ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joanie

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by joanie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:54 pm

[quote="khan_81"]Hi Siko,
I also varied my Tier 1 application to ILR application. I sent te following
1: completed Set (LR) application form
2: two passport size pics
3: covering letter explaining variation of leave
4: life in the UK pass certificate
5: photo copies of all passports, visas and degree certificate
6: if you have previous approval letter with English language points awards a copy of that too.

If you are missing any visa that won't be problem as they will have all your details, it just to facilitate the visa application process as your documents are with HO. Also don't pay the difference, pay the full set (LR) application fees and then after you receive and submit your biometric ask for a refund on your initial application.

Hi Khan 81
I am also planning to vary an application so I want to ask you few questions.
1. Did you vary your appkication yourself or hired a lawyer?
2.how long was your first application with HO before you varied it?
3. Did the HO acknowledged variation of your application and return your all documents?
your help will be much appreciated and best of luck. I hope your approval letter comes soon.
thanks Joanie

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:12 pm

joanie wrote:
Hi Khan 81
Yes I did it myself

I made my initial application for Tier 1 in Feb 2013 which was refused in April, I appealed against their decision and later home office withdraw their decision and sent the application back to the case worker for reconsideration.

3. Did the HO acknowledged variation of your application and return your all documents?
HO didn't send any documents back but they wrote to me that they have two application for me and asked me which one they want me to proceed with, to which I replied back Set (LR)

If you need more information just ask and I will be happy to help.

your help will be much appreciated and best of luck. I hope your approval letter comes soon.
thanks Joanie

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Guys,
@ Shahkakaram,
The unfortunate guy who received his form back applied after 21 days of transitional period, I think, that's why he got his form back. And if HO were to send our forms back they would have done that by now, and also he didn't get any biometric invitation. Hopefully, things should be all right, Insha Allah.

But one thing that's a bit worrying is the processing time, by looking at the google timeline, its now taking more than 17 weeks, whereas it was taking 12 to 16 weeks for people who applied at the start of the year.

Regards,
Asif
Shahkakaram wrote:
IShahzad wrote:One of my friend applied on 27 June 2014 using April version SET (LR) form but today after 2 months , home office sent his all documents back with the form saying that the form is not updated one.he is been given full refund.
There is an another form version 7 , 2014 but my friend had applied on 27 June 2014.
Don't know why home office did this.
He has to apply again now with fresh documents.
Ahhhh

Any advice for him from senior members please
Dear ishahzad ,
oops!
Very sorry to hear this , actually let me explain you why HO has asked him to apply with the correct version ...as you said your friend applied on 27th June 2014 and home office had uploaded the new version of the form on 2nd june 2014 which they called 06/2014 version form and on 1st July 2014 HO has again uploaded a new version of SET(LR) form so at the moment 07/2014 version is on their website and you can not find 06/ 2014 version at all on their website because its replaces with the latest version ,

Mustansir and other this would be the wake up call for june 2014 guys :shock:

let see , what happened ,

With regards ,

Shah

Ahmed786786
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed786786 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:46 pm

aurnoc wrote:Ahmed786786:

Quickest way for settlement is to avoid SET LR as it will reset your wife's settlement clock for further 5 years. Your son can apply once you or both you and your wife get settlement.

For Degrees completed in UK, you simply need to submit original degree n mention it in your covering letter. For showing points on the PBS calculator, you can take screenshots and print them. However its not required as you have studied in UK.

Eligibilty starts 4weeks prior to date of first entry to uk.

State the country you were born n say you have family ties, your family resides there and also your friends.

Regarding photocopies read previous posts and relevant form guidance notes.

SAR file need not be submitted. SET LR is a very straightforward form with few requirements only so don't complicate your application.

Best advice ofcourse Shahjee can give you. Maybe he should start charging fees for his valuable time and guidance :P
Thanks for your reply, still not clear as although I born in Pakistan but I am also living in the United Kingdom for about 1o years and my Mrs and Son here so confused whether they have asked about ties in the united kingdom or Pakistan as they are asking both
please help for the below

In the SET(LR) application please help me in the question D14 as follows:
D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•The country where you were born.
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country
and secondly after getting ILR as my income £20,000 so able to meet financial requirement for Mrs only but whether I also need to meet for my son born in the UK .
Kind regards,
Ahmed

