ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blumango

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by blumango » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 am

reeree wrote:Salam,

my wife had face to face interview on 2/7/2014 they also said gerrys will contact you within a week. so far nothing.

Blumango, my husband is pretty much in the same situation as your wife. He had a face to face interview too on the 08/07/14.
Did you wife mention anything about alot of other people being granted visas on the same day as their interview?
Bcos my husband spoke to a few ppl & they were all granted visas within 4hours on the saime day.
I dont understand why they didnt do the same with my husband?
He speaks really good English!

Im just doubtful, that they are looking for a petty excuse to knock his application back.

I dont understand why its taking so long to decide!!

Today it has been exactly 300days since we made the application, and the wait is killing me! :'([/quote]

Hi ..I had telephone interview on 16th july. Haven't get any call for rfc.. heard bhc are not issuing visas till 4th august..is that true?[/quote]

Hey Qadz,

What does RFC mean?
Also, who told you that there no visas being issued until the 4th of Aug?

My MP wrote to me saying that i should hear back from
BHC before the 1st of Aug with a decision (which hasnt happened).

But i wasnt under any impression like uv mentioned. :/
I could be wrong..[/quote]

reeree, yeah my wife asked other people waiting there and all of them were issued visa same day.

my wife's English is very basic. so, maybe they are making enquiries to her English? exactly a month since interview.

we submitted application on 7/2/2014 first application. cat A.
emailed bhc and they say it is still under process
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 am

Did anyone include a nadra marriage registration certificate and does the wife have to change the name in her nadra if card from fathers to husbands in order to gain the nadra certificate?

Also any successful stories under adequate maintenace DLA?

We haven't submitted our case yet as still waiting for English test certificate since end of may and the issue of nadra certificate which I heard is vital for pakistani applications.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am

Any applicants have interviews after taking the A1 City and Guilds English Test from Lahore?

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am

I email to ukvi and they ans me to send some info we will esclate ur case i send some all info ang they give me this reply
I have now escalated your concern to our senior management. Someone will be
in touch with you in five business working days, as our senior management
will look at your concern and then raise it up with decision making centre
for your country. Is this auto reply or thay actuallly escalte it

qadz

Post by qadz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 pm

my wife had face to face interview on 2/7/2014 they also said gerrys will contact you within a week. so far nothing.

Blumango, my husband is pretty much in the same situation as your wife. He had a face to face interview too on the 08/07/14.
Did you wife mention anything about alot of other people being granted visas on the same day as their interview?
Bcos my husband spoke to a few ppl & they were all granted visas within 4hours on the saime day.

Im just doubtful, that they are looking for a petty excuse to knock his application back.

Today it has been exactly 300days since we made the application, and the wait is killing me! :'([/quote]

Hi ..I had telephone interview on 16th july. Haven't get any call for rfc.. heard bhc are not issuing visas till 4th august..is that true?[/quote]

Hey Qadz,

What does RFC mean?

rfc is "ready for collection" call from gerrys to collect ur documents..
I just read in another forum that bhc are not issuing visas till 4th august.i guess it is due to eid holidays:-/
There r very less people with telephone interview, it was just to check the english .cant wait for my rfc

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:Did anyone include a nadra marriage registration certificate and does the wife have to change the name in her nadra if card from fathers to husbands in order to gain the nadra certificate?

Also any successful stories under adequate maintenace DLA?

