ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Dependent HSMP TO ILR : SUSHDMEHTA PLEASE RESPONSE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hini_khan
Newly Registered

From Dependent HSMP TO ILR : SUSHDMEHTA PLEASE RESPONSE

Post by hini_khan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 am

Hi,

My brief history of stay in Uk Is given below and under current scenario , kindly suggest me which route best for me to achieve permanent residency status in Uk.

First came to Uk on 12/08/2010 on dependent PSW.
Got Hsmp dependent in April 2011.
Got Hsmp extension as dependent on June 2013.
My current extended leave is going out of date on 19/06/2016.
As on 12/08/2014, I will be celebrating my 4th Anniversary in Uk.

My husband got his ILR via Long residency route on 12/04/14.

I have a daughter born on 06/04/14 and recently we have applied for her naturalization certificate based on her fathers ILR granted 5 days since her birth.

Please suggest me as which route should I follow in order to achieve my ILR in Uk.
People say I can apply for ILR on completion of my 5 years in Uk which is in August 2015. But some said I have to change my dependent Hsmp to spouse visa which take further 5 year to get ILR .

Kindly suggest me the right path.

Warm regards
Hina vamiq

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: From Dependent HSMP TO ILR : SUSHDMEHTA PLEASE RESPONSE

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:55 pm

I have to change my dependent Hsmp to spouse visa which take further 5 year to get ILR .
This is because your partner applied for ILR based on 10 years long residence. You need to switch on FLR(M) and meet the English and the financial requirements, extend again on FLR(M) after 2.5 years before you can apply on Set(M) after 5 years as spouse of settled (ILR) person. Or if you reach 10 years long residence before that, you can apply using that route.

The rules changed on 6th April 2014, see link below (the last entry by Vinny with a link to the changes)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.