ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 English

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boyb82

B1 English

Post by boyb82 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 pm

My wife did b1 english certificate from learning resource network(LRN) by Ofqual and she also submitted for Flr(m) application but her visa rejected because home office first objection was lrn is not approved centre and secondly they don't require B1 , as they asked for A1 . I submmited her application before 6th april 2014 and she is here pre 9th july 2012. So is there any chance she can apply for review. We also applied to uk naric on her previous education of M.Sc (Hons) in Agriculture but UkNARIC rejected her application that they cannot issue her B1 they are only authorise for C1 and not even B2 or C2. Furthermore homeoffice accepts B1 from LRN for ILR application but not accepting for FLR(M) cases.
Can anyone please help me in this regard ?????

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: B1 English

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 am

A UKNARIC statement of comparability, a letter from the degree awarding institution confirming the degree was taught in English, should suffice. Alternatively, see if the degree is awarded 20 or more points for qualification and 10 for English Skills on the PBS calculator.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:01 pm

In addition to Amber's post, English B1 cannot be a reason for refusal for FLR(M), it exceeds Level A1 and more than satisfies the requirement. Are you sure this is a reason stated in the refusal letter or has you misunderstood it?

I've got goggled LRN and they claim to be a approved qualification for the Home Office. However, I can't find them on the approved list of acceptable qualifications:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

so refusal could be due to LRN not being on the approved list.

(I realise they are on the OFQUAL register but they are not showing on the Home Office list?)
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 am

WR1 wrote:In addition to Amber's post, English B1 cannot be a reason for refusal for FLR(M), it exceeds Level A1 and more than satisfies the requirement. Are you sure this is a reason stated in the refusal letter or has you misunderstood it?

I've got goggled LRN and they claim to be a approved qualification for the Home Office. However, I can't find them on the approved list of acceptable qualifications:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

so refusal could be due to LRN not being on the approved list.

(I realise they are on the OFQUAL register but they are not showing on the Home Office list?)
Yes they are on ofqual list but not on approved list and also if they accept same certificate for ILR then why not for FLR(M) ??? Also even trinity college is on oqual list and so others ?? Can i challenge home office decision ? Can i ask home office to review my case as i can't wait 5 more years to get my mrs ILR. Please provide expert opinion . Thanks

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 am

Amber wrote:A UKNARIC statement of comparability, a letter from the degree awarding institution confirming the degree was taught in English, should suffice. Alternatively, see if the degree is awarded 20 or more points for qualification and 10 for English Skills on the PBS calculator.

Degree is equal to uk master degree according to uknaric and i got letter from uni saying it studied in english but calculator not accepting it for 10 points it accepted for 35 points under T1 General extension rule on UKBA Calculator. Please advice ? Also can i send A1 certificate and ask home office to reconsider my case under previous application reference as i received all documents back from home office last week.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:14 am

boyb82 wrote:Yes they are on ofqual list but not on approved list and also if they accept same certificate for ILR then why not for FLR(M) ??? Also even trinity college is on oqual list and so others ?? Can i challenge home office decision ? Can i ask home office to review my case as i can't wait 5 more years to get my mrs ILR. Please provide expert opinion . Thanks
I guess that's where the problem is. It's not on the Home Office approved list, so they won't accept it for either ILR or FLR(M) or any other application.

If its was on their list, they would have accept it. Level B1 is higher than Level A1, so there would be no issues in that case. If you had say for example Cambridge ESOL Entry Level 3 (equivalent to English Level B1), they would accept this for FLR(M).

I think all their acceptable qualifications will also be on the OFQUAL Register but not all qualifications on the OFQUAL Register is acceptable.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:05 pm

WR1 wrote:
boyb82 wrote:Yes they are on ofqual list but not on approved list and also if they accept same certificate for ILR then why not for FLR(M) ??? Also even trinity college is on oqual list and so others ?? Can i challenge home office decision ? Can i ask home office to review my case as i can't wait 5 more years to get my mrs ILR. Please provide expert opinion . Thanks
I guess that's where the problem is. It's not on the Home Office approved list, so they won't accept it for either ILR or FLR(M) or any other application.

