter the sart date of the new cos from anything from 21 June 2015 (1 day after your current leave expires) to any date before. However this start date has to be within 3 months in future.
I suggest you request your employer to keep 1 COS (out of the allocation they have for this year ending april 15) for u. Assign that to you, say on 1 April for a start date, say 21 june.
You will then have to apple for extension before your current leave expires.

pu8aa
Newly Registered

Post by pu8aa » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:55 am

Hi Iworker,

My HR has applied for unrestricted - CoS allocation last week for my visa extension.

Can you advise how long it take to get the CoS and when should I start contacting UKBA.

Thanks,

U

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

I believe the request for increase in allocation of unrestricted cos takes between 2 days to 3 weeks.

pu8aa
Newly Registered

Post by pu8aa » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Thank Iworker for the quick reply.

pswtotier2

Post by pswtotier2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Have you got the COS granted? if so how many days it took. I am in the same boat

thanks

SYED.ZAIDI

Tier 2 Visa and SOC

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 pm

i have applied and got the tier 2 general visa back in june 2012 under old rules for SOC applicable until 14th June 2012. SOC 3537 was applicable to me at that time with minimum hourly pay £13.09/hour. now my employer need to assign me CoS and my employer and possibly UKBA employer line team need my SOC again. I know following the changes in SOC back in June 2014 NVQ 4 is no more eligible to apply for tier 2 general visa. so my question is what should i tell them about my SOC? please help.