ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Experienced vs New entrant confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

phaedrus
Newly Registered

Tier 2 - Experienced vs New entrant confusion

Post by phaedrus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate if you could help me solve my confusion about the soc codes.

I've started working 2 years ago on PSW visa and then a year later I changed to Tier 2 General. So in total, I worked 1 year on Tier 2 and 1 year on PSW. Now they are planning to extend my contract for an another year therefore I need to apply for a visa again with the same soc code. The question is do I need to apply as an experienced or new entrant? (I'm 28 years old.)

Many thanks!

phaedrus
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 - Experienced vs New entrant confusion

Post by phaedrus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Any idea anyone?

phaedrus
Newly Registered

Post by phaedrus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Would really appreciate an answer guys! Thanks a lot!

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Experienced worker.

phaedrus
Newly Registered

Post by phaedrus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:43 am

Just checked with the immigration officer and found out that it's the time spent on Tier 2 and PSW does not count. So apparently I'm still an entrant level if my next contract wont take me beyond 3 years 1 month.

RobbUK
Newly Registered

Post by RobbUK » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Yaa,
I am in same situation as you but I am switching sponsors, I got Tier-2 general as NEW Entrant, last october, just over an year ago, I am trying to switch to new sponsor,Would I be as NEW Entrant or Experienced. Your Suggestion is much appreciated.Could you please give contact details of Immigrations officer If possible.

Regards,
ROBBUK

irina421
Newly Registered

Post by irina421 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Hello,

Can you plesae advise regarding similar situation. It really important and urgent and hope you can advise.

I made application on 03-Apr-15 to switch from Tier 1 post-study work to tier 2 general. At the time of application the entry-level salary applied as per exception on Code of Practice. I was paid 22.5k

I was initially contracted to cover maturnity leave so my initial contract was for 1 year and several months and my visa was issued from April 2014 to August 2015. Now I stay with the same company (as company offered) and do the same job and need to extend my visa. The employer has issued a CoS for my current salary 26k. Do I still qualify as entry level as I worked with Tier general 2 only 1 year and 2 months? My job code is 2429 per code of practice and salary level there for new entrant is 24.3k and for profession is 29.4k. So I get through as entry level but not at professional level.

My employer thinks that it should not be a problem as I could not realisitcally have salary raise in one year from entry level to professional level or I need to apply only for 1 year 11 months.

Would my application be approved at salary of 26K? Is there any infromaiton I need to advise UKVI about?

More info: i am currently 27 years old (born 15-Jul-15)

Thank you very much.It is really urgent and important question and hope you can advise.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:38 am

irina421 wrote:Hello,

Can you plesae advise regarding similar situation. It really important and urgent and hope you can advise.

I made application on 03-Apr-15 to switch from Tier 1 post-study work to tier 2 general. At the time of application the entry-level salary applied as per exception on Code of Practice. I was paid 22.5k

I was initially contracted to cover maturnity leave so my initial contract was for 1 year and several months and my visa was issued from April 2014 to August 2015. Now I stay with the same company (as company offered) and do the same job and need to extend my visa. The employer has issued a CoS for my current salary 26k. Do I still qualify as entry level as I worked with Tier general 2 only 1 year and 2 months? My job code is 2429 per code of practice and salary level there for new entrant is 24.3k and for profession is 29.4k. So I get through as entry level but not at professional level.

Unfortunately, as you are over 26, you are no longer eligible for the new entrant rate. This is because when you apply your last leave will have been T2 rather than PSW. If you apply and the salary is less than the experienced rate your application will be refused. Your employer can phone the UKVI helpline 0300 123 4699 to confirm this. If they are willing to pay you the experienced rate the salary in the assigned CoS can be changed using a sponsor note. Remember than the £29.4k experienced rate is for a 39 hour week and if you work fewer hour it can be adjusted downwards pro-rata.

My employer thinks that it should not be a problem as I could not realisitcally have salary raise in one year from entry level to professional level or I need to apply only for 1 year 11 months.
Would my application be approved at salary of 26K? Is there any infromaiton I need to advise UKVI about?

More info: i am currently 27 years old (born 15-Jul-15)

Thank you very much.It is really urgent and important question and hope you can advise.

Fnm
Newly Registered

Post by Fnm » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:31 am

phaedrus wrote:Just checked with the immigration officer and found out that it's the time spent on Tier 2 and PSW does not count. So apparently I'm still an entrant level if my next contract wont take me beyond 3 years 1 month.
Hi, I am in a similar situation to yours. Can you kindly advise if you were granted leave to remain for up to 3 years and 1 month.