ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension Funds Maintenance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Movva365
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension Funds Maintenance

Post by Movva365 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi, I am due to extend my tier 2 general visa, Can you let me know what documents do I need to success in my application, I have all my documents with me but the only question I have is do I need to maintain funds in my account, as I am going for a extension does this required? I have proven my English language test, maintenance in my previous application,I have gone through internet and information is that I need just sponsorship certificate?If I don't maintain funds what are the necessary steps do I need to take,

My company is a A rated as of today, And my visa expeirs on 25th august 2014, If I don't maintain funds (£900) my company can give me a certificate saying they can look after me for 1st month but my question is what happen if my company was taken out of the "A rated" in this mean time? When do you think company's can be issued new certificate(A rated),

Any help on this is very usefull and helpfull as I am very tensed about my situation,

Thanks a lot in advance for you help

Sandeep

Movva365
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Extension Funds Maintenance

Post by Movva365 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:22 pm

[quote="Movva365"]Hi, I am due to extend my tier 2 general visa, Can you let me know what documents do I need to success in my application, I have all my documents with me but the only question I have is do I need to maintain funds in my account, as I am going for a extension does this required? I have proven my English language test, maintenance in my previous application,I have gone through internet and information is that I need just sponsorship certificate?If I don't maintain funds what are the necessary steps do I need to take,

My company is a A rated as of today, And my visa expeirs on 25th august 2014, If I don't maintain funds (£900) my company can give me a certificate saying they can look after me for 1st month but my question is what happen if my company was taken out of the "A rated" in this mean time? When do you think company's can be issued new certificate(A rated),

Any help on this is very usefull and helpfull as I am very tensed about my situation,

Thanks a lot in advance for you help

Sandeep

Movva365
Newly Registered

Post by Movva365 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Please somebody who know's this reply, I am waiting eagerly, Today I consulted of the solicitor and he said if I already have a tier 2 genral visa there is no need to maintain funds in my account, Is the information right? Please give me a detail answer if anybody could,

Thanks for you help in advance

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Post by anoops1984 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:20 pm

You don't need to show maintenance as you are already on Tier 2 general category.

Movva365
Newly Registered

Post by Movva365 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Thanks a lot Anoop for your reply

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Bit surprised people are asking simple questions that are explained clearly in the Tier 2 Guidance notes and immigration rules...

Movva365
Newly Registered

Post by Movva365 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:54 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Bit surprised people are asking simple questions that are explained clearly in the Tier 2 Guidance notes and immigration rules...
I know it may look simple for you, and some for some of them, It is always better to take suggestions if we feel we are in a fix,

In this forum I hope and feel there is no room for personal surprises, If you know the answer to the question try to answer it, if it looks silly for you don't bother about it but please don't waste the space in the comment box with unrelated answers.

PS- Try to be in the shoe's of the person who is asking the question, Don't just say what you want one day you also might have or will end up with silly questions which you might think is the most complex one's

Hope to see you, But not you'r silly messages again

Cheers
Sandeep

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Movva365 wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:Bit surprised people are asking simple questions that are explained clearly in the Tier 2 Guidance notes and immigration rules...
I know it may look simple for you, and some for some of them, It is always better to take suggestions if we feel we are in a fix,

In this forum I hope and feel there is no room for personal surprises, If you know the answer to the question try to answer it, if it looks silly for you don't bother about it but please don't waste the space in the comment box with unrelated answers.

PS- Try to be in the shoe's of the person who is asking the question, Don't just say what you want one day you also might have or will end up with silly questions which you might think is the most complex one's

Hope to see you, But not you'r silly messages again

Cheers
Sandeep
Sure it might not be so trivial but would be good if someone made use of the search features available before creating a new thread....

Movva365
Newly Registered

Post by Movva365 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Hmmmm... we and you go through search engines first and then only try to create a thread if you feel it's better to get advice from somebody who already faced the situation in one is, anyhow do you know the answer for the above question, Can you explain me what happens if my sponsor doesn't tick on the fund's in COF and if he is not A rated? Do I need to submit bankstatements at all?? Do I need to go to biometric test again?

PS-Instead of proving a point to each other its good we share knowledge

Thanks
sndeep

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:23 pm

Sandeep, I am not sure if you still need assistance but for you & others, only A rated and above spnonsor can issue the ceritificate.

If sponnsor has not mentioned in CoS, but later wants to issue then can make a note in SMS account for that CoS.(in my case it happend)

Regarding extension of visa, i am also looking for answer if I need to show funds/ certificate as I am also apllying for extension in coming days.So still required or not required for me OR for my dependant as well

P.S. sandeep, i agree. Why ppl. Dont understand sitution of other person. It is matter of someones future and lot of money as well.
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

A simple Google search will give the answer on Tier 2 renewal guidelines. There is no minimum fund maintenance requirement also check the documents required and the policy guide.

