ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 am

zzzindagi wrote:Shahjee, Thank you very much you are really very helpful to the members.

I have one more question please.
Q. B14 and B15 they asked our address for previous 5 years. I changed 4 addresses in five years but the space is only available for 2 . I was thinking of writing other 2 addresses on white paper and attach with that but on the form they have not advised to use extra paper for that.

What do you advise me to do please ?

Many Thanks.
Hi zzzindagi,
Yes you are right, there is no instructions on the form to say attach extra sheet if it's more than 2 addresses, but in the mean while it's also not asking to make sure to provide all addresses that you been in the last 5 years. The only instructions before the second address are that "If you have lived at the address above for less than five years please provide your previous address details and the dates you lived there." so I would say any information about previous addresses will be purely voluntarily, hence it's better to mention it in a covering letter, explaining that as you don't have space available on the form hence you are providing the information here. I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Qasim2020
Newly Registered

Post by Qasim2020 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:34 pm

boyb82 wrote:I post this question on various forum but no reply received yet.

Our FLR(M) application rejected because we submitted English B1 from Learning Resource Network(LRN) with the aim that we will apply SET(M) once we approved for FLR(M) , but according to HO LRN is not on approved list .

B1 from Trinity College is acceptable for FLR(M) as well as for ILR
but
B1 from LRN is not acceptable for FLR(M) but acceptable for ILR.

Both registered in ofqual register

I don't understand this juggle.

Please help ...
Hi, did they give you right of appeal? And what did they say about about it, should u submit another certificate?

Timata24
Newly Registered

Post by Timata24 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:38 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Timata24 wrote:Dear All,
I have been a quite reader of this forum and decided to put my case out today.
I qualify for ILR under the 10 year rules however I want to hear your views on my chances of a successful application.
In UK from 07/08/2004 – 01/08/2014
Student Visa: August 2004 – June 2010
PSW: June 2010 – June 2012
Tier 2: June 2012 – August 2014 (Expires March 2017)
Days outside UK 90 days none over 30days
No previous refusal or immigration issues
3 motoring offences in 2006, 2007 and 2009. All declared in previous applications.
UK Master degree and Life in UK Test done.
I am also worried about the new rules on dependents.
My wife has been in UK since Feb 2005. Student Visa from Feb 2005 – March 2007 and switch to my dependent from March 2007 till date. She would herself qualify for ILR in Jan/Feb 2015. Her current dependent Visa expires in March 2017. Would she need to switch to FLR if my application is successful (God Willing) or can she just apply for her ILR next year?
Two children born in UK ages 6 and 3 and both dependent on my visa.
How best would you advise I proceed with my application, putting into consideration new/changing immigration rules.
Opinion of this wonderful forum is highly valid.
Hi Timata24,
Welcome to the forum. You case is looking good. You are on to apply for your ILR on SET(LR), but I would suggest you to hold your application for a while, means to say probably for another month, this is to play safe, as I want you to apply a bit late, which will give time to your Mrs to reach her time for her long residency in January/ February 2015, and that way you will avoid applying for FLR(M).
Consider for example if you apply now, beginning of August, and we look at the present trent and time lines, it's around 16-20 weeks, so you should get your decision by mid or end of December. Now the question is what date did your Mrs arrived in this country ? As she can apply 28 days earlier than completion of her 10 years, so shell we say that she would be able to apply by mid January 2015, considering the present example that we discussed looks alright isn't it ?? Means you apply now get your decision by mid or end of December, we leave 28 days from there for your Mrs to apply her SET(LR) which will be beginning or mid of January 2015, and every thing is hunky dory, and as I said if you can ideally delay your SET(LR) for another month and so, than it gives you the surety that you will definitely avoid the hassle to apply FLR(M) for your Mrs, and she can just straight away apply her SET(M) on her due time in January/ February 2015.
Regards to kids they are cool for the time being, once you or your Mrs get your ILR, just apply MN1 for them, and they will be sorted. I hope what I suggested makes sense, and helps. All the best with your and your Mrs and kids future applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Shahjee,
Thanks for your response most helpful.
My worries has always been my motoring offences but i pray that shouldn't be an issue.
Regarding my wife, she came into UK 26/02/2005 which means she would be eligible to apply late January 2015.
Since I'm not under any massive pressure I might just wait till late Sept before applying. With the current trend on processing time of 4mths by the time my application is granted she would be eligible to apply under SET(LR).
In terms of supporting documents what are your advise? Thanks

