ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse (Husband) Visa – Suggestions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goldencreeper

Spouse (Husband) Visa – Suggestions

Post by goldencreeper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:54 am

Spouse (Husband) Visa – Questions

HI Guys

Hope you could help me with my queries.

I am an Indian and I have an ILR from 2012. I am getting married in end of Nov and would like to bring my husband with me after the wedding.

As the Visa process takes min 6 weeks times and I would like him to join me when I am back to UK (I am back week after our wedding), I wanted to know how could I apply for his dependent visa beforehand.

I was thinking of getting register marriage when I go to India in Sep 14 for my engagement. But when I looked into the registration site , they wanted a proof of wedding (Invitation etc) as one of the document required.

So could you suggest how could I get my wedding registered before the hindu traditional wedding has happened? When Registering the wedding do we have to exchange garlands and tie the mangasutra and all?

Please help.

Thanks

Kind Regards,

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse (Husband) Visa – Suggestions

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:04 pm

goldencreeper wrote:Spouse (Husband) Visa – Questions

HI Guys

Hope you could help me with my queries.

I am an Indian and I have an ILR from 2012. I am getting married in end of Nov and would like to bring my husband with me after the wedding.

As the Visa process takes min 6 weeks times and I would like him to join me when I am back to UK (I am back week after our wedding), I wanted to know how could I apply for his dependent visa beforehand.

I was thinking of getting register marriage when I go to India in Sep 14 for my engagement. But when I looked into the registration site , they wanted a proof of wedding (Invitation etc) as one of the document required.

So could you suggest how could I get my wedding registered before the hindu traditional wedding has happened? When Registering the wedding do we have to exchange garlands and tie the mangasutra and all?

Please help.

Thanks

Kind Regards,
I think you will have to wait until after the wedding, as one of the requirements is the legally accepted proof of marriage. You can, however, gather all other evidence.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm

You can never be 100% sure when you will get a response back regarding visas so although you may have a date in mind, be prepared for the possibility that you may have to return home and wait for him to join you. Also bear in mind that the processing times always seem to be a couple of months old at least so not very accurate for current applicants.

goldencreeper

Post by goldencreeper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:04 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. I just wanted to know whether a court marrige would be enough to apply for dependent visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Yes it is. Your original post was confusing and you appeared to ask if you could apply before the marriage had taken place. It would be wise however to take photos on the day to submit with the application, even though the main celebration may take place later.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

goldencreeper

Post by goldencreeper » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:18 pm

[quote="Casa"]Yes it is. Your original post was confusing and you appeared to ask if you could apply before the marriage had taken place. It would be wise however to take photos on the day to submit with the application, even though the main celebration may take place later.[/quote]

Thanks Casa, that's helpful. I was confused whether we have to wait till the traditional wedding is done.