ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval in 5 days

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suresh-hsmp

Approval in 5 days

Post by suresh-hsmp » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:59 pm

Hi Guys,
I am extremely happy to tell you that my HSMP is approved today. I thank every one in the forum, you people gave me valuable suggestions directly and indirectly. I am happy to assist the future applicants and will be intouch with this excellent forum. Below are my time lines.

Application type: In country

Application sent : by same day courier on 01/08/2007

Application recieved by H.O : 01/08/2007

fee debited : 02/08/2007

Ref num recieved by email:03/08/2007

Urgent Treatment form filed by fax: 03/08/2007

Decision made: 07/08/2007

Actually. after I sent my urgent treatment form, i lost 2 days for weekend but they made decision just in 2 working days, which is pretty much impressive. I got decision over telephone and also today i received email to arrnge my own courier arrangements.

I have seen lot of skepticim in this borad about H.O service standards, in my case evrything went very well.

By the way, my application is not straight forward and have lot of complications interms of previous earning section and birth certificate.

I suggest you, please dont get disoppiont by looking at someone else case. if you can explain your situations through your cover letter there is a fair amount of chance for success.

Although, i had job offer at my hand, i have not sent any proof along with urgent treatment form.

Best of luck guys

Suresh[/b]

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:03 pm

CONGARTULATION
Pantaiema

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:06 am

Hi Suresh.. Congrats for the approval..
Thats really fast.. :)
Suresh.. can u plz share the details of the documents and proofs that u submitted for the benefit of other applicants..

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:17 am

Hi hsmp_aug,
Today iam busy with sorting my documents for FLR and will be back tomorrow with all details.

Thanks

Suresh

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 am

Hi Guys!
Can you please let me know can we send urgent treatment form for Initial approval?
Regards,
Richie

sham111

Post by sham111 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 am

Why not but need to have a strong reason behind it.

Offer of employment would be a good reason.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Hi hsmp_aug,
I provided the folowing documents(75 points):

1. Education -- 35 points-- Original Masters degree and trancripts(optional) ,along with NARIC letter(optional)

2. Earnings --25 points -- payslips on letterhead, P60 covering only 8 months and a letter from employer stating my annual salary.

3. Age-- 10 --original birth certificate

4. UK experience -- 5 -- no extra evidence provided.

Things I noticed:

there is a dicrepency between my p60 and wageslips, beacuse of tax free allowance that I recieved. I explained the same on my cover letter with printout from Tax office website(HMRC) and have not provided any other proof like bank statements.

My employer letter simply says that I recieved xxxx gross from yyyy to zzzz period and it does not have any details about monthly breakdown/ net salary/ bonus amounts that i recieved during that period.

I skipped the bank statements, because i need to wait until 10 th august to recieve my July statement and it does not effect my application result. After reading so many posts in this forum, i almost determined the bank statements are mandatory, but it seems that it is not.

My company issues, online payslips and they dont have the stamp thats why i sent payslips on company letter head. My HR printed 2 payslips on single letter head although I asked her 12 individual ones--again case worker did not bothered about this.

perhaps, the most tricky part of my application is my birth certificate. Since my parents did not registered my birth 28 years ago i had little hope about the recently registered birth certificate. My birth was registered on 12 June 2007 and birth certificate clearly showing the date of registration as the same. Again case worker did not objected.

From my experience, the post by miss ~J~ regarding birth certificate is what case worker is looking. Briefly, it must carry the title of BIRTH CERTIFICATE and it must be extracted from original birth records also signed by registrar. My birth certificate bears the stamp of birth&death registrar ( i strongly believe that it must be there on your birth certifictae for case worker consideration).

If you guys, have a valid full Driver licence, please go through that route and avoid rely on birth certificate. If you have no other option than birth certificate, please look for miss~J~ post on July applicants.

In summary, dont get panic looking at dreadful posts in this forum, prepare your appliaction with confidence and required documents mentioned in guidance. Many expereinced people mantra in this forum is read read read guidance note properly, i too suggest the same.

I will try my level best to continue in this forum, guys feel free to PM if you need any.

Thanks

Suresh

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Hey Suresh,
That was a really helpful post for all future applicants.. Congrats to u again..