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Ahmed786786 wrote:
Hi Ahmed786786,
You must have seen the reply from one of our valuable member Aurnoc, but I thought to reply again to the best of my ability just for your peace of mind.
The answers to your questions are
1. The best and quickest way for you to apply for ILR.....well I would take it that this was your first visa as Tier 2, and as it is expiring in 2015, than you would still need another extension to be eligible for ILR through Tier 2 route, but if you go through the 10 years long residency route than you are open to apply after 23 August 2014, and the timeline for that now a days is 16-20 weeks, obviously depends case to case but that is a rough estimate. Mind it once you get your ILR through that route your Mrs have to switch to FLR(M) and start her time again to qualify for her ILR, and the qualifying time for that is 5 years. You have to show income of £18600, as it's just your Mrs who will be applying for FLR(M), not your son, once your receive your ILR, you can apply for your son on form MN1 to be registered as a British citizen, as he is born in UK.
2. No you don't need any letter from UK Naric, just attach original degree with transcripts and that would do.
3. I would say you don't need to provide the copy of the point calculator to prove that your degree is alright to get you the English qualification, but if you think it's important than as Aurnoc suggested, take a screen shot and attach it with your covering letter, also mention it in the covering letter, and that should be enough.
4. Ordinarily, the university should provide you with the letter, if you are asking for one, but just in case if they are not, than as I said not to worry, attach the original degree and the original transcripts, and mention that in the covering letter.
5. You are open to apply from the 23rd of August 2014, but as it is a Saturday (although you can apply), but I would suggest to apply by Monday the 25th of August 2014.
6. That is a very simple reply, just write the country of your origin, and if you still have family back home, than just write that you have parents, brothers, sisters, cousins and other relatives, and if you have, than mention that you have share in properties back home e.t.c, keep it simple as possible.
7. Regards to photocopies of documents, there is no harm in making a set of photocopies of all the documents and send it with your application, anyways you are not sending a lot of things, it's all your previous passports, biometric card, UK degree and transcripts, life in UK test result, so I don't think it should be a major problem. Regards to you saying that on the form they have not asked for the copies, let me put you correct on this, go to the last page no 28, and there is a check list which says, and I quote

Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all other relevant documents specified in section C and are they originals? (We also require photocopies of the same).
So they already asking you for photocopies of passports and biometric card, so there is no harm in attaching the UK degree and life in UK test result photocopies, you know what I mean.
8. Don't need to worry about that, this is the competent Home Office staff for you :lol: , they must have mistakenly put some one else page in your SAR, so just ignore that. Regards to attaching a copy of the letter of SAR, I would suggest that there is no need for that. Try to keep your application as simple as you can, making sure to get the latest version of SET(LR), all new photos, so that you make sure don't leave any thing to the Home Office, as you know they can make a small little excuse and send applications back.
Last but not the least, feel free to ask if you have issues with any thing, there are a lot of helpful members about, frankly who are better than any solicitor. Stay focused and get your application and documents ready. My prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Ahmed786786
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed786786 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:15 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Ahmed786786 wrote:
Hi Ahmed786786,
You must have seen the reply from one of our valuable member Aurnoc, but I thought to reply again to the best of my ability just for your peace of mind.
The answers to your questions are
1. The best and quickest way for you to apply for ILR.....well I would take it that this was your first visa as Tier 2, and as it is expiring in 2015, than you would still need another extension to be eligible for ILR through Tier 2 route, but if you go through the 10 years long residency route than you are open to apply after 23 August 2014, and the timeline for that now a days is 16-20 weeks, obviously depends case to case but that is a rough estimate. Mind it once you get your ILR through that route your Mrs have to switch to FLR(M) and start her time again to qualify for her ILR, and the qualifying time for that is 5 years. You have to show income of £18600, as it's just your Mrs who will be applying for FLR(M), not your son, once your receive your ILR, you can apply for your son on form MN1 to be registered as a British citizen, as he is born in UK.
2. No you don't need any letter from UK Naric, just attach original degree with transcripts and that would do.
3. I would say you don't need to provide the copy of the point calculator to prove that your degree is alright to get you the English qualification, but if you think it's important than as Aurnoc suggested, take a screen shot and attach it with your covering letter, also mention it in the covering letter, and that should be enough.
4. Ordinarily, the university should provide you with the letter, if you are asking for one, but just in case if they are not, than as I said not to worry, attach the original degree and the original transcripts, and mention that in the covering letter.
5. You are open to apply from the 23rd of August 2014, but as it is a Saturday (although you can apply), but I would suggest to apply by Monday the 25th of August 2014.
6. That is a very simple reply, just write the country of your origin, and if you still have family back home, than just write that you have parents, brothers, sisters, cousins and other relatives, and if you have, than mention that you have share in properties back home e.t.c, keep it simple as possible.
7. Regards to photocopies of documents, there is no harm in making a set of photocopies of all the documents and send it with your application, anyways you are not sending a lot of things, it's all your previous passports, biometric card, UK degree and transcripts, life in UK test result, so I don't think it should be a major problem. Regards to you saying that on the form they have not asked for the copies, let me put you correct on this, go to the last page no 28, and there is a check list which says, and I quote

