ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by newstart2014 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:05 pm

my observation is the truth. isn't it logical for her spouse to do the spadework when he is in Pakistan instead of her getting advice from laypeople like us. he shud be getting information form the officials and ppl on the ground. sometimes truth sounds rude but it doesn't make the truth any less real. u say they are two different things...pls give proof and enlighten the rest of ignorant like me. for the application only marriage certificate is enough and marriage certificate is on nadra's letterhead and is computerized and signed by the union council's secretary.
the reason why I said what I said about her husband is so that instead of sitting in uk and fretting and shooting in the dark, taking half baked advice from non-officials, her application is being delayed. im just trying to suggest the right course of action.

newstart2014
Newly Registered

Post by newstart2014 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 pm

ok. I take back what I said if its offensive. didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings. sorry!

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 pm

He has been doing what he needs to do and much more and I'm trying to also find out information to help him. That's what married couples do don't they help and support each other?! Anyhow all the best to everyone in the process of application.
Last edited by Mrs Asim on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:16 pm

FAO Mrs Asim

For marriages taking place in Azad Kashmir you only need the nikanamah (called nikah khawani in azad kashmir) and it to be translated and attested in english. union councils have no jurisdiction on registering nikanamah, this is done by the MUFTIs in azad kashmir. Each area in azad kashmir has it's own mufti who will register and stamp the nikanamah. In mainland paikstan this is done by Union councils but not in azad kashmir. The person (maulvi) who conducted the nikah is responsible for getting the nikanamah registered and stamped by the mufti.

I know this because this is how my wedding in azad kashmir was registered as well many other family members and cousins.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 pm

newstart2014 wrote:my observation is the truth. isn't it logical for her spouse to do the spadework when he is in Pakistan instead of her getting advice from laypeople like us. he shud be getting information form the officials and ppl on the ground. sometimes truth sounds rude but it doesn't make the truth any less real. u say they are two different things...pls give proof and enlighten the rest of ignorant like me. for the application only marriage certificate is enough and marriage certificate is on nadra's letterhead and is computerized and signed by the union council's secretary.
the reason why I said what I said about her husband is so that instead of sitting in uk and fretting and shooting in the dark, taking half baked advice from non-officials, her application is being delayed. im just trying to suggest the right course of action.
For your information please read the following thread which should answer your questions.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1068533

This advice wasn't given by anyone, but one of the moderator. Also I'll urge you to read the following as well as it covers all the details one should worry about while making an application from Pakistan.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 06101.html

Hope this helps.

sami3

Post by sami3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Mrs Asim wrote:Newstart: first of all without knowing the situation if my husband it's pretty judgemental to say he's passive . But just to clarify my husband is in Lahore, 12 hours away from azad Kashmir, he's unknown just like I am! He also has a full time job in which he has taken a lot of time out to try and solve the issue! He has visited union council many times in Lahore but that is of no use to us. And judging by your advise you have left me even more confused. So next time before you start judging other peoples situation and family think about your own !

Networks: you have been great! Thank you for your concern and advise and most importantly answering my billion questions without hesistation or trouble. may Allah bless you and your good deeds.

Well to be honest everyone knows the difference between Union Council and Nadra in Pakistan. Please keep this forum for Timeline only as it says.

P.S There are so many other forums and places where people can ask questions about the visa applications. People here are the one who already have applied and discussing only about the time line if you read the previous comments from the last two months.

Thanks

Sarah786

Post by Sarah786 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:11 am

To all those on hold
Have u guys heard anything.??

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:56 am

Sarah786 wrote:To all those on hold
Nope jus tha its still in process whatever that means! Anyone else?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 am

Sarah786 wrote:To all those on hold
Havent heard anything yet :-(
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 am

The latest response I received suggests that all on hold applicants will be refused and entitled to a refund.