In my case though Im a bit stuck.. as TOEFL without speaking test is not recognized as told to us by "cdraina".. who had first hand experience..
So trying to get my univ letter for English...

All the best to u for further processing...

Thanks..

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi hsmp_aug
Dont take any chance, i forget to say i did IELTS general test and got 8.5. To be honest, i am not expert user of english but the test is cakewalk if i compare with TOEFL which i took few years ago.

Try get a letter from univ otherwise sit for IELTS if possible.

All the best

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 am

Hi Suresh.
Can you provide details of your courier arrangements. I guess this is the best option to send from within UK.

Do share your information in this regard
I am planning to apply this weekend (Might be deffered to the next).

The following are the documents that I am providing

1. Educational Background - 35 points claimed

Documents provided:
1. Original Masters Degree Certificate
2. Original Masters Degree Transcript
3. Original Bachelors Degree Certificate
4. Original NARIC’s letter of comparison, comparing my Masters and Bachelors degree to British Masters and British Bachelors degree respectively.
5. The name in my Masters and Bachelors degree certificate is ‘G Prabu’. However this is different to my name in passport which reads ‘Prabu Girirajan’. I am also providing a Sworn Affidavit to say that both the names represent the same person and that is me.

2. Past Earnings -25 points claimed

My claim period starts from August-2006 to July-2007. Hence my latest Income Tax Returns cover only nine months (i.e. August-2006 and March-2004) of my claim period.

Documents provided:
1. 12 month’s salary slips sealed and signed by the employer. The salary slips also have the company seal embossed in it. (Salary slips submitted for the period August 2006 – July 2007)
2. Bank statement for the claim period showing my net salary credited into Nat west Bank
3. Letter from employer stating my Gross and Net salary earnings for the period August 2006 – July 2007
4. Latest P60 (Income Tax Returns) which covers nine months of my claim period i.e. from August 2006 – March - 2007

3. Age Assessment - 10 points claimed

Documents provided:
1. Original Birth Certificate
2. Original UK Driving License.

4. Previous UK Experience - 5 points claimed.

Since I am in the United Kingdom for over a year now, and that I am claiming 25 points for my past earnings in the United Kingdom, I am also claiming 5 points under this section. As per the HSMP guidance document, I am not providing any additional proof to claim points in this section.
Continued…

5. English Language Requirement:

Documents provided:
1. IELTS Test report form with an aggregate band of 7.5

Do let me know if I am missing anyting

Cheers
PG

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

Hi My Hsmp,
Your docs seems to be pretty good and you have fair chance of getting approval. Even my payslips have name problems, but my HR explained the same on a letter. As long as you can backup i dont see any problem with that.

About courier, i have not done it in person, its our assistant did it through company courier service. I dont know how it actually works, but what my assistant told me that, she booked it through some online mechanism and they picked up docs from company. And also she said they had a account with the courier company to do so. Again she only arranged the service to get back my docs. The name of the company is City Link. Perhaps you should give them a call and they must have the same service for individuals also.
i think you can also use royalmail next delivery service, if you have had any problems with courier, but it looks like postal strikes all over this week

All the best

Thanks

Suresh

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the reply.. Today, I went to my university with the request application.. They will most probably deliver the English proof at my home in 10 days.

I have one question..

Now that I know that TOEFL is not meeting the requirements, do I need to send it along with my university letter? Will it help? or can i skip it altogether?

For Previous Earning section, I am claiming 45 points.. submitting following docs:
1. 12 months payslips attested by my co.

2. ITR-1 acknowledgement with govt. of India stamp.

3. A printout of Govt. of India Income tax deptt. site stating that SARAL is no longer used and that ITR are now used for Income tax returns in India.
(I saw that 1 person was rejected as Home office still consider only SARAL)

4. Form-16 that company provides for last year TDS.

5. Bank statements of last 12 months.. with my net salary and company name as well.

Please let me know if I need anything else..

Thanks..

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:41 pm

hi hsmp_aug

If you can get a letter from univ, then there is no need of TOEFL -- As you already that does not serve why confusing case worker with unnecessary information.

Please write a cover letter for previous earning part and mention that you are requesting exceptional evidence for tax return. Also workout a table detailing your gross, net salaries each month on monthly basis.

please check your all bank statements for employer name, if you did not get a letter from bank.

otherwise, your docs are fine and will definetly get an approval in soon.

