ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by networkers » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:25 am

Mrs Asim wrote:Hi Saf

Yes it helps. So its clear I will have to change the name. I renewed my nadra card from pakistan when I was over there, my father just renewed it while we were there even though it had 8 months left on it!!! Fathers always eager to get things done early! So as my card was renewed in pakistan, I have to change the details on it in pakistan hence having to travel there. If my nadra card was renewed in UK they could of easily changed it for me. But pakistan nadra cards have this computerised chip on it and UK ones don't and UK cant amend it...Big mistake in renewing it in Pakistan.

May Allah SWT bless us all in this long enduring process.

Try Pakistan Embassy in London and apply for a new Nadra card with Husband's name instead of Father's name. This shouldn't be a problem at all INSHA'ALLAH.

reeree

Post by reeree » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:12 am

Shaggy000 wrote:I email to ukvi and they ans me to send some info we will esclate ur case i send some all info ang they give me this reply
I have now escalated your concern to our senior management. Someone will be
in touch with you in five business working days, as our senior management
will look at your concern and then raise it up with decision making centre
for your country. Is this auto reply or thay actuallly escalte it
W

Shaggy everytime i message ukvi they reply with the same msg about escalation.
So in my last msg to them, i had asked what exactly have they escalated & to whom?

This is what they replied 'I am going to escalate this case once again in complaints section and one
of our team members will contact you for the updates. You are requested to
be patient and wait for the processing to be completed.'

LOL! Now this is what u call uneducated thick ppl.
They have no adequate answer so they replied saying thAt they will escalate 'again'.
Applied in Lahore: 04/10/2013
Spouse Called for Interview: 08/07/2014
Current Status: Application still under process

reeree

Post by reeree » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:37 am

networkers wrote:
Mrs Asim wrote:Hi Saf

Yes it helps. So its clear I will have to change the name. I renewed my nadra card from pakistan when I was over there, my father just renewed it while we were there even though it had 8 months left on it!!! Fathers always eager to get things done early! So as my card was renewed in pakistan, I have to change the details on it in pakistan hence having to travel there. If my nadra card was renewed in UK they could of easily changed it for me. But pakistan nadra cards have this computerised chip on it and UK ones don't and UK cant amend it...Big mistake in renewing it in Pakistan.

May Allah SWT bless us all in this long enduring process.

Try Pakistan Embassy in London and apply for a new Nadra card with Husband's name instead of Father's name. This shouldn't be a problem at all INSHA'ALLAH.

I dont understand why this nadra card is compulsory??
I applied last year without nadra card certificate (evn though i have a valid nadra card with my fathers name on it)- so has something changed since then?

How is it possible for one to get married & then back track all their documents to chnge the names on it.
This is incorrect!!
Mrs Asim, i think u need to seek legal advice.
I agree with some ppl, that all the information must be consistent ie. In terms of ur full name.
But its not a MUST that u apply with documents under ur husbands name!
Furthermore, ur nikkah namma is the most vital document which has to be attested at a pakistani official office (thats both English & Urdu version). Thats whats the HO require.
Your nadra card is not valid in the UK, its only valid in Pakistan.
So i cant see any logic how this will benefit your application for UK VISA application.

If you look through some of the historical information on this blog, a few ppl have given a breakdown list of the documents required for submitting an application.

This is the first im hearing about NADRA card!!!!
Applied in Lahore: 04/10/2013
Spouse Called for Interview: 08/07/2014
Current Status: Application still under process

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:30 am

Hey

Yes your right nadra card will not affect my spouse visa case BUT it does affect me getting the nadra marriage certificate. In order to get that certificate there are issues with the details on the card that they are highlighting. If I don't have the certificate my case will be rejected.

London is my last hope I'll go there and sit outside the office if I have too!!!

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Post by newstart2014 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:48 am

dear mrs asim,
as I advised earlier also, the process flow is 2step in that order:
1. u get ur marriage certificate from union council ( this is nadra's certificate issued by union council).
2. u take ur marriage certificate to nadra id card office, asking them to change ur id card name based on ur marriage certificate.

ask ur husband to get the marriage certificate from ur union council.

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Post by newstart2014 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 am

hello friends,
can anyone raise their hands who applied in June or July 2014 and got visa?
I heard some ppl got visas within 3 weeks to a month. can those lucky ppl pls share their experience and key success factors.
thanks

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:07 am

newstart2014 wrote:dear mrs asim,
as I advised earlier also, the process flow is 2step in that order:
1. u get ur marriage certificate from union council ( this is nadra's certificate issued by union council).
2. u take ur marriage certificate to nadra id card office, asking them to change ur id card name based on ur marriage certificate.

ask ur husband to get the marriage certificate from ur union council.
Newstart is right.......
You get the marriage cert from the Union Council where your nikah was registered. Urdu version and the computerised version which I believe is the nadra cert, the nadra cert is now issued through the Union Councils where the nikah is registered.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Any september application still waiting! Its nearly 11 months and no decision is made....stressing me out!

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:16 pm

I would suggest for all those waiting for visa over six month. first of all a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. This can often hurry the UKVI along and also could possibly lead to compensation for any losses (though this is discretionary). There is nothing preventing you from complaining to the ombudsman yourself but it does have to be signed off and forwarded by your MP. Most MPs are happy to do this, though I have seen cases where they've refused - if they refuse to sign, then unfortunately you cannot complain directly to the Ombudsman yourself.

Either at the same time as this, or after, you could write to the UKVI threatening judicial review though this is really something that your solicitor should do for you. It's one of those that depends on all the individual circumstances and actually following through with a judicial review can be very costly and can lead to you having to pay the Home Office's legal costs if you were to lose.

I am trying the Ombudsman first and think about judicial review later.