Read:

I understand you have been waiting for long and apologise for any
inconveniences. Currently the majority of settlement visa applications were
on hold and waiting for a response. The judgment from the High court will
mean that, from the 28 July, the 4,000 individuals whose applications are
currently on hold, pending this judgment, will now receive a decision.
These are cases which met all the requirements apart from the minimum
income threshold and now stand to be refused. If you were refused, you may
ask for refund and make a fresh application. You can have more info by
clicking on this links:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home ... nimum-inco
me-threshold .
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:18 am

Mrs Asim wrote:@Mrs Asim,

Please read the requirements in another thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... ml#p664664 which says its not the NADRA one which you need.

Evidence of marriage

This will be in the form of the original Nikkah Namma (In Urdu and issued by the Union Council in Pakistan and not NADRA). A certified English translated one will also have to be produced with it at the same time. Beside this photographic evidence of the wedding will also have to be provided with at least one showing both couples sitting/standing next to each other in the same photo.
What I have is:

Nikkah Nama in Urdu & English attested copy so far.

So I require a computerised marriage registration certificate yes from local union council which is not the NADRA marriage registration certificate that I found online ? Please someone put me out my misery! Please see attachment of what I found online ...,[/quote]

I had one of those computerised marriage registration certificate exactly same as you have shown in the attached document but it didn't have the word Nadra. I also had my original Urdu nikkah nama both marriage certicate and Urdu nikkah nama were attested. I never had an engligh translation.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

qadz

Post by qadz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Got this reply from UKVI,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

A decision has been made on the 16/07.
You will be receiving a notification about the outcome of your application
shortly.
Once the Visa Application Centre have received the passport back, you will
be informed by email or SMS if you have paid for this service, for
collection unless you have paid for the courier service.
Please be patient as this may take several days.

haven't get any response from gerry's , any idea how much time it will further take?

sami3

Post by sami3 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:43 pm

zeeh wrote:The Entry Clearance Manager
British High Commission
Islamabad Coventry
Pakistan

Spouse Visa Delay Complain

To the Entry Clearance Manager:

I am writing to complain about the time the BHC Islamabad has taking to process my wife spouse visa application.
My wife applied for spouse visa to join me in UK on---- at visa centre Lahore. It is been now ---days and --- working days. I have forward my both job p60 by e mail to BHC Islamabad on ---to support our application and make sure ECO don’t put our application on hold due to income threshold. It clearly shows that we meet income requirement.
I would appreciate an explanation why the Home Office/UKVI delaying our application, I am more than happy to provide addition documents or information to ECO which can help him/her to make decision on my wife application. I accept some applications are more complicated than others and enquiries are required on occasions but this does not account for the difference in service standards detailed on your website. Our External Customer Standards for settlement applications are to process 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks. It clearly shows that we have been waiting over seven months for a decision. All applicants have a right to be treated in a fair, considerate and timely manner which the Home Office/UKVI is clearly failing to do at present. Freedom of Information Act utilized us to find out where our application lies in the queue of cases that continues to build.
Kindly response my complaint and give decision on my wife application which under process over seven month? My wife details are below.

I await your response with interest!
Very helpful. Thanks. please let me know how did it go? I am thinking to write a letter directly to ECO at BHC Islamabad. Do you know where should I post it in Pakistan?

Thanks

qadz

Post by qadz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:31 pm

i just received the call from gerry's..

But i guess they couldn't hear me as they didn't speak anything. Should i go to collect the documents tomorrow or not? i mean , are we suppose to get the appointment thing for the collection of documents or we can go without that?

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:33 pm

qadz wrote:Got this reply from UKVI,

service.

shortly.

haven't get any response from gerry's , any idea how much time it will further take?
ah inshallah its gud news! feeln happy for u! inshallah not long x

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:34 pm

I have no idea why they are still holding applications from January or February. My 6 months are over now. I applied on 20th January. BHC are not replying to my mp either. I don't know what to do. If you listen to my story you will cry your eyes out :'( I was only 15 when i fell in love with a girl in Pakistan and it took me 14 years to marry her finally :( and now this wait is killing me... First it was bloody family and now all this :'( I am losing hope ....patience.... faith.... everything[/quote]

ur situation rely touched me :( ino thers people out there in worse situations than me and have been waiting longer and I always prey for Allah to grant there visas evan before ours. dont ever lose hope evryone try to recite durood tanjeena evryday and jus keep preyin. thngs myt change very soon probably wen we dont expect them to,.[/quote]

Thanks sis. Please pray for me too inshAllah. May Allah grant visas to everyone inshAllah.