We haven't submitted our case yet as still waiting for English test certificate since end of may and the issue of nadra certificate which I heard is vital for pakistani applications.
Nadra marriage registration certificate is vital, surname on applicant's all documents has to be the same, so whatever is written on passport, must same surname be written on the followings: NIC, Nikkah Nama, English translation of nikkah nama, nadra registration certificate, English Test, TB test and so on.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

reeree

Post by reeree » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 pm

blumango wrote:

Today it has been exactly 300days since we made the application, and the wait is killing me! :'(

Hey Qadz,

What does RFC mean?

reeree, yeah my wife asked other people waiting there and all of them were issued visa same day.

my wife's English is very basic. so, maybe they are making enquiries to her English? exactly a month since interview.

we submitted application on 7/2/2014 first application. cat A.
emailed bhc and they say it is still under process[/quote]

Blumango - we submitted the application on the 04/10/2013 & it was our first application too.
Not sure what CAT A is.. But the app was for spouse visa settlement.
What english test did your wife do?
My husband did TOEIC.. And although his certificate was genuine, apparently - TOEIC english tests were being bribed by ppl too.

Can believe we're caught up in this mess!!
Applied in Lahore: 04/10/2013
Spouse Called for Interview: 08/07/2014
Current Status: Application still under process

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Has anybody who was on hold heard anything from HO.. Or do u know of anybody who has heard since the 28th July who was on hold ?

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:35 am

Thank you for response. I am the sponsor (wife) Nadra in one of the offices are saying as a wife I need to change the name from fathers name to husbands name on my ID card to be issued the nadra certificate. Is this really vital ? As if so I will have to travel to Pakistan to do so....

Shaggy000

Post by Shaggy000 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:47 am

I email to ukvi and they ans me to send some info we will esclate ur case i send some all info ang they give me this reply
I have now escalated your concern to our senior management. Someone will be
in touch with you in five business working days, as our senior management
will look at your concern and then raise it up with decision making centre
for your country. Is this auto reply or thay actuallly escalte it

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:27 am

Mrs Asim wrote:Thank you for response. I am the sponsor (wife) Nadra in one of the offices are saying as a wife I need to change the name from fathers name to husbands name on my ID card to be issued the nadra certificate. Is this really vital ? As if so I will have to travel to Pakistan to do so....
No need to go pakistan just take ur husband id card copy and orginal nikahnama plus english translated verified nikah nama attested by pakistani foreign office. And visit pakistan embassy uk they will slove this issue very easily. But documents should be orginal like urdu nikah nama and english translation both stamped by foreign office.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:45 am

What will the embassy do regarding the nadra certificate ? Can they issue us one? This certificate is the only delay that is slowing down our application and we are very stressed. People in Pakistan keep sending my husband to different places and just don't know what to do. Each nadra office recommends something different just because my husbands name is not on my nadra I'd card and I'm the sponsor.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:What will the embassy do regarding the nadra certificate ? Can they issue us one? This certificate is the only delay that is slowing down our application and we are very stressed. People in Pakistan keep sending my husband to different places and just don't know what to do. Each nadra office recommends something different just because my husbands name is not on my nadra I'd card and I'm the sponsor.
I applied for my wife visa without changing her surname. It is not compulsory to change your name at this stage. I have no idea why they asking you to do so. Nadra people are not an expert in visa stuff. You better consult with an immigration lawyer if you really need to change your family name.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey Sami

It's not the visa issue. I require a nadra marriage registration certificate from the nadra office. They won't issue me one because on my nadra card underneath my full name has fathers name, they want me to modify the ID card and put my husbands name on the nadra I'd then apply for the nadra certificate.

Because my nadra card was made in pakistàn when I visited it's chipped and uk card modify chipped cards only Pakistan can hence the reason why they want me to come there and modify the name to husbands and apply for nadra certificate.

I really don't have the time to go as I'm back at work in September. I really need a way out :(

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:Hey Sami

It's not the visa issue. I require a nadra marriage registration certificate from the nadra office. They won't issue me one because on my nadra card underneath my full name has fathers name, they want me to modify the ID card and put my husbands name on the nadra I'd then apply for the nadra certificate.

Because my nadra card was made in pakistàn when I visited it's chipped and uk card modify chipped cards only Pakistan can hence the reason why they want me to come there and modify the name to husbands and apply for nadra certificate.