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:40 pm

boby82 same case happend with me but they refused flrm visa but give Discretinary leave to remain. she passed b1 from edexcel esol entry 3 which is accepted in ILR visa but not flrm.
Qasim2020 wrote:

Our FLR(M) application rejected because we submitted English B1 from Learning Resource Network(LRN) with the aim that we will apply SET(M) once we approved for FLR(M) , but according to HO LRN is not on approved list .

but

Please help ...
Hi, did they give you right of appeal? And what did they say about about it, should u submit another certificate?

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi,
Any updates from April applicants.please update me ..
Regards

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:38 pm

khizarm wrote:boby82 same case happend with me but they refused flrm visa but give Discretinary leave to remain. she passed b1 from edexcel esol entry 3 which is accepted in ILR visa but not flrm.
Qasim2020 wrote:

but

When is your current leave expires ??????

Please help ...

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:01 pm

ma14 wrote:
samu140 wrote:Hi
Today my tier1 entrepreneur appeal is dismissed because of bank letter not mention my name. I come in sep 2003 and complete 10 years long residence in sep 2013 but could not apply ilr because my appeal was pending.
Uk entry 23 sep 2003 and then continue lawful residence upto 15 august 2013 when my tier1 visa refused.
From 15 august to 01 august 2014 under 3c leave because I appeal against the decision and

Now appeal is dismissed. Please advice if I go for ilr or appeal to Upper tribunal. Thanks
Hi Samu,

Sorry to hear about your appeal dismissal. I had similar situation and i withdraw my appeal in February 28 days before i qualify for ILR on 10 year route and applied for ILR and got me ILR June 2014.

Let me point out few stuff

1: If you qualify for ILR in August 2013 why did you not withdraw your appeal and apply for ILR.
2: if your appeal is dismissed you can apply upper tribunal within given time frame and then later withdraw and apply for Ilr.

I am telling you what i had done. i came in this country 28 Feb 2004 and was qualifying for ILR on 1 Feb (28 Grace Period). MY Appeal was dismissed in 24th Jan 2014 and i applied to upper tribunal on 28th jan 2014 and later withdraw on 1 feb and same day applied ILR. My ILR was approved in JUne.
Hope this well help you.
thanks for reply, so I appeal and then withdraw , what is the point ? if I withdraw it mean I also accept the ft decision , so why not now? please explain
Keep Updating

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi
Today my tier1 entrepreneur appeal is dismissed because of bank letter not mention my name. I come in sep 2003 and complete 10 years long residence in sep 2013 but could not apply ilr because my appeal was pending.
Uk entry 23 sep 2003 and then continue lawful residence upto 15 august 2013 when my tier1 visa refused.
From 15 august to 01 august 2014 under 3c leave because I appeal against the decision and

Now appeal is dismissed. Please advice if I go for ilr or appeal to Upper tribunal. Thanks
Keep Updating

Qasim2020
Newly Registered

Post by Qasim2020 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:50 pm

khizarm wrote:boby82 same case happend with me but they refused flrm visa but give Discretinary leave to remain. she passed b1 from edexcel esol entry 3 which is accepted in ILR visa but not flrm.
Qasim2020 wrote:

but

Please help ...
Hi, khiz , when did you apply for flr m, please tell me dates and receiving dates, Thanks

vickzkool
Newly Registered

Post by vickzkool » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Guys

About to apply for my wife's flr (m) , how do i know which B1 is allwed for flr (m ) and which one does not , can you tell me where you are getting this info from as I'm not able to get any info about this.

