ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Sponsor - Bank account doesn't show their name

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ColinMc
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Sponsor - Bank account doesn't show their name

Post by ColinMc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:01 pm

So my sponsor, my father, has bank accounts with sufficient funds within them, but he doesn't have his name on the accounts since they are in the name of the business he runs. Does anyone know of a way around the rule that the account has to be in the name of the guardian providing the sponsorship? Is there a way to get his name onto the bank statement in addition to his business name so that the form of evidence could be accepted? This is literally the only obstacle i'm facing with my visa at the moment.

ColinMc
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Sponsor - Bank account doesn't show their name

Post by ColinMc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Anyone have any advice on this circumstance at all?

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:16 am

I am not sure, but here is what I would do if I was you. Check, if your father is a sole trader. In this case may be a letter from HMRC showing his business name corresponding to his actual name will be sufficient. If it is a limited company, in this case company's money and your father's money are completely different assets and it is not much you can do, except may be director's loan taken by your father from his company. But discuss it with accountant first.

ColinMc
Newly Registered

Post by ColinMc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:01 am

I should have mentioned the following details

I am American, applying from the USA
My father owns his own business, he is the sole proprietor of the account in question

Simply put, the account in question is in his name, but the bank statements don't show his name on it, only his business name. I was told that he could add his name to the statements pretty easily. Would that, and a note from him saying i can draw on those funds suffice as proof of maintenance (given that there is enough funds in the account in question, and has been for more than 28 days)?