The UK immigration law for visas and ILR applications is really simple if you spend time reading the website in detail. Not all complicated like USA visas and processes.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... -your-visa
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 pm

FaeLLe wrote:A simple Google search will give the answer on Tier 2 renewal guidelines. There is no minimum fund maintenance requirement also check the documents required and the policy guide.

The UK immigration law for visas and ILR applications is really simple if you spend time reading the website in detail. Not all complicated like USA visas and processes.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-intracompany- ... -your-visa
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa
My case is not for ILR. Its Tier 2 Gen extension.

In my opinion i dont need to show funds becoz of Tier 2 migrant. (Plz confirm it) . But if you make call to HO, you will get different ans every time.
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:13 am

Did you open the link I shared above mate?

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 am

FaeLLe wrote:Did you open the link I shared above mate?
Yes dear, For me maint. Funds not required but i did not find such a clear thing for dependants

However i found option of as status of main applicant in online app under maint. Section and thats why i phoned to HO but they did not give me clear answer and asked to use cert. provided by employer
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi All,

I modified options available in online application as follows

Main Applicant – Maintenance
Selected >> I have leave as a Tier 2 Migrant

Tier 2 dependent maintenance
Selected >> The immigration status of the main applicant

and clicked to check the application , and this time it did not prompted me for maintenance for each dependent.

I called to HO and they said , If i am already in the UK under Tier 2 . Neither me nor my dependent need to provide maintenance evidence.

but they are confused about the question

Q. Does this dependent intend to stay in the UK beyond your current period
of leave?

any idea about that question?
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:30 pm

If I were you I would answer No, main reason being Tier 2 visa is for those with temporary intent to work in the UK and ideally they should leave the UK after their reason for working there is over.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:39 pm

If you fill online application and under maint. Funds section of dependent, click on more Guidance, a window will popup and you will see following guidence

This dependant meets the maintenance requirement if:

1. They have personal savings of at least £630 which have been held for a consecutive 90-day period, ending no more than 31 days before the date of this application (overdraft facilities are not considered to be available funds).

or

2. Their maintenance has been certified by your sponsor. To be able to certify maintenance the sponsor must have a rating status of A-rated (Premium), A-rated (SME+) or A-rated. You can check your sponsor’s rating on the Tier 2 and Tier 5 Sponsor Register at
sponsor (opens in a new window)
The sponsor is certifying maintenance for this dependant if they have stated that they will maintain and accommodate them up to the end of the first month of your employment in the UK. Please contact your sponsor if you are unsure whether the sponsor is certifying maintenance for them. The sponsor may limit the amount they are prepared to fund but the amount must be at least £630 or

3. You currently have permission to stay as a:

▪ Tier 2 migrant;

▪ Jewish agency employee;

▪ Member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline;

▪ Minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order;

▪ Representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation; or

▪ Work permit holder.

Each dependant must meet the maintenance requirements. If they do not, we will refuse your application and theirs, even if all the other requirements are met.
Khurram

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Yep dependents need funds to support or letter from Tier A sponsor, you found it :)

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:25 pm

FaeLLe wrote:Yep dependents need funds to support or letter from Tier A sponsor, you found it :)
What? Tier A? , no dependent of tier 2 Gen extension need to show funds (HO said same)
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:10 am

I am going mad, please respond, for tier 2 gen extension (not first time) dependents need to show funds or certificate?
Khurram

fOOt
Newly Registered

Post by fOOt » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 am

Khurram545 wrote:I am going mad, please respond, for tier 2 gen extension (not first time) dependents need to show funds or certificate?
I have got this from the PBS dependant policy guidance, which can be found here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

For example, where the Tier 2 Migrant is submitting an application because they are changing employment within Tier 2, neither the Tier 2 Migrant nor any family member is required to submit evidence that they meet the maintenance requirement.

Although it says changing employment in the sentence, but it will be the same in case of extensions as you still need a CoS and make a fresh application.

Hope this helped.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:44 am

fOOt wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:I am going mad, please respond, for tier 2 gen extension (not first time) dependents need to show funds or certificate?
I have got this from the PBS dependant policy guidance, which can be found here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

For example, where the Tier 2 Migrant is submitting an application because they are changing employment within Tier 2, neither the Tier 2 Migrant nor any family member is required to submit evidence that they meet the maintenance requirement.

Although it says changing employment in the sentence, but it will be the same in case of extensions as you still need a CoS and make a fresh application.