I really don't have the time to go as I'm back at work in September. I really need a way out :(

Hi,
If you apply for a Non Smart Nadra ID card at Pakistan Embassy in London, they should be able to issue you a card in UK with required changes.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:Hey Sami

you don't need to go back. You better contact Nadra office here in the UK and explain the whole situation. Its not recommendable to change your name as all other documents would show different name and UKBA looking for a little excuse to refuse the visa. You shouldn't take this risk. I didn't change my wife's name on any of her documents including marriage certificate, Nadra ID card and also Nadra Overseas card. P.S my wife didn't change her name on Nadra ID card.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Yes I will try to apply for the non chipped one in London, as I went to the Birmingham one and they wouldn't issue me a new Nadra Id card either to make modification because I have the Pakistani one made in date. These people in nadra don't really care or answer their phones but I will try again all next week. Didn't know one certificate could cause so much delay and issue.

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:48 pm

in the pakistan embassy uk there is a nadra counter u will visit that counter and ask them that i want to put husband name on my nicop. Then they will ask u to provide documents u have to give them orignial urdu nikah nama attested by foreign office pakistan and ur husband id card copy. I hope they will do it. Its a minor problem sis dnt be stress.remember as a addition bring english translted copy of nikah nama should have stamp of foreign office Pakistan.just try it
Mrs Asim wrote:What will the embassy do regarding the nadra certificate ? Can they issue us one? This certificate is the only delay that is slowing down our application and we are very stressed. People in Pakistan keep sending my husband to different places and just don't know what to do. Each nadra office recommends something different just because my husbands name is not on my nadra I'd card and I'm the sponsor.
MY TIMELINE:

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:Yes I will try to apply for the non chipped one in London, as I went to the Birmingham one and they wouldn't issue me a new Nadra Id card either to make modification because I have the Pakistani one made in date. These people in nadra don't really care or answer their phones but I will try again all next week. Didn't know one certificate could cause so much delay and issue.
Dnt be stress forget abt chip one u just straight ask them that i want to put husband name on my NICOP. They will do it. Normally they will take one month if u pay urgent fee. Inshahallah when ur id card will come printed husband name on it ur husband can easily make marriage certificate from union council or contonment board office in case marriage happend in cantt area.
MY TIMELINE:

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Are you referring to UK embassy in Pakistan or UK? I know I should not get stressed but we have been apart like 9 months now and its taking its toll on us :(

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Post by newstart2014 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:03 pm

why don't u come to Pakistan and get ur id card made from here? it will be quicker. max 10 days. why don't u call nadra helpline in Pakistan to enquire whether they will make ur id card or do u have to get it made from uk. visit nadra website to get helpline number. else ask ur spouse to call. u need a marriage certificate first and based on that ur id card will be made. if marriage was executed in Pakistan then marriage certificate will be issued in Pakistan. max within a day or two.
P.s sami is right....u have to ensure that all documents you 2 as a couple provide must have the same name i.e. in id car, nadra's marriage certificate, English test, tb test, bank statements, employment letter etc. change in one will be discrepent. that's just a big risk. I wont say it sa big no no. u can explain in your letter of sponsorship the story why the name is different but its just creating a chance for refusal. its none of my business but since you have put ur concern in public, why didn't it occur to you 2 to have all the ducks in the row sooner than 9 months to put a straight forward application? u shud have consulted some solicitor or read up on the rules and steps of application. I mean all the people I know who get married to spouses in different countries always do research and prepare well before the ceremony what steps and documents need to be done and collected. didn't u do any research? your spouse in Pakistan shud know that nadra has computerized marriage certificate and birth and death certificates etc. and u need this certificate for ur marriage to be considered officially valid. nikah nama is half the step these days. marriage certificate is to be issued by the union council where you have registered your nikah name in Pakistan. I hope you guys have done that. without that marriage is not considered official. it has to reflect somewhere in Pakistani system.

