ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Get married while passport in Home Office

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam301321
Newly Registered

Get married while passport in Home Office

Post by sam301321 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:23 pm

My friend have applied for entrepreneur visa one year before. He did not get any response from Home Office yet. But He wants to get married here now. Is it possible to get married officially without passport? Please let me know. Thanks.

vinny

Re: Get married while passport in Home Office

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:16 am

Ask his local Register Office.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 am

He may ask HO to send a certified copy of his passport to the register office where he plans to get married. They will probably do it via e-mail. HO will be not in rush to do it so he needs to insist on it and it might take some time. Also it would be advisable to speak to register office first and discuss it with them as vinny mentioned.

Ripon
Newly Registered

Post by Ripon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:05 pm

yes it is possible. I got married while my application was in appeal process. Just explain his situation to the register office with all his documents e.g acknowledgement letter, photocopy of passport, other photo id like driving or provisional license, prof of address etc.
hope this will help.

sam301321
Newly Registered

Post by sam301321 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your kind information. I will let my friend know. It's really helpful. Thanks again.