ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General sponsorship Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

indianInUk
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General sponsorship Query

Post by indianInUk » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I just came in UK on Tier 2 General visa(3 years validity), our sponsor has told us to get one contract withing three months or else he will cancel the sponsorship.

# What will happen if after three months he cancel the sponsorship ? Can I stay in UK ? How ? is their any time period ? After this can I get new sponsor...How difficult it is?

# I am getting calls for permanent job and less call for contract jobs. Is it OK to apply for permanent job.

Guys, Please help me to understand this.

Thanks,

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General sponsorship Query

Post by physicskate » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 pm

indianInUk wrote:Hi Guys,

I just came in UK on Tier 2 General visa(3 years validity), our sponsor has told us to get one contract withing three months or else he will cancel the sponsorship.

# What will happen if after three months he cancel the sponsorship ? Can I stay in UK ? How ? is their any time period ? After this can I get new sponsor...How difficult it is?

# I am getting calls for permanent job and less call for contract jobs. Is it OK to apply for permanent job.

Thanks,
I have to say, it does not sound like your sponsor is deciding the duties you will undertake, which is totally contrary to regulations surround Tier 2 general.

Apply for permanent posts and report your employer to UKVI - they are not fulfilling their duties as a sponsor.

indianInUk
Newly Registered

Post by indianInUk » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Thank you physicskate,

Please help me to understand the case without sponsorship ......

Thanks,

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 pm

indianInUk wrote:Thank you physicskate,

Please help me to understand the case without sponsorship ......

Thanks,
Get a new sponsor NOW - this one is abusive, coercive and will probably be found out by UKVI and their sponsorship will be revoked.

Did you have to pay them to sponsor you?

indianInUk
Newly Registered

Post by indianInUk » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Thank you, no we are not paying any thing, I will try and find a job.

Thanks,

ECOTROT

Post by ECOTROT » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 am

AFAIK if your sponsor stops sponsoring you, the UKVI will curtail your visa to 60 days.

As physicskate says, your story sounds strange. Sponsors should not behave in this way - they are supposed to be hiring you to fill a genuine vacancy. If there is no such vacancy, then you should look for a skilled job at another company which is willing to sponsor you.

Good luck!

sri_4me
Newly Registered

Post by sri_4me » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi. I hold an Indian passport, and I got UK Tier 2 general VISA for 3 years in the month of March 2014, but I have not used Tier 2 general VISA to travel and work in UK, I am still in India and I informed my Sponsor to withdraw my COS from home office; he informed UK home office to withdraw my COS, now I found a potential sponsor who is ready to sponsor Tier 2 General, does a cooling off period apply for my new Tier2 general VISA?
Thanks

sri_4me
Newly Registered

Post by sri_4me » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Urgent help required plzzzzzzzz.

Hi. I hold an Indian passport, and I got UK Tier 2 general VISA for 3 years in the month of March 2014, but I have not used Tier 2 general VISA to travel and work in UK, I am still in India and I informed my Sponsor to withdraw my COS from home office; he informed UK home office to withdraw my COS, now I found a potential sponsor who is ready to sponsor, does a cooling off period apply for my new Tier2 general VISA?

Thanks

sri_4me
Newly Registered

Post by sri_4me » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Urgent help required plzzzzzzzz.

Hi. I hold an Indian passport, and I got UK Tier 2 general VISA for 3 years in the month of March 2014, but I have not used Tier 2 general VISA to travel and work in UK, I am still in India and I informed my Sponsor to withdraw my COS from home office; he informed UK home office to withdraw my COS, now I found a potential sponsor who is ready to sponsor, does a cooling off period apply for my new Tier2 general VISA?

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:55 pm

sri_4me wrote:Urgent help required plzzzzzzzz.

Thanks
As long as you have proof that you haven't entered the UK, you should probably be fine.

Repeat posting and hijacking someone else's thread is not the best way to get people (who volunteer answers, we aren't PAID) to respond to you...

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

indianInUk wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks,
I am guessing you have been doing contractor roles more than likely in the IT sector for the past three years. Your sponsor found the contracts and off you went to work for another company doing what they asked of you?

If this was the case then your current sponsor was breaking the rules. The very fact they have told you to find a contact to remain employed indicates they are an employment agency not an employer.
Once they inform UKVI that you are no longer employed you wil have to find another sponsor within the 60 days allowed once you receive the visa curtailment letter.
If they do sack you I would be inclined to inform UKVI that you were asked to find your own work and they will investigate the sponsor.