ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone please help me with ielts results

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Can anyone please help me with ielts results

Post by mobileunlockers » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi

My wife got her ielts results today but i don't know how to calculate the band. can anyone help me with this please? she is got low in listening. do you think it will be accepted by Home office.has she failed it? Here are all the results.
Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can anyone please help me with ielts results

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:07 pm

mobileunlockers wrote:Hi

My wife got her ielts results today but i don't know how to calculate the band. can anyone help me with this please? she is got low in listening. do you think it will be accepted by Home office.has she failed it? Here are all the results.
Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks
Hi As per the requirement from https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/ ... of-english

You can prove your knowledge of English by either:

passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening

And A1 Mapping to IELTS is given at "http://www.clarityenglish.com/support/u ... rt_PPT.pdf"

http://www.ielts.org/researchers/common ... ework.aspx

It seems she has passed :)

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks
Is this ielts for her settlement? if yes than she needs 4 band in every discipline. B1
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Zee ali wrote:

Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks
Is this ielts for her settlement? if yes than she needs 4 band in every discipline. B1
Hi Zee Ali,

As per the web site @ https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/kn ... of-english requirement is A1 and not B1, or am I reading something wrong?

passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Why did you do the IETLS test should have done the ESOL test much easier and also cheaper to do

In my opinion the IETLS test just causes confusion everytime
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks
You must achieve a score of at least 4.0 in both Speaking and Listening for IELTS. Those results are a failure as the Listening score is below 4. Even though a score of English Level A1 is required for spouse visa, You must achieve a score of 4 for IELTS at Level B1 because IELTS does not aim to measure below B1.

Do not submit the visa with those scores as it will result in a rejection. Either re-do the test achieving a minimum of 4.0 in both Speaking and Listening (the reading and writing scores are not taken into consideration so these can be ignored) or do another test such as ESOL.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:39 pm

networkers wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Listening 3.5
Reading 3.0
Writing 5.0
Speaking 4.5

Thanks
Hi Zee Ali,

As per the web site @ https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/kn ... of-english requirement is A1 and not B1, or am I reading something wrong?

Yes u r reading my answer wrong.

I said if its settlement application than B1.