ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I Applied for BC but got caught for speeding!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newperson

Re: Citizenship application got rejected

Post by newperson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 am

koch92 wrote:Anyways, now that I got the 10 year ban - is it possible to get rid of that? Plus if not, how can I get an IRL passport - as part of my uni degree I have to travel a lot, but with my current passport that will be really hard for me!
There is no such thing as an "ILR passport". Your passport remains whatever one you currently have (e.g., Indian, Pakistani, whatever).

If you need visas for travel based on your current passport, you will generally continue to do so. There are *some* exceptions that you need to investigate on a country-by-country basis. But for many (read most) countries, your current visa obligations stay in place.

See this old thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 80103.html

Lastly, only British citizens are entitled to a British citizen passport with its broad visa-free provisions.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:01 pm

newperson wrote:
koch92 wrote:Anyways, now that I got the 10 year ban - is it possible to get rid of that? Plus if not, how can I get an IRL passport - as part of my uni degree I have to travel a lot, but with my current passport that will be really hard for me!
Lastly, only British citizens are entitled to a British citizen passport with its broad visa-free provisions.
Not strictly true, but definitely the case for the OP.
koch92 wrote:I'm assuming it was just a caution, as I remember both parties got courted, and they warned us not to fight again otherwise we will be fined an amount of money. The saddest thing about this is I was the one who got attacked and now I'm paying for it, and this man got my little brother and father in trouble as well. Anyways, my dad has spoken to a solicitor today and apparently we have made a big mistake by not stating that on the application, also the CRB check I done was for Scotland only -_- ...
You need to find out the exact details and try to get the ban lifted. You've got your CRB. Get a new comprehensive CRB with the most recent information. You should do everything you can to prove that you had no chance of being aware there was actually any conviction of any kind. See if you can get the court transcripts if any exist. They will rescind bans if the proper evidence is given. I know this from somewhat close experience and seen it happen with my own eyes. You just have to dig in and go for it and make a good case.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:21 pm

A caution is not a sentence at court, find out what the sentence was.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

koch92

Post by koch92 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Amber wrote:A caution is not a sentence at court, find out what the sentence was.

Hello Amber, it's been a long time. But not having citizenship is really causing me problems such as traveling limitations and etc. So I started looking into it again.

I just contacted the court and this was the sentence as they said: "Bind over to peace" which lasts for only 12 months from the date issued, this was issued October 2011.

Now since then I have finished university with first class, I have been working for Boots for more than a year and will start working for one of the biggest construction companies in the UK by next month as well. And yet the other party who I had issues with is still fighting with everyone and getting police involved.

With the reasons I have mentioned before and given my current situation, aka not been in trouble and my progress, plus getting reference from my school, uni, work and etc to support me, don't you think I will make a good case and showing evidence such as the CBR check I have done back then? (Ps I'm not being selfish)

Regards

koch92

Re: I Applied for BC but got caught for speeding!!

Post by koch92 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Just an update on this thread, this issue didn't come up on my record during UKBA check, however, an old one which I never thought is an issue (12 months Bind over peace which happened 2-3 years before application) came up on my record, which resulted in rejection of my application and 10 year ban.

I didn't declare this on my application due to having a clear CRB check (wrong CRB check, only for Scotland :( ).

So my advise is, when you apply for citizenship, apply though the UKBA approved centres and declare whatever issues you have so that you don't get messed up like I have.

Even if I declared my traffic issue I could have avoided the 10 year ban and could have applied again after 3 years.

Best of luck

aragon

Post by aragon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi mate,

Sorry i didn't get your post. Why did they reject your application again. What was the conviction?

koch92

Post by koch92 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:09 am

aragon wrote:Hi mate,

Sorry i didn't get your post. Why did they reject your application again. What was the conviction?

Have a look at the last post in this thread, I explained it there.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1237963

citizenship application got rejected

Thanks

aragon

Post by aragon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:05 pm

I read it now. Sorry to hear about your application. Just one question mate. When did they say your 10 year ban starts from. I mean from the date of the coviction or now.

koch92

Post by koch92 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:09 pm

aragon wrote:I read it now. Sorry to hear about your application. Just one question mate. When did they say your 10 year ban starts from. I mean from the date of the coviction or now.

I have no idea. I don't think it is stated inthe letter. It should start from the date of the letter shouldn't be?