ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant Visa - Urgent Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryan12
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependant Visa - Urgent Query

Post by ryan12 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:56 am

I am currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 (General) Employer Sponsored visa. My wife and my child are also with me on a Tier 2 (General) dependant visa category. Our Visas expire in December 2015. However I have now been offered a new job in the UK by a different employer and I need to make a fresh application to extend my existing Tier 2 General leave with the new certificate of sponsorship. Can you please let me know whether my dependants also need to make a fresh application with me to extend their leave now. In case my dependants do not apply to extend their leave now, can they continue to live with me legally on their existing leave and apply to extend their leave next year before their visa expires in December 2015. I will really appreciate if somebody can guide me with a genuine advice on this matter.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant Visa - Urgent Query

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am

It's recommended that they apply with you when you are switching your visa.

dipowen10
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant Visa - Urgent Query

Post by dipowen10 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:30 am

Hi,

My query is slightly different but relates to depedant visa extension as well. Hope someone can help as my wife's dependant visa expires in a month!

Background
I have recently applied for my ILR (via the 5 year PBS route) and have been granted leave. I am now looking to extend my wife's dependant visa. She is currently on the Tier 2 dependant visa and it expires in 9 September 2014 (this is when my Tier 2 visa was expiring as well). Her current visa was granted on 11 June 2014 and she entered the UK on 18 July 2014.

Queries
1. I am trying to find out which form I should fill in. Based on what i have managed to find out online, this is the form that i believe i will have to fill and submit
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant

However, i was wondering if there is an equivalent online version which i could fill in electronically and submit. Any help on this will be appreciated.

2. Looking at the form in the link above, there are two options for Tier 2, "up to 3 years leave to remain" and "over 3 years leave to remain". The first with a fee of £601 and the second with £1,202. Having read the policy guidance, it mentions that if the spouse (i.e me) is granted ILR, then the maximum extension they would award is 3 years (i have provided an extract from the guidance stating this below for reference). That leaves me wondering which of the above I should select.

"Periods of grant
30. We will grant leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave, except where the PBS migrant has been granted indefinite leave to remain. In these cases, we will grant you a period of three years leave. An application for further leave may then be made if required to take you up to the applicable qualifying period for indefinite leave to remain."

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanking you in advance