ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In country switch for fiance - please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidB

In country switch for fiance - please help

Post by SidB » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:58 am

Hi,

I'm an Indian National settled in the UK on a hsmp and am getting married in January 2008. My fiance is a mauritian national and does not require a visa to visit the UK as a tourist / visitor.

I've got a couple of queries, will be grateful if you could help me out with it:

1. Can my spouse enter the UK as a visitor after marriage and make an in country switch to a dependent visa? Or does she have to get a dependents visa before she arrives?

2. Which form does she need to use if she applies before she comes here?I have looked at www.ukvisas.gov.uk . I can find application forms for someone who wants to come as a dependents of a person "settled" in the UK. By settled they mean someone who has a ILR

Which form do I use for my circumstance?

Will be grateful if you can help.

Thanks