Stay Blessed xx[/quote]

inshallah always! dont lose hope. whats the status of your application if u dont mind me asking?

qadz

Post by qadz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:35 pm

Ket1 wrote:

service.

shortly.

Finally got the call few mins back from Gerry's, but they couldn't hear me. should i go to collect the documents or wait for their another call?

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:44 pm

qadz wrote:
Ket1 wrote:

service.

shortly.

Finally got the call few mins back from Gerry's, but they couldn't hear me. should i go to collect the documents or wait for their another call?
at this time? i would call them bak strait away! jus before u go as incase its sumthing else u never no! i thort they send a email or text to collect docuements

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:53 pm

qadz wrote:i just received the call from gerry's..

But i guess they couldn't hear me as they didn't speak anything. Should i go to collect the documents tomorrow or not? i mean , are we suppose to get the appointment thing for the collection of documents or we can go without that?
u dnt have a apt, they usualy send a txt and email sayin to collect it between mon-thurs between certain hours such as 12-3 etc and u can go anytime between these days and times

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 pm

service.

shortly.

mashaALLAH good to hear that at least they now contacting

when did you apply qadz?? pls share..

btw yes don't know why bhc delaying jan or feb applicants at least they should give outcome to those who are not on hold.. i m also waiting from 31 jan 2014
please guys make dua for everyone

jazakallah
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014

hadz7

Post by hadz7 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:46 pm

qadz i would suggest u to take ur id card with u tomw to gerry and say i received call yesterday so i am here today to enquire if my documents are here now . i m sure they ll check for u and if they are there then u can bring them with u as long as u got ur id card and copy of ur id card .

qadz

Post by qadz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Ket1 wrote:
qadz wrote:

at this time? i would call them bak strait away! jus before u go as incase its sumthing else u never no! i thort they send a email or text to collect docuements
[/quote]

yeah i got the call at 7:03 pm (wasn't expecting the call at this time though )I tried to call them back, but they didn't pick calls on that number (that's what i have noticed from other forums through people who received call by this number). No hopefully it is the call for collection as got an email from UKVI, that the decision on my application has been taken on 16th July and Gerry's will contact me..Now my husband will go and collect the documents tomorrow on by behalf as he is in Pakistan these days. Lets see what is the outcome.

qadz

Post by qadz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 pm

phaara wrote:

service.

shortly.

btw yes don't know why bhc delaying jan or feb applicants at least they should give outcome to those who are not on hold.. i m also waiting from 31 jan 2014

jazakallah
I applied on 18th Feb 2014, had the telephone interview call at 16th july (to check my English as my A1 test was through ETS) and UKVI tracking told me that the decission was taken on 16th July (it means on the day my interview was taken). So plz pray for positive outcome

qadz

Post by qadz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:48 pm

hadz7 wrote:qadz i would suggest u to take ur id card with u tomw to gerry and say i received call yesterday so i am here today to enquire if my documents are here now . i m sure they ll check for u and if they are there then u can bring them with u as long as u got ur id card and copy of ur id card .
thanks , will bring my id card tomorrow:)

phaara
Member of Standing

Post by phaara » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 pm

qadz wrote:
phaara wrote:

service.

shortly.

jazakallah
I applied on 18th Feb 2014, had the telephone interview call at 16th july (to check my English as my A1 test was through ETS) and UKVI tracking told me that the decission was taken on 16th July (it means on the day my interview was taken). So plz pray for positive outcome
Yes IA you wil get positive result.. I've also did A1 toeic test via NTS bt did'nt get any call or RFC yet so, Infect u lucky MA
online app 29/1/2014
Biometric 31/1/2014
Forwarded to Isb OC on 3/2/2014
RFC 2/10/2014