ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC Refused - Doubts about appeal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JulianaV

RC Refused - Doubts about appeal

Post by JulianaV » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:55 am

Hi, Everyone !

Our RC has been refused. What is the best to do ? Appeal or start over again ?

If we decide to appeal ? I cannot find in this board or Google how much is the court fee. Any idea ? Is a lawyer really necessary ?
We are potentially running out of funds.

Obie
Ireland

Re: RC Refused - Doubts about appeal

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:59 am

What was the reason for refusal.

Appeal fee is about £80 for a paper and £140 for Oral hearing,

Depending on the nature of the case, you may require a lawyer.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Just trying to not bother with details, but... Ok, I will try to be short..

1) We sent it 2 months ago based on the self sufficient route. We sent not much things to support our application, in fact.
2) 1 week ago we sent an additional evidence: Payslip and job contract and a letter telling our change of circumstances (no longer a self employed, but now with a full time contract employment).
3) The refusal arrived today, but with no mention about the additional evidences we sent. Probably because we sent it too late and it's never was considered.

So, my husband will appeal and send my payslips and my contract of work to the court and put on the appeal that the HO ignored very strong evidences probably because some operational error.

I believe it's a very simple case. My only concern: The application of the NIN of my husband could be jeopardised .What if the revenue decided to check exactly today the reference number on the COA ? I believe he is subject to be denied.

JulianaV

Post by JulianaV » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:19 pm

I will appeal on next friday and I'm still have some doubts.

What if:

1) The HO process the NIN of my husband on monday ? This will be refused because actually the status of our RC is denied and the COA is temporary invalid 'til I decide to appeal ?

2) I believe I will be fired this week :( My proof is basically my contract and my payslips. If I got fired, does my proofs still valid ?

3) My case really appear so simple. I'm considering to request a reconsideration instead appeal. Can someone give me suggestions ?

whale
Newly Registered

Post by whale » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:00 am

@Obe, is it possible to apply for paper hearing and the court responded by sending someone Oral hearing, perhaps was charged for oral hearing? pls advice on this

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:02 am

@JulianaV; my advise to you will be to reapply with the new evidence you have since you now have a full time contract employment. You will then receive a new COA with right to work, usually take up to 3 weeks to arrive.
Why do you think you will lose your job? do your employer knows about the refusal?
GOD BLESS!!!