Beena

Post by Beena » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Salaam guys! Hope you're all well inshaAllah..

Anyone know what is going on with decisions being made??

My 24 weeks are almost up but i've not heard anything..

Thanks

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:37 pm

I did see a solicitor but when I presented my file she said everything was there, but after reading upon these forums I had about 4 things missing. Its been 9 months because my husband enrolled at this college where they messed him around for 3 months and then by the time I had everything ready its August. Just one more thing we are waiting for before we submit. Yes Pakistan is an option but I just do not have time as I will be going back to work in Sept. I am hoping to find an easier way out then travelling there...

My nikkah is registered with the union council and Nadra is able to look it up on their system. I also have a urdu and attested English version. I wish I had known about this nadra certificate thing, I followed the UKVI website in terms of documents and followed everything, but this nadra thing is only for Pakistanis hence why its not on the list of documents recommended by UKVI.

My name and my husbands name is exactly the same on every document. On the nadra card underneath my name it says fathers name and this was issued before I got married. Now that I am married nadra want me to change the title fathers name to husband name on the card. I cant do that in UK because I have a chipped nadra card only issued in Pakistan. I went to nadra Birmingham and they said no you have to go pakistan. So its not a matter of changing my initial name, its just modifying the nadra id card where it says fathers name to husband name. After this they are claiming they will issue me the certificate.

I have tried to ring all helplines in UK and my husband has rang the pakistani helplines and no luck as no-one answers!!!

My husband did visit a nadra office and they want my card modified. I have got in touch with another nadra office in another near by district hoping they will not decline. I am also going to ring London nadra on Monday to see if they can just make me a new once, although Birmingham said no, I presume the same rule will apply.

IF anyone knows anyone in nadra...HELP....? Many thanks for everyone's support and advice...

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:44 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:I did see a solicitor but when I presented my file she said everything was there, but after reading upon these forums I had about 4 things missing.

My nikkah is registered with the union council and Nadra is able to look it up on their system. I also have a urdu and attested English version. I wish I had known about this nadra certificate thing, I followed the UKVI website in terms of documents and followed everything, but this nadra thing is only for Pakistanis hence why its not on the list of documents recommended by UKVI.

My name and my husbands name is exactly the same on every document. On the nadra card underneath my name it says fathers name and this was issued before I got married. Now that I am married nadra want me to change the title fathers name to husband name on the card. I cant do that in UK because I have a chipped nadra card only issued in Pakistan. I went to nadra Birmingham and they said no you have to go pakistan. So its not a matter of changing my initial name, its just modifying the nadra id card where it says fathers name to husband name. After this they are claiming they will issue me the certificate.

I have tried to ring all helplines in UK and my husband has rang the pakistani helplines and no luck as no-one answers!!!

My husband did visit a nadra office and they want my card modified. I have got in touch with another nadra office in another near by district hoping they will not decline. I am also going to ring London nadra on Monday to see if they can just make me a new once, although Birmingham said no, I presume the same rule will apply.

IF anyone knows anyone in nadra...HELP....? Many thanks for everyone's support and advice...
I had to change my fathers name to my husbands name too .. But I have a nadra card .. Don't no about this chipped business .. Mines a normal nadra card and they changed it for me
I had to take father nadra copy and passport copy, husbands nadra and passport copy And my passport copy .. Picture they took over there.. This was in London .. Cost me around £48

Hope tht helps

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi Saf

Yes it helps. So its clear I will have to change the name. I renewed my nadra card from pakistan when I was over there, my father just renewed it while we were there even though it had 8 months left on it!!! Fathers always eager to get things done early! So as my card was renewed in pakistan, I have to change the details on it in pakistan hence having to travel there. If my nadra card was renewed in UK they could of easily changed it for me. But pakistan nadra cards have this computerised chip on it and UK ones don't and UK cant amend it...Big mistake in renewing it in Pakistan.

May Allah SWT bless us all in this long enduring process.