/Suresh

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:45 pm

hi hsmp_aug

regarding IT returns, please provide a link on your cover letter for previous earnings part and also attach the printout to that. PLease excuse me, it seems that there are several typos in my previous post

/Suresh

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Hey Suresh.. Thanks for the reply..
I have put together my Cover letter.. Here is the part where i discuss abt Previous earnings proofs:

Excerpts from cover letter:
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2. Previous Earnings – Salaried Employment: (For 45 Points Claim)

I have claimed 45 points for the gross income (INR XXXXXX.XX or about GBP XXXX+) earned by me from June 2006 to May 2007. As per annexure C of HSMP guidelines I am providing the following evidences:

a. Income Tax Return (ITR) for financial year 1-April-2006 to 31-March-2007.

Please note that as per INCOME-TAX (FOURTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2007 NOTIFICATION NO.169/2007, DATED 14-5-2007 issued by Government of India (Income Tax Department), SARAL form is not used anymore for filing Income tax returns in India. Instead, for salaried employees, ITR-1 form is used and the same acknowledgement is enclosed with this application.

b. Wage Slips from June-2006 to May-2007.

c. “Form 16" which is a document generated by the employer for the purposes of an official return to the tax authority. This can also be considered as the 'Personal Tax Return' if the attached Acknowledgement form from the income tax authority is considered to be inadequate. The "Form 16" shows all the details of my gross earnings through salary and calculation of "Gross total income" which is specified in the tax return form (Income chargeable under the Head ‘Salaries’).

d. Bank statement stating the salary claimed for period from June-2006 to May 2007, as an additional proof of income, since ITR-1 tax return does not cover the full 12 months period that I am referring to. Please note that this salary would be the "Net Salary" only after deducting the income tax, profession tax and my contributions towards other benefits. This can also be verified in the Payslip attatched with this application.

e. Printout of the page from IncomeTax Department of India website stating the new rules where SARAL is replaced by ITR forms. The reference link is mentioned below:

http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/Taxman ... 69(St).htm
+++++++++++++++++++++++

I think this should suffice.. what say?

hsmp_aug

Post by hsmp_aug » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:26 am

Suresh.. can u please give me some idea about the grid u were talking abt in the last post.. Is it some excel sheet kind of thing?
Or in the cover letter itself i can draw a small table with month,gross,net salary columns?

marifhossain
Newly Registered

Post by marifhossain » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:22 am

Hi Suresh,

Have you faxed any offer letter with the urgent treatment form?

sreesri
Newly Registered

Payslip Query

Post by sreesri » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:15 am

Hi suresh-hsmp

I am planning to apply for HSMP. But I have a problem in my past earnings proof. I am receiving an online payslip and my employer is not attesting the same. But I have received the company seal but since my employer is huge in terms of number of employees, getting an authorised signatory is difficult.

But I have my tax returns statement and an attested letter (sealed and signed ) from my employer showing my current MONTHLY salary structure.

Please suggest whether the signature is mandatory or mere seal is enough to proceed with the case.

Regards,
SreeSri.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:07 am

Hi,

marifhossain----- No i did not send any proofs--just faxed the UT form.

hsmp_aug --- please give me ur email i.d, i will send my cover letter to you or just send me a PM.

/sURESH

marifhossain
Newly Registered

Post by marifhossain » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:33 am

Hi Shuresh,

My email is marifhossain(at)yahoo(dot)com. Please send me the coverletter.

Constant

Re: Approval in 5 days

Post by Constant » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Congrats suresh-hsmp, can you please share a few tips. Did you have to supply an address / fax / tel / e-mail to verify your original birth certificate? Is its necessary? For employer verification, did you supply fax / e-mail as well or address / tel are sufficient? Thanks

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:58 am

Constant,
My birth certificate does not have any contact info, bears stamp and seal of registrar of births.

Reg, employer details ---yes i provided email,tel and fax info on cover letter. My payslips are printed on letter head and does not have niether signature nor stamp of employer.

Constant

Post by Constant » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:22 am

Thanks suresh-hsmp. That info was most helpful.

applyhsmp

Post by applyhsmp » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Suresh,

I am trying to get in touch with you but it seems I am unable to send messages. Can you please send me your emaail id at bunnyrabs@hotmail.com