Have you provided your current passport(s) or travel document(s) and all other relevant documents specified in section C and are they originals? (We also require photocopies of the same).
So they already asking you for photocopies of passports and biometric card, so there is no harm in attaching the UK degree and life in UK test result photocopies, you know what I mean.
8. Don't need to worry about that, this is the competent Home Office staff for you :lol: , they must have mistakenly put some one else page in your SAR, so just ignore that. Regards to attaching a copy of the letter of SAR, I would suggest that there is no need for that. Try to keep your application as simple as you can, making sure to get the latest version of SET(LR), all new photos, so that you make sure don't leave any thing to the Home Office, as you know they can make a small little excuse and send applications back.
Last but not the least, feel free to ask if you have issues with any thing, there are a lot of helpful members about, frankly who are better than any solicitor. Stay focused and get your application and documents ready. My prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks for your detailed reply but I still not clear as although I born in Pakistan but I am also living in the United Kingdom for about 1o years and my Mrs and Son here so confused whether they have asked about ties in the united kingdom or Pakistan as they are asking both
please help for the below again

In the SET(LR) application please help me in the question D14 as follows:
D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•The country where you were born.
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country

My income is not enough to apply settlement( About > £35000 required) on Tier-2 Migrant route so applying in Set(LR) so when I get ILR then I will go to PEO before applying MN1 for my son as do not want to send our passports with MN1 before getting wife FLR(M).
Please advice if they count my child as my dependent then unable to meet financial requirement as income is £20000.Although will not apply for child in FLR(M) application.
Can I as a husband with son allowed to go with wife in the PEO although only apply for Mrs or only Mrs will go?

I completed ACCCA course which is a professional qualification but in the midway after completed fundamental level I am allowed to submit a Reasearch and Analysis Project to University and I did and passed and got the degree.Post study is based on that degree and also on Tier 2 application English requirement met by that degree.So no academic reference or transcript I have except the degree.I hope this will meet English Requirement last time.I have did IELTS in 2004 and Got overall 5.5 with 6 Listening and 4 Speaking but expired within 2 years so Should also attached that as a supporting Documents,

Kind regards,
Ahmed

joanie

Post by joanie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:39 pm

khan_81 wrote:
joanie wrote:
Hi Khan 81
Yes I did it myself

I made my initial application for Tier 1 in Feb 2013 which was refused in April, I appealed against their decision and later home office withdraw their decision and sent the application back to the case worker for reconsideration.

HO didn't send any documents back but they wrote to me that they have two application for me and asked me which one they want me to proceed with, to which I replied back Set (LR)

If you need more information just ask and I will be happy to help.

thanks Joanie
Hi Khan 81 thanks for your prompt reply. I was wondering if you could share the sample of covering letter you wrote for variation of application to set LR. After reading your post I am also inclined to do the variation myself than using the lawyer.

Meghanand
Newly Registered

Post by Meghanand » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Hello moderators and everyone,
My wife is soon going to apply for FLR M.
But we couldn't find our marriage certificate. We have been married for 10 years and living together. Is there going to be problem if we don't send our marriage certificate with the application?
Another question is that my wife has verified her qualification from overseas with UK Naric which says its equal to ordinary UK Bachelors degree. Will it be enough to satisfy English language?
Regards