Regards
Vickzkool

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi samu140,
Ideally you should have appealed the initial decision and than withdraw the appeal in September 2013 and on the same day apply for SET(LR) and you would have already received your ILR. But now as it stand you have lost the appeal, if you are going to apply now for your SET(LR) with out first applying to the upper tribunal, that would mean that you have accepted the Home Office decision of rejecting your case initially. By applying to the upper tribunal and than withdrawing it and applying for SET(LR) the same day, will show that you still were fighting the initial decision to be wrong, just to show that you still had options to rely on, but you decided to go for the option of with drawing the upper tribunal appeal and going for SET(LR), but mind it till that time you fought the wrong decision, and that is what is important in your case, to show the intention to the Home Office that you still think that the initial rejection was wrong, you know what I mean. Frankly you should have done that at the first instant but never mind obviously that never happened for a reason, but you should do that now and hopefully it will be alright. I hope it works for you. All the best with your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Thank you shahjee , i appriciate your quick reply , jazakAllah .

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi samu140,
Ideally you should have appealed the initial decision and than withdraw the appeal in September 2013 and on the same day apply for SET(LR) and you would have already received your ILR. But now as it stand you have lost the appeal, if you are going to apply now for your SET(LR) with out first applying to the upper tribunal, that would mean that you have accepted the Home Office decision of rejecting your case initially. By applying to the upper tribunal and than withdrawing it and applying for SET(LR) the same day, will show that you still were fighting the initial decision to be wrong, just to show that you still had options to rely on, but you decided to go for the option of with drawing the upper tribunal appeal and going for SET(LR), but mind it till that time you fought the wrong decision, and that is what is important in your case, to show the intention to the Home Office that you still think that the initial rejection was wrong, you know what I mean. Frankly you should have done that at the first instant but never mind obviously that never happened for a reason, but you should do that now and hopefully it will be alright. I hope it works for you. All the best with your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Keep Updating

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:04 pm

vickzkool wrote:Guys

About to apply for my wife's flr (m) , how do i know which B1 is allwed for flr (m ) and which one does not , can you tell me where you are getting this info from as I'm not able to get any info about this.

Regards
Vickzkool
Hi Vickzkool, hope this helps:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Dear Shahjee

I am a silent reader of this forum, and really appreciate your favour to other members. I am currently on Tier1 general visa applied my Ilr on long residency on 24th march 2014 waiting for my approval. My wife came in the UK in July 2013 last year with my 8 months old daughter as a tier 1 general dependent and also I Have a son born in the UK a month ago. I would like to ask your prayers my approval as its been 19 weeks since I applied and also what are the options for my wife, daughter and a new born son after my ILR. I Will really appreciate your advice and May Allah give you the reward of this.

Thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 pm

When you got ILR ,your UK born child can register as British by using MN1 form
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

For your wife and other child, I believe , apply flr(M ) with need to show income.
After five years ,they can apply settlement .

choice22 wrote:Dear Shahjee

I am a silent reader of this forum, and really appreciate your favour to other members. I am currently on Tier1 general visa applied my Ilr on long residency on 24th march 2014 waiting for my approval. My wife came in the UK in July 2013 last year with my 8 months old daughter as a tier 1 general dependent and also I Have a son born in the UK a month ago. I would like to ask your prayers my approval as its been 19 weeks since I applied and also what are the options for my wife, daughter and a new born son after my ILR. I Will really appreciate your advice and May Allah give you the reward of this.

Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:28 pm

choice22 wrote:Dear Shahjee

Thanks
Hi choice22,
Thanks for the kind words my brother. Looking at the time line, the next week is going to be a good one. Home office have already started April cases, so looks like your one will definitely be coming through next week INSHALLAH.
Regards to your wife and daughter they have to apply FLR(M) and they will receive a 2.5 year visa which is extendable by another 2.5 year to make it a total of 5years and than they can apply for their ILR, for your new born, you can apply for him to be registered as British citizen as soon as you get your ILR.
I hope it helps mate. My prayers and best wishes with you. I will be waiting for you to give us the good news soon INSHALLAH.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Siko

Post by Siko » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:48 am

Hi
I m new to this form I have query regarding long residancy visa
On the basis of 10 years
I come to uk in August 2004 and stay as a student
Uptill dec 2012 then apply post study work for 2 years
Run out my visa in feb 2014 I apply for tier 4 student for
Extension in feb done my finger prints but waiting for decision no reply from home office

1 can I apply for long residancy now
2 what is the procedure if anybody know about please help me
3 solicitor charged me too much for this application they say it is very complicated
I m waiting for u r replies thanks

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Siko,
If your tier 4 application has not been decided yet and you qualify 10 years long residence then you can vary your current application to Set (LR) as your circumstances changed since your last application. All you need to do is send new application form Set (LR) alongwith covering letter explaining that you are varying your application as you qualify into ILR application. Explain that your passports are already with Home Office alongwith English degree (if u sent with ur tier 4 application otherwise send with new Set LR application to claim points for English language)
Also attach life in the UK pass certificate and photocopies of passports (if any).

Hope this helps. If you need more info do ask.

Regards
Khan_81

Siko wrote:Hi
I m new to this form I have query regarding long residancy visa
On the basis of 10 years
I come to uk in August 2004 and stay as a student
Uptill dec 2012 then apply post study work for 2 years
Run out my visa in feb 2014 I apply for tier 4 student for
Extension in feb done my finger prints but waiting for decision no reply from home office

1 can I apply for long residancy now
2 what is the procedure if anybody know about please help me
3 solicitor charged me too much for this application they say it is very complicated
I m waiting for u r replies thanks

Siko

Post by Siko » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:56 pm

[quote="khan_81"]Hi Siko,
If your tier 4 application has not been decided yet and you qualify 10 years long residence then you can vary your current application to Set (LR) as your circumstances changed since your last application. All you need to do is send new application form Set (LR) alongwith covering letter explaining that you are varying your application as you qualify into ILR application. Explain that your passports are already with Home Office alongwith English degree (if u sent with ur tier 4 application otherwise send with new Set LR application to claim points for English language)
Also attach life in the UK pass certificate and photocopies of passports (if any).

Hi khan_81

Thanks for u r reply
I apply in feb 2014 for tier 4 student extension my all
All passport my bachelor degree certificate with home office already but case not decide uptill now
I come to uk in 30 August 2004 so I eligible to apply this week
I got photo copy of all my visas except 2008 bcz. Card was issue at that time I didn't photocopy it so that visa is missing the rest all visas copies I have got
What other document I need for it to send my application
I will send cover letter to explain the satuation
To home office
If any extra document I need to send please guide me thanks khan

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:21 pm

@ Shahjee and all Members

Thank you very much for your prayers and good wishes for me. InshaAllah I hope to give you the good news next week. Also my prayers and best wishes with all those who are waiting for their ILR and May ALLAH reward all of you ILR with your family and please all members remembers in your prayers.

Thanks

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi Siko,
I also varied my Tier 1 application to ILR application. I sent te following
1: completed Set (LR) application form
2: two passport size pics
3: covering letter explaining variation of leave
4: life in the UK pass certificate
5: photo copies of all passports, visas and degree certificate
6: if you have previous approval letter with English language points awards a copy of that too.

If you are missing any visa that won't be problem as they will have all your details, it just to facilitate the visa application process as your documents are with HO. Also don't pay the difference, pay the full set (LR) application fees and then after you receive and submit your biometric ask for a refund on your initial application.