Details of the Ombudsman and the form can be found here: http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

I got this information from legal advisor so don't not just sit try some thing,if you waiting time is over 6 months.

I hope this helps

Best wishes
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Post by mobileunlockers » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi

My wife got her ielts results today but i dont know how to calculate the band. can anyone help me with this please? she is got low in listhening. do you it will be accepted by Home office.has she failed it? Here are all the results.
Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks

Girl786

Post by Girl786 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Majy05 wrote:Any september application still waiting! Its nearly 11 months and no decision is made....stressing me out!
Urx just 11 months n mine is 14 months n just stressing us alot. I dnt gt it watx going on . This bloody uk immigration systm is so crap . I had never seen such a crap system .

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 pm

musriz wrote: Newstart is right.......
You get the marriage cert from the Union Council where your nikah was registered. Urdu version and the computerised version which I believe is the nadra cert, the nadra cert is now issued through the Union Councils where the nikah is registered.
I didn't know you had to get another Urdu marriage certificate and a computerized version of it

All i submitted was the nikahnama in urdu and an english translation of it, both attested by the ministry of foreign affairs in islamabad.
my nikah was done in azad kashmir. would this make any difference?

blumango

Post by blumango » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:20 pm

mobileunlockers wrote:Hi

My wife got her ielts results today but i dont know how to calculate the band. can anyone help me with this please? she is got low in listhening. do you it will be accepted by Home office.has she failed it? Here are all the results.
Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks

I think 4.0 is required for each listening and speaking. on this basis, you do not meet the English test requirement for a uk spouse visa
Applied in Mirpur: 07/02/2014
Spouse Called for Interview: 02/07/2014
RFC: 10/10/2014 VISA GRANTED

sami3

Post by sami3 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:44 pm

zeeh wrote:I would suggest for all those waiting for visa over six month. first of all a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. This can often hurry the UKVI along and also could possibly lead to compensation for any losses (though this is discretionary). There is nothing preventing you from complaining to the ombudsman yourself but it does have to be signed off and forwarded by your MP. Most MPs are happy to do this, though I have seen cases where they've refused - if they refuse to sign, then unfortunately you cannot complain directly to the Ombudsman yourself.

Either at the same time as this, or after, you could write to the UKVI threatening judicial review though this is really something that your solicitor should do for you. It's one of those that depends on all the individual circumstances and actually following through with a judicial review can be very costly and can lead to you having to pay the Home Office's legal costs if you were to lose.

Details of the Ombudsman and the form can be found here: http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

I got this information from legal advisor so don't not just sit try some thing,if you waiting time is over 6 months.

I hope this helps

Best wishes

some very useful information. I will do the same first try with Ombudsman. Let me know how did it go. i applied on 20th January.

Good luck bro

zeeh
Member of Standing

Post by zeeh » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:11 pm

mobileunlockers wrote:Hi

Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks
That is good,Home office is only looking for basic which A1.
May the blessings of Allah fill your life with happiness and open all the doors of success now and always.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:36 am

That is good,Home office is only looking for basic which A1.[/quote]

Zeeh i have looked up Ombudsman website. DO you know under what category i need to complaint? Also can i not write a letter myself? why i need to send it through my MP? or needs his signatures?

Appreciate your quick reply.

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:53 am

zeeh wrote:I would suggest for all those waiting for visa over six month. first of all a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. This can often hurry the UKVI along and also could possibly lead to compensation for any losses (though this is discretionary). There is nothing preventing you from complaining to the ombudsman yourself but it does have to be signed off and forwarded by your MP. Most MPs are happy to do this, though I have seen cases where they've refused - if they refuse to sign, then unfortunately you cannot complain directly to the Ombudsman yourself.

I hope this helps

Best wishes
Zeeh Can u please tell me procedure abt complaint service i believe that if we all will complaint through this website that will very helpful for all of us..i am waiting for ur reply then i will contact with my MP.
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:49 am

Anyone do the A1 city and guilds English test ?

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 am

Mrs Asim wrote:Anyone do the A1 city and guilds English test ?
Yes my wife did A1 city and guilds test in September 2012 and its did not expire and she was issued a visa in march 2014.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:09 am

tallojani wrote:
Yes my wife did A1 city and guilds test in September 2012 and its did not expire and she was issued a visa in march 2014.
How long did the results and certificate take? What are the pass mark bands and are there 2 certificates one for listening and one for speaking ?

Buds321
Newly Registered

Post by Buds321 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi everyone

I may need to change my job due to redundancy in 2 months time...I have applied for the spouse visa in April 2014 and was wondering is anyone could tell me what the procedure was with telling the UKVI about changing my job and would it affect my current application.

Thanks

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

Buds321 wrote:Hi everyone

I may need to change my job due to redundancy in 2 months time...I have applied for the spouse visa in April 2014 and was wondering is anyone could tell me what the procedure was with telling the UKVI about changing my job and would it affect my current application.

Thanks
If you still have 2 months left in your current employment, I would not mention it to UKVI as maybe your application will be successful by then. When 2 months are over and you have found new employment then you can mention it. I wouldn't rock the boat at this stage.

Buds321
Newly Registered

Post by Buds321 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks for the information, how do i notify them once i have found another job? :)

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:
tallojani wrote:
How long did the results and certificate take? What are the pass mark bands and are there 2 certificates one for listening and one for speaking ?
It took about 3 weeks for the result/certificates to arrive, there was a certificate and a result sheet for each one, listening and speaking and there was no marks or bands just had passed written on them.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm

It took about 3 weeks for the result/certificates to arrive, there was a certificate and a result sheet for each one, listening and speaking and there was no marks or bands just had passed written on them.[/quote]

That's quick! My husband did test in may ! Online results came beginning of June only accessible to teacher and still awaiting certificate ! Don't know what's going on!