ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW English requiremnt for Naturlization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tina646
Newly Registered

NEW English requiremnt for Naturlization

Post by Tina646 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi Dear

I have done master in English in india. I am about to apply for British citizen as naturalization. I was wondering what are there English requirements.

I have already done life in uk test
I have already got comparability for my master degree from naric.
As naric don't offer English assessment for Master degree. as substitution for this is this ok of i have letter from my indian university to confirm that course was taught in English.

I was also wondering how to check my master degree points on PBS point calculator system. and how do i fulfill this requirement. i need to get print out to confirm this.

please advise me in this situation.

Thanks
Tina

Just Wondering

Re: NEW English requiremnt for Naturlization

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 pm

A letter from your university isn't enough.

The points based calculator http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator. You can dummy most questions, but on the English Skills Requirement, put in your degree information, and it will say if you're awarded 10 points. You would need to print off the screen the shows the 10 points awarded for English Skills against your degree details along with the original degree certificate. If there are 0 points awarded for English Skills, then your degree won't meet the requirement.

Alternatively, you can take an English language test that meets the requirements as set out on the UKBA website.

Tina646
Newly Registered

Post by Tina646 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi Dear

This gives me 0 Points on PBS

But Master degree was taught in English, Degree name itself Master of Arts (English). I Got UK NARIC comparibilty, Letter from University confirming degree was taught in English. I got Life in Uk test

Naric does not offer english assesment for master degree.

Does this meet the requirement for british naturlization.

please advise..

dadageer
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dadageer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Tina646 wrote:Hi Dear

This gives me 0 Points on PBS

But Master degree was taught in English, Degree name itself Master of Arts (English). I Got UK NARIC comparibilty, Letter from University confirming degree was taught in English. I got Life in Uk test

Naric does not offer english assesment for master degree.

Does this meet the requirement for british naturlization.

please advise..
Hi, if that calculator does not award you any points then I am afraid you will need NARIC certificate for English Assessment.
But as you mentioned they don't do it for Masters. Please be advised NARIC degree comparability is NOT going to satisfy English requirement. Also, LIUK use to satisfy English requirement before OCt 2013 not anymore. If I were you I will not take any risk and will sit in any ESOL or IELTS exam to get a B1.
Not all those who wander are lost...

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 pm

My application was approved with a uk naric comparability and letter from overseas university stating medium of instruction is English.

You however need to understand that it was for a bachelors degree and submitted for my hsmp, tier 1 renewal and ILR which was my basis of claim to exemption for naturalisation.

Are u in a similar circumstance. Do the approval letters for renewal and ILR show that you meet the English requirement? as mine does.

khan06
Newly Registered

Post by khan06 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 pm

@HSMPLOCHA

At last i found someone successful with same documents i am going to send to meet English requirement.

I am going to send for my wife UK NARIC statement of comparability+ Uni letter on English+ original certificate+transcript but could not found correct option in the AN form, would you please share your experience which option did you tick when you made your application for naturalisation?? in the form.

I will really appreciate your response on this

Khan
Attachments
AN form snap shot 1.JPG
AN form snap shot 1.JPG (104.41 KiB) Viewed 576 times