ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points Claimed for Masters

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GGLiddy
Newly Registered

Points Claimed for Masters

Post by GGLiddy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Hello all,

Can successful HSMP applicants, who have claimed points for a masters degree, please let me know if they submitted their bachelor degree certificate along with their masters degree when they applied?

As I read the guidelines, I do not see a requirement where a bachelors degree certificate is needed or required when points are claimed for a masters degree.

Please help me understand as my application was recently refused because the lawyer I paid over $2000 USD not only asked me for, but submitted my bachelors degree along with the application and it was refused indicating my bachelor was not in the related subject as my masters. (There is a previous thread on this "related subject" issue at http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17788.)

Thanks very much!

P.S. A quick response is greatly appreciated as I am under a very tight time constraint!

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:40 pm

send only Masters Degree to claim 35 for Masters

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 1&start=20

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

I wonder whether the undergraduate degree certificate was submitted not for the education points, but for demonstration of English-language proficiency ?
AG

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:35 pm

Hi GGLiddy
I am sure your application was rejected for some other reason. I did my graduation in accountance and my post graduation in information technology. I got my certificates verified by NARIC and I have my letter of comparision comparing them to British Bachelors and Masters degree

So definitely this isn't a rule cast in stone.

I guess you need to contact NARIC and get their evaluation based on their response you can apply for a review

Cheers
PG

GGLiddy
Newly Registered

Post by GGLiddy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Thank you all for your advise!

I will have my Masters evaluated by NARIC and apply again. Even though it will cost me another 800 USD for the application fee, I believe that is the best option since it will be hard, if not impossible, to have them reverse their decision.

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:47 am

all the best!

GGLiddy
Newly Registered

Post by GGLiddy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:16 pm

~J~ wrote:all the best!
Thank you, J!!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:01 pm

I fully agree with this. There must be any other reason not because you first degree did not in line of your master's degree. Let take for instance MBA Provison. A fw people got approved based on MBA provision. It is widely known many MBA graduates did not get first degree in line with MBA subjects
MyHSMPApplication wrote:Hi GGLiddy
I am sure your application was rejected for some other reason. I did my graduation in accountance and my post graduation in information technology. I got my certificates verified by NARIC and I have my letter of comparision comparing them to British Bachelors and Masters degree

So definitely this isn't a rule cast in stone.

I guess you need to contact NARIC and get their evaluation based on their response you can apply for a review

Cheers
PG
Pantaiema

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:26 pm

submit the bachelors degree, for goodness sake, why tempt fate

I myself did not submit the diploma, I submitted transcripts for the bacherlors and the masters and the master colloborated the bachelors as it referred to it in the transcript. my diplomas are much too big to be sent by post and I told them as much