Siko

Post by Siko » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

[quote="choice22"]@ Shahjee and all Members

Thank you very much for your replies I will send my LR application in this week

Thanks for u r help not to wasting my money on solicitor

I will apply myself take care

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Ahmed786786,
Regards to D14, let me tell you, like you I am from Pakistan, and just like you I have been in UK for the last 14 years, I have my family here for the last almost 10 years, but I just mentioned about my family back home in Pakistan, I never mentioned any connections to UK, or any thing about my wife and daughters here, and my ILR is long done. Frankly it is up to you, I thought that they are asking about any country other than UK, obviously you are applying long residency in UK, so they know that you been more than 5 years here. Don't confuse your self just write about your wife and kid here in UK that is absolutely fine.
You are right, you better get a PEO appointment for FLR(M) for your Mrs, and once that is done, you can send your son MN1. As the FLR(M) will be only for your wife hence your income of £20,000 is enough. On the day going to the PEO, yes you and your son can accompany your Mrs, that is not a problem at all, as you are the main sponsor so you can go in with her and help her with any queries.
Your IELTS from 2004 has long expired, hence please don't attach that. If your qualifications got you PSW and than marks for Tier2, and as you said that on the points calculator it's getting you the required marks than it's absolutely cool, just send the degree, that will be alright.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Siko wrote:
choice22 wrote:@ Shahjee and all Members

Thank you very much for your replies I will send my LR application in this week

Thanks for u r help not to wasting my money on solicitor

I will apply myself take care
That is great, go for it mate. All the best, our prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 am

hello guys,

Usually on the following link the long residence guidance used to be available to view but why it no longer appearing there:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ivate-life

Question:
1. Anyone knows any alternative web address where that might be diverted?
2. Are they going to edit/changing that guidance :shock: :shock: ?
3. Why it not appearing now :oops: :oops:

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:20 am

Hi
If anybody help me out in filling LR application form
My application for tier 4 is still pending and my 10 years complete

1 in section C5what is the best to tick or leave it
Option r lost stolen or expired to national authority
No one suit my condition my passport is in HO

2 c9 about bpr what is the best to tick

3 c10

4 d1
5 d4 appliction pending my leave expire in feb 2014
And the new visa not issue yet
6 d5
7d7
If some one give me answer just to confirm
Myself I fill the form correctly and doesn't return back to me
I shall be thankful to u

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:29 am

Any good news today ....

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Siko wrote:Hi

3 c10

4 d1
6 d5
7d7
I shall be thankful to u
Hi Siko,
Khan_81 will be the person to help you on this, as he already varied his application, and he would be the best person to respond to these queries.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 pm

helostar wrote:hi all
can any one explain if applying for SET (LR)
if any one pay by postal order and form says go to section A19 ,,but there is no such section,,,,
can any one breif it please
Hi helostar,
Just ignore that one, it is a mistake on the form :lol:
Kind regards
Shahjee

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Khan_81

Hi

3 c10

4 d1
6 d5
7d7
I shall be thankful to u

choice22
Newly Registered

Post by choice22 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Dear all Members and Shahjee

All Praise is to be Allah (SWT) who is great and merciful to all the humanity. I have received my ILR APPROVAL today dated 01 aug 2014. My timing as follows:

Applied: 24/03/2014
Biometric letter received and done: 07/04/2014
Approval: 01 Aug 2014
Documents received: 04 Aug 2014
Biometrice permit: Waiting

Good Luck with all the guys who are waiting for ILR, May Allah (SWT) reward all of you the ILR.
THANKS
Ali

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:03 pm

[quote="Siko"][quote="khan_81"]

Hi khan_81
Please help me out about this query

Siko wrote:
Hi

3 c10

4 d1
6 d5
7d7
I shall be thankful to u

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 pm

choice22 wrote:Dear all Members and Shahjee

All Praise is to be Allah (SWT) who is great and merciful to all the humanity. I have received my ILR APPROVAL today dated 01 aug 2014. My timing as follows:

Good Luck with all the guys who are waiting for ILR, May Allah (SWT) reward all of you the ILR.
THANKS
Ali
Hurrah hurrah, great news. Many many congratulations, well deserved, well earned. Really happy for you. Enjoy your freedom mate. Remember us in your prayers. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:31 pm

choice22 wrote:Dear all Members and Shahjee

THANKS
Ali
congratulations bro, can you tell what documents you attach. What were original and what were photocopy.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:43 pm

congratulations bro..choice...please remember us in ur prayers

sky1234
Newly Registered

Post by sky1234 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:02 pm

hi ,
i just called home office lady told me we already send your parcel in your solicitors address i don't know what's inside ,
any idea brp coming first or passport ,
that waits killing me now ,

time line
application date 9/05/14
biometrics done 10/06/14
home office send parcel today ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
approval don't know yet ?

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi Siko
Just sent a pm. Check and if you need more info ask me any time .
Regards
Khan_81

Siko wrote:Khan_81

Hi

3 c10

4 d1
6 d5
7d7
I shall be thankful to u

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Congratulations Choice22, looks like it is going to be another good week.