If its was on their list, they would have accept it. Level B1 is higher than Level A1, so there would be no issues in that case. If you had say for example Cambridge ESOL Entry Level 3 (equivalent to English Level B1), they would accept this for FLR(M).

I think all their acceptable qualifications will also be on the OFQUAL Register but not all qualifications on the OFQUAL Register is acceptable.
Below scenario is still acceptable by Home Office

B1 from Trinity College is acceptable for FLR(M) as well as for ILR
but
B1 from Learning Resource Network (LRN) is not acceptable for FLR(M) but acceptable for ILR.

Both registered in ofqual register

Qasim2020
Newly Registered

Post by Qasim2020 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:29 pm

[quote="boyb82"]

Hi, did they give you right of appeal? And what did they say about about it, should u submit another certificate?

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Qasim2020 wrote:
boyb82 wrote:
Hi, did they give you right of appeal?

No my wife visa expiring in April 2016 so no right of appeal given..... all documents returned for re-apply

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 pm

boyb82 wrote:Below scenario is still acceptable by Home Office

but
B1 from Learning Resource Network (LRN) is not acceptable for FLR(M) but acceptable for ILR.

Sometimes I can never grasp the concept of how the Home Office operates. B1 is higher than A1, so there should no reason why they should not accept it for FLR(M) but for ILR it's fine. It's similar to the discussion on this forum about why some certificates have a 2 year expiry date and some don't, or whether they have seen an expired certificate before in order to accept it again for ILR/BC.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:48 pm

WR1 wrote:
boyb82 wrote:Below scenario is still acceptable by Home Office

but

Sometimes I can never grasp the concept of how the Home Office operates. B1 is higher than A1, so there should no reason why they should not accept it for FLR(M) but for ILR it's fine. It's similar to the discussion on this forum about why some certificates have a 2 year expiry date and some don't, or whether they have seen an expired certificate before in order to accept it again for ILR/BC.

This is what i wanted to know from HO, if they do not accept LRN or Edexcel for FLR(M) so why they accept for ILR . After all ILR is higher then FLR(M) visa.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:39 pm

It's a totalitarian organization! The best is to supply what they want and avoid them wasting your time

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:58 am

Rayking wrote:It's a totalitarian organization! The best is to supply what they want and avoid them wasting your time

They rejected my application, so now i just need answers from HO. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Sorry to hear that.

What are you deciding to do. Apply fresh or appeal?

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:24 pm

I dont have right of appeal i don't know what to do???

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Looks like seniors don't want to comment on my case, or don't want to give any advice. :?: :?: :?: :?:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:49 pm

What do you want to know?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks for your quick reply

but

My case has now been rejected with no right of appeal , i applied before 5th April and fall pre 9 July 2012.

Current leave expiring April 2016. Can i ask home office to reconsider and or can i appeal anywhere against decision. ? HO should be asking for A1 by writing me letter rather then just refusing, I paid too much money and they rejected my case.

Please adivce :P :P :P :P

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:53 pm

One may request a reconsideration, it appears Wednesbury unreasonable not to accept B1 for an A1 requirement. Ensure the test is listed on https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Amber wrote:One may request a reconsideration, it appears Wednesbury unreasonable not to accept B1 for an A1 requirement. Ensure the test is listed on https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_14.pdf
Thanks Amber,

I am not satisfied with Secretary of State list, but can't do anything.

Why Secretary of State shortlisted few English Centre for FLR(M) but acceptable all others for ILR ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 pm

That's an issue you'll have to take up with them. Is the degree on the PBS calculator ?

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:08 am

Amber wrote:That's an issue you'll have to take up with them. Is the degree on the PBS calculator ?

Degree is on PBS calculator but not for Tier-2 if i go Tier-1 extension then they award me points.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:11 am

T1 is fine.