ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitsar
Newly Registered

Entering UK

Post by nitsar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of applying Tier2 genral visa and the forum is helping me a lot.
I have a question for which I did not find exact answer.

I am an Indian and currently working in Europe.I will be applying Tier2 genral visa from Europe.
I plan to wind up my activities here and move to India temporarily before coming over to UK.

Could there be any problem at border control because my visa is applied from Europe and I am entering UK from India?

Thanks for help.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Entering UK

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:23 am

Assuming you have a restricted COS as you are applying from outside the uk.

It will not be an issue entering the uk once the visa is issued regardless of where you are flying from.

nitsar
Newly Registered

Post by nitsar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks Frontier Mole.

In that case; would I need to carry TB certificate with me?
As I will be applying from Europe(Belgium); I wont need that with the visa application.

But, as understood from some other posts here; they check TB certificate at border control and if we(me + my dependents) travel from India those guys might expect us to have that.

Is it better to get TB certificate while in India or that's not necessary?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:46 am

Take it with you when you travel. And submit it with the application regardless even if it is not a deemed requirement as it will do no harm.
All a bit belt and braces but there is no loss in being over cautious

nitsar
Newly Registered

Post by nitsar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:38 am

Agreed Frontier Mole.

Only problem would be that there are no authorized clinics/hospitals for TB tests in Belgium.
I will still get TB certificate from some good hospital here in Belgium and submit with the visa application.

Thanks for the guidance.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I applied for my UK visa from a country where there is no TB certificate submission requirement but hold a passport of a country that requires one if you apply from there.

So if you are applying for UK visa from Belgium / the EU you will not need a TB test.

Got my visa without applying for a TB certificate and when questioned at Heathrow on visa activation I told them there was no requirement for a TB test for the country I am applying from.

But here is where you and me are different....... you are travelling into a country with TB risk (india) and this might cause concern to UKBA.

If you want to be safe you can get a TB test from an authorised clinic in India (Belgium one will not be useful since you travelled to India) and keep that with you when you travel to the UK.

Alternatively, you can just travel without it and if they have any concerns they will test you at the border.

nitsar
Newly Registered

Post by nitsar » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks for the info FaeLLe.

We will be getting TB test done while in India.