ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR quiry for HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahin1110

ILR quiry for HSMP

Post by mahin1110 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 am

I am a HSMP holder since Nov. 2002 planning to apply for ILR in October, 2007. I have been doing some contract works for last 5 years but not contineously and self-employed for last 1 year with limited success. Can you share any experiences of Successful ILR whether HO ask about job continuity and minimum income?

was

Re: ILR quiry for HSMP

Post by was » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:35 am

mahin1110 wrote:I am a HSMP holder since Nov. 2002 planning to apply for ILR in October, 2007. I have been doing some contract works for last 5 years but not contineously and self-employed for last 1 year with limited success. Can you share any experiences of Successful ILR whether HO ask about job continuity and minimum income?

Hi mahin
iam planning to apply for ilr in oct 2007 as well and my problem is is at moment doing a course in SAP and to support myself iam doing a low skillled job. if u have get any information plz do share with me as well.
let me know which solicitor u are going throuh. plz reply

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:34 am

Income over the last 12 months is crucial. Have you read the guidance?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:42 am

VictoriaS wrote:Income over the last 12 months is crucial. Have you read the guidance?

Victoria
Yeah but I thought if you are just starting a business, you should show progress of the business, which means it may be still fledging by moving forward and thus little income or income coming in in spurts

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:44 pm

was wrote:
mahin1110 wrote:I am a HSMP holder since Nov. 2002 planning to apply for ILR in October, 2007. I have been doing some contract works for last 5 years but not contineously and self-employed for last 1 year with limited success. Can you share any experiences of Successful ILR whether HO ask about job continuity and minimum income?

Hi mahin
iam planning to apply for ilr in oct 2007 as well and my problem is is at moment doing a course in SAP and to support myself iam doing a low skillled job. if u have get any information plz do share with me as well.
Unfortunately it's called the Highly Skilled Migrants Programme, not the Lowly Skilled Migrants Programme. Doing low-skilled work will not look good when applying for ILR.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:55 pm

Dawie wrote:
was wrote:

Hi mahin
Unfortunately it's called the Highly Skilled Migrants Programme, not the Lowly Skilled Migrants Programme. Doing low-skilled work will not look good when applying for ILR.
sorry the criteria for ILR is if you have leave to remain under HSMP basis for 5 years and prove that you can support yourself when the application is being made. If you happen to hit a bad spot upon application, I don't think working at Mickie D's (this is extreme example) should be a barrier for getting approval of ILR.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:58 pm

SYH wrote:
Dawie wrote:
was wrote:

Hi mahin
sorry the criteria for ILR is if you have leave to remain under HSMP basis for 5 years and prove that you can support yourself when the application is being made. If you happen to hit a bad spot upon application, I don't think working at Mickie D's (this is extreme example) should be a barrier for getting approval of ILR.
Speaking of HSMP vs LSMP, is there any (future) criteria that demands that HSMP holders actually get a graduate-entry job, in order to qualify for an extension? Or, conversely, they earn £x to qualify for the extension?

For some reason I think I read something like this - that they are going to change it (or already have?) so that HSMP holders actually work in graduate level jobs/earn above a certain income, in order to qualify for an extension (but probably not required for ILR)?

Anyone?

mahin1110

ILR quiry for HSMP

Post by mahin1110 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi!
Thanks for comments. I have read the guidance. The rules only required to be economically active (unlike HSMP extension) for the last 5 years. I was economically active for the period. I have been lecturing in a UK public university, but the contract is only during session time. So, no doubt about the quality of job.

Any Home Office experience regarding past income for ILR? Please share.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------
VictoriaS wrote:Income over the last 12 months is crucial. Have you read the guidance?

Victoria

mahin1110

Post by mahin1110 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi!
We can exchange email and share experiences.

Thanks
---------------------
was wrote:

Hi mahin

was

Post by was » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:07 pm

mahin mail me on cheekywas@yahoo.co.uk

mahin1110 wrote:Hi!
We can exchange email and share experiences.

Thanks
---------------------
was wrote:

Hi mahin