ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Self Employed Gross Taxable Income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scoobs11
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa Self Employed Gross Taxable Income

Post by scoobs11 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Hi

I'm really sorry if that has been discussed on here before but I can't find any answers to this...and other sites and various responses but not a definitive one. I've spoke to UKBA but even they weren't that sure

The threshold for £18600 for sole traders states gross taxable income.

My income after deducting expenses is £24,000. This is what I thought would be allowed. But, having read other forums it seems it could be that my gross taxable income is actually £24,000 - £9440 (personal allowance) which would then make be below the £18600. I also spoke to the tax office but they weren't as solid on this as I'd hoped for. Can anyone help???

TIA

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa Self Employed Gross Taxable Income

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

scoobs11
Newly Registered

Post by scoobs11 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks but that really isn't helpful to post generic links. I've done a lot of in investigation into this and still can't get a definitive answer

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 pm

scoobs11 wrote:Hi

I'm really sorry if that has been discussed on here before but I can't find any answers to this...and other sites and various responses but not a definitive one. I've spoke to UKBA but even they weren't that sure

The threshold for £18600 for sole traders states gross taxable income.

My income after deducting expenses is £24,000. This is what I thought would be allowed. But, having read other forums it seems it could be that my gross taxable income is actually £24,000 - £9440 (personal allowance) which would then make be below the £18600. I also spoke to the tax office but they weren't as solid on this as I'd hoped for. Can anyone help???

TIA
first of all you need an accountant, its best to get one to do your sole trader stuff.
if you did have one already then he would have easily had told you that your personnel allowance is part of your income.
why are you deducting your personnel allowance of your salary? its money that you have earned, even though that £9k is not taxed its still your income.

get your sole trader accountants up to date, pay the tax on the £24k , and show the reciept with your visa application showing that you have already paid the tax on the £24k salary