ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FLR (FP) Need help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hbee86
Newly Registered

Applying for FLR (FP) Need help

Post by hbee86 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Hello everyone, I have a sticky situation and I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on what my chances are for obtaining DLR by going the 10 year partner/parent route on FLR (FP).

I have been in the UK for 3 1/2 years, I arrived march 17th 2011. I married my husband who is a British National and had a son in 2012. I originally came from the USA on a 6 month visitor visa. I couldn't leave during my pregnancy to go back to the states and get a spouse visa or to just come back with a new stamp because I had a high risk pregnancy and wasn't allowed to travel. Because of my status, we struggled financially after the baby was born and it took us 9 months for the child tax credits to come through. We were living off husband's job seekers, child benefit, and housing benefits. Now my husband is working, and in college part time and we are separated. I have no money, no right to work, no access to public funds and have a 2 year old I take care of every day. I have made an application to UKBA for FLR (FP) under the 10 year route parent/partner. I have marriage certificate, husbands pay slips, benefit letters, child's birth certificate, my passport, husbands passport, and things like tenancy agreement, etc. I can't afford the £600 fee and neither can my husband, he makes minimum wage and we struggle a lot. I was living for a month with my son in a different town when we first got separated, I stayed with a friend and worked for her to make a little money but it was very difficult. I'm back at home with my husband now because I have no choice, with no way to work or support my son. My husband does not share bank account with me, I get no money. I have no access to anything and I feel trapped. Do I qualify for FLR (FP) visa fee waiver as being destitute? I also have no family or friends back in the USA that can support me. I am here alone, I have very few friends here, and I am a bit estranged from the in laws. My son is a British Citizen.

I need help, I don't know what my options are and how I can legalize my stay so that I can move out and move on with my child, get a flat of my own and get a job to support myself and my son. I cannot afford legal help from a solicitor. I don't know what organizations are out there, or what support I can get.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for FLR (FP) Need help

Post by Amber » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Insofar as it would not be reasonable for the child to leave the UK, good.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.