ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Requesting Advise on Visa Switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANAG
Newly Registered

Urgent - Requesting Advise on Visa Switch

Post by ANAG » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Dear All,

I am writing to you requesting for some advise and there is some urgency involved :-(

I am currently on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant (Issued on November 2012) and my wife is on a Tier 2 ICT Dependent here in the UK. Both of us are working.

My wife is now eligible for a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant visa and her employer is ready to process one for her. I have the following questions and would be grateful if you can show me some direction:

(A) Can my wife switch from Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant ?

(B) If the answer to the above question is Yes, can she switch within UK ?

(c) If answer to question B is No, can the application be processed and PBS be issued while she is here in the UK and then she goes back to ger home country for bio metric and stamping ?

(D) Can I switch from Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant to Tier 2 ICT Dependent without serving a cooling off period ?

(E) Can I make that switch here in the UK after she gets her visa ?

(G) Do I need to inform my employer if I am making that switch ? Does my employer need to cancel the existing COS or can I just go ahead and submit my dependent application ?

Regards,
ANAG