Hope this helped.

thanks for response, that's the same thing HO helpline says , I have attached the screenshot of maintenance section for dependant
but guideline says different and must ask to provide evidence £630 /per dependant or certificate from sponsor
(Please check M11 from guideline , it is silent about immigration status of main applicant.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf)

Screenshot can be found here
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0FCF_8 ... pteDg/edit

that contradictions made end user an idiot. and he /she search forums and seeks for help even at late nights
Khurram

fOOt
Newly Registered

Post by fOOt » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:33 pm

I am kind of lost here now. Let me see, at present you are on a Tier 2 Visa and want to extend it further under the same category. And you are asking if your dependent(s) needs to show maintenance funds when you apply, right?

My questions to you is that:

Are your dependent coming for the first time or they were already with you and were included in the application when you got your Tier 2 for the first time?

The guidance says -

Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant

54. You must have £630 to support yourself.

55. This requirement can be met by:
• having savings of £630 which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application; or
• the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per family member.

56. For example, the Tier 2 Migrant is making an application at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £630 for their spouse and a further £630 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £2835 in available funds (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945).

57. If you apply at the same time as the main applicant, you are only required to provide evidence that you meet the maintenance requirement when the Tier 2 Migrant is also required to meet the maintenance requirement. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor.

58. For example, where the Tier 2 Migrant is submitting an application because they are changing employment within Tier 2, neither the Tier 2 Migrant nor any family member is required to submit evidence that they meet the maintenance requirement.

Answer

Point 57 and 58 relates to your scenario. What i understand of above is that you dont have to show any funds for yourself or your dependant. They will only need to show evidence of maintenance funds when you are asked to show evidence. Since, extension within Tier 2 does not require you to submit any evidence for funds, hence, neither does your dependent.
I dont like the online form, use the paper based application.
But if you are still in dilemma, then i will recommend that just show evidence that you have the necessary amount in your account to support your dependent (considering you have the stated amount for 90 days) and send all the documents. It will be of no harm, UKVI will use the information if they need it or they will just ignore the extra paperwork, but it will give you peace of mind.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:49 pm

fOOt wrote:I am kind of lost here now. Let me see, at present you are on a Tier 2 Visa and want to extend it further under the same category. And you are asking if your dependent(s) needs to show maintenance funds when you apply, right?

My questions to you is that:

Are your dependent coming for the first time or they were already with you and were included in the application when you got your Tier 2 for the first time?

The guidance says -

Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant

54. You must have £630 to support yourself.

55. This requirement can be met by:
• having savings of £630 which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application; or
• the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the family member for a month. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per family member.

56. For example, the Tier 2 Migrant is making an application at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £630 for their spouse and a further £630 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £2835 in available funds (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945).

57. If you apply at the same time as the main applicant, you are only required to provide evidence that you meet the maintenance requirement when the Tier 2 Migrant is also required to meet the maintenance requirement. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will always need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor.

58. For example, where the Tier 2 Migrant is submitting an application because they are changing employment within Tier 2, neither the Tier 2 Migrant nor any family member is required to submit evidence that they meet the maintenance requirement.

Answer

What i understand of above is that you dont have to show any funds for yourself or your dependant.
But if you are still in dilemma, then i will recommend that just show evidence that you have the necessary amount in your account to support your dependent (considering you have the stated amount for 90 days) and send all the documents. It will be of no harm, UKVI will use the information if they need it or they will just ignore the extra paperwork, but it will give you peace of mind.

They joined me after few months but now they been here more than 2 years.. we will apply same time with in the UK

It is 100% clear, i dont need to provide bank statement for myself

My bank statement is already ready ( that is named only to me)
Maintenance cert for me & family is also avaiable
Issue is with my wife case, i am getting impression that she must have her own bank statement to show funds.

Thete is option available under maint. Section of depedant, option says: immigration status same as main apllicant , what is this for?
Khurram

fOOt
Newly Registered

Post by fOOt » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:51 pm

I have had look at the PBS dependent application form (paper based)

It clearly states under

Section M - About your Maintenance
In this section you will be asked to provide information about maintenance which is the money you will need for your living costs in the UK. It is essential that you ensure that the information you provide in this section is accurate. We use this information to advise you of the amount of money you will need for maintenance.

M1; Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant that you are
dependant upon?

Yes (go to M2) You will answer yes here
No (go to M4)

M2; Under which category of the Points Based System is the main applicant applying?
Tier 1 (General) - go to M6
Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs) - go to M7
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) - go to M10
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Investors) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Post Study Work) - go to M7
Tier 2 (General) - go to M3 This is your answer
Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfers) - go to M3
Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) - go to M3
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) - go to M3
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) - All categories - go to Section M11

M3; Is the PBS main applicant making:
An initial switching application - go to M11
An application for an extension of their existing leave - go to section N This is your answer
An application following a change of employment - go to Section N

Thus, finally the form asks you to go to section N which has nothing to do with maintenance funds. Hence, you dont have to show evidence for funds for anyone. It cant get clearer than this.