ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application with dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sam69
Mood:
India

ILR application with dependants

Post by Sam69 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Moderators,

I am regular visiter of this forum and always used its posts to solve my queries. When I was trying to change my visa catagory from WP to Tier 2 general in Feb2012 Iwas successfull and most of the credit goes to the posts and answers by moderators.

This time now I am trying to convert my visa catagory fromTier 2 general to ILR with my kid and wife both on tier 2 general dependant.

I have few clarification (read as basis) questions and some critical(at least for me) questions

-I am using Set(o) application form for this application, but there is no separate form dependants is this correct that I have only one form to submit even if I am applying for 3 people.

-for section 6(imigration history) ie absence from UK, do I have to give details of absence from UK for my wife as well as kid? she has extensive history of travelling to India.

-I as a main applicant travelled around 75 days for work and 8 weeks for leisure visits in last 5 years, I can get letter from employer regarding work travel, do I have to take latter regarding leisure travel as well?

-Also regarding Cohabitation I dont have last 2 years proof. I can only provide 1.50 years of contract proof, will this affect my application

Thanks Moderators in advance, waiting for your reply.

Sameer

Sam69
Mood:
India

Re: ILR application with dependants

Post by Sam69 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Please reply to my queries above in particular last two years cohabitation query,

I got my Tier 2 general visa in April 2012, then my wife went to India and arrived back in UK after six months in Mid October 2012. So if I decide to go for ILR in September 2014 will this cohabitation clause affect me?

I dont have any documents to prove that that she was living at the same address as me till Jan 2013.

Can somebody please through some light on my issue???

Sameer

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:42 pm

All on SET(O) I don't envisage any major issues with what you wrote.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sam69
Mood:
India

Post by Sam69 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks Amber for reply, does that mean whatever cohabitation proof I have is enough to prove we are living togather for last 2 years, even after changing my last visa from WP to Tier 2 genaral in April2012.

if this is the case that will save me atleast £1000 from going to solicitor.

Sameer

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Sam69 wrote:Thanks Amber for reply, does that mean whatever cohabitation proof I have is enough to prove we are living togather for last 2 years, even after changing my last visa from WP to Tier 2 genaral in April2012.

if this is the case that will save me atleast £1000 from going to solicitor.

Sameer
You are fine, I have put only one year cohabitation. By the way, if your wife has got any letters to your address, you can keep that with you for cohabitation.

One set(O) form for all three.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 pm

SET(O) is generally not as strict as SET(M) regarding cohabitation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sam69
Mood:
India

Post by Sam69 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks varghesejim and Amber for confirming.