ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

annual leave evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jazz81
Newly Registered

annual leave evidence

Post by jazz81 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi Guys

My ILR appointment is on 29/04/2014. I am on tier 1 general visa and I complete 5 yrs on T1 general on 15 May 2014.

I am employed and have been out of country for 110 days (paid annual leave) in this 5 yr period. Unfortunateley I donot have a letter from my previous employers to prove that I was on paid annual leave.

Can some one suggest what other evidence I can provide.

Thanks for your help

asmiali

Re: annual leave evidence

Post by asmiali » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:35 am

Do you even need a letter to say that you were on paid annual leave? I don't think so. Can someone confirm.

jazz81
Newly Registered

Post by jazz81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Yes.

Can any one suggest what other evidence I can provide ???

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Jazz, how did you manage this then? I hope you got your ILR.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 pm

As a reminder for others for future notice it is better to get a statement from employers on approved annual leaves before you leave your employer.

There is no other way to get a record of approved absences outside the country.

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:55 am

For a colleague of mine - he is on T2 G. How would this work for business travel? Our company has no records with regards to business travel and he travels frequently on work (total absences would still be lower than 180 days in 1 year, probably less than 180 days in 5 years). Does the letter need to be specific and make reference to dates or can it be generic and just confirm that he was required to travel on business several times and took annual leave within policy, but remained a paid employee at all time (i.e. no unpaid leave)?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:28 am

vlad04 wrote:For a colleague of mine - he is on T2 G. How would this work for business travel? Our company has no records with regards to business travel and he travels frequently on work (total absences would still be lower than 180 days in 1 year, probably less than 180 days in 5 years). Does the letter need to be specific and make reference to dates or can it be generic and just confirm that he was required to travel on business several times and took annual leave within policy, but remained a paid employee at all time (i.e. no unpaid leave)?
It is his responsibility to track absences if he ever wants to get ILR.

Start making records and the letter has to have exact records with entry and exit dates.

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:13 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
vlad04 wrote:For a colleague of mine - he is on T2 G. How would this work for business travel? Our company has no records with regards to business travel and he travels frequently on work (total absences would still be lower than 180 days in 1 year, probably less than 180 days in 5 years). Does the letter need to be specific and make reference to dates or can it be generic and just confirm that he was required to travel on business several times and took annual leave within policy, but remained a paid employee at all time (i.e. no unpaid leave)?

Start making records and the letter has to have exact records with entry and exit dates.
I don't think it's a question of "his responsibility." Dates can be easily obtained from the passport, but would a company sign off on something they have no records of? It isn't reasonable.

vlad04
Newly Registered

Post by vlad04 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:19 pm

FaeLLe wrote:

I don't think it's a question of "his responsibility." Dates can be easily obtained from the passport, but I can't see why/how a company would sign off on something they have no records of?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 pm

He needs to start providing this proof - Business travels / records can easily be recorded since expenses are claimed, annual leaves / sick leaves are easily proven by timesheets or leave approval records.

Your company will need to certify this if you track these properly and provide proof. Otherwise they will lose you as an employee after 5 years of working with them.

P.S. Passport will not always have records of immigration stamps for all countries, E.g. if I am leaving UK and entering another EU country using the Electronic gates it gets really messy and hard to track such movements. In such cases you will need to keep flight tickets and boarding pass stubs as records.