Hope this helps

Khan_81

Siko wrote:
khan_81 wrote:Hi Siko,

Hi khan_81

Thanks for u r reply
I apply in feb 2014 for tier 4 student extension my all
All passport my bachelor degree certificate with home office already but case not decide uptill now
I come to uk in 30 August 2004 so I eligible to apply this week
I got photo copy of all my visas except 2008 bcz. Card was issue at that time I didn't photocopy it so that visa is missing the rest all visas copies I have got
What other document I need for it to send my application
I will send cover letter to explain the satuation
To home office
If any extra document I need to send please guide me thanks khan

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi Siko,
The advice that khan_81 has given you is spot on. Don't waste any time, just get on with it ASAP. As he say pay the full SET(LR) fee and than later on you can ask the Home Office for the return of the fee that you paid for your Tier 4, this is the safest possible option and you save money as well in the long run. And mind it you don't need a solicitor to do that, a simple covering letter explaining every thing clearly and giving the reference numbers to the Home Office that you want to vary your application from Tier4 to SET(LR), and that's it. I hoe
It helps mate. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:11 pm

hi all
can any one explain if applying for SET (LR)
if any one pay by postal order and form says go to section A19 ,,but there is no such section,,,,
can any one breif it please

Ahmed786786
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed786786 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Dear Senior Members or SHAHJEE ,

I need advice regarding me and my wife and my newborn.

My situation is as follows
Currently Tier 2 and my salary is £20,000 and visa until June 2015 and 10 year completes on 20 Sep 2014 as arrived 20 September 2004
Wife came as post study dependent on Feb 2012 and switch to tier 2 dependent before 9 July 2012 and visa until June 2015.
Son born in the Uk on July 2013 and not applied for any visa yet.But got home country pakistan passport for him but not applied any visa for son.

Question No 1: What is the best and quickest way to apply for settlement for us?

Question No 2: I have a B.Sc (Hons) degree from UK University.Do I need to get a letter from Uk Naric to confirm that the degree I got is equivalent to Uk Bachelor degree?(its already a UK DEGREE)?

Question No3: I have checked in the point calculator and its awarded point for Tier 2 extention if I apply under tier 2 again instead of SET (LR).How to get a print out for this English points assessment only to attached with the degree?

Question No4:If Its not possible to get a letter from University to confirm that the degree was taught and researched in English,then only the degree original award will satisfy the English Language requirement.

Question No 5: If I apply 28 days before the 10 years completion then on what day I should apply as I arrive in UK 20 September 2014?

Question No6: In the SET(LR) application please help me in the question D14 as follows:
D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•The country where you were born.
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country

What I can or should write under country and under social cultural or family ties?

Question No 7: Is it compulsory to post the copies of the documents with original documents as the SET(RL) application have never asked about photocopies in the form they only asked about the original document?

Question No 8: I also got the SAR report and everything OK except 1 page containing another person details with representative and the case type EEA-Residence Card-Non EEA National and applicants nationality South Africa.I do not know why I receive in my file? I think its just a Home office negligence ?
Di i need to worry ?
And lastly Do i need to attached SAR and its a big bundle then can i only attached the SAR covering letter without bundle.?

Will be very very thankful to You .

Kind regards,
Ahmed

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Ahmed786786:

Quickest way for settlement is to avoid SET LR as it will reset your wife's settlement clock for further 5 years. Your son can apply once you or both you and your wife get settlement.

For Degrees completed in UK, you simply need to submit original degree n mention it in your covering letter. For showing points on the PBS calculator, you can take screenshots and print them. However its not required as you have studied in UK.

Eligibilty starts 4weeks prior to date of first entry to uk.

State the country you were born n say you have family ties, your family resides there and also your friends.

Regarding photocopies read previous posts and relevant form guidance notes.

SAR file need not be submitted. SET LR is a very straightforward form with few requirements only so don't complicate your application.

Best advice ofcourse Shahjee can give you. Maybe he should start charging fees for his valuable time and guidance :P