ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born baby - naturalization from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mihirjmehta
Newly Registered

UK born baby - naturalization from India

Post by mihirjmehta » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Dear All,

I am currently on a tier 1 visa and my ILR appointment is on the 6th of September. Both me and my wife are going to be applying for ILR using the premium service.

I have a baby boy born 3 weeks back. My wife along with the baby plan to go to India for a few months immediately after our ILR is done. The baby will hold an Indian passport and go to India without a UK visa. Can we apply for naturalization for the baby from India? Or do I need to apply for a dependent for him as well?

My wife will need to travel immediately after ILR and hence we are not applying for naturalization here.

Any help/suggestions/information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mihir

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK born baby - naturalization from India

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 am

Assuming the child is born in the UK, yes, the child can be registered under section 1(3) whilst abroad.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Re: UK born baby - naturalization from India

Post by IndiMarshall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:43 am

I heard it is a long process - 16 weeks ..sometimes more...
During this period. Your passport might have to be with Indian Embassy along with your ILR card.
They might ask you for address proof in India. Many birth related certificates etc.
One of the member's applicaiton here is cancelled 3 times here.. for various reasons...

british-citizenship/british-citizenship-for-new-born-baby-born-in-india-t155114.html#p1063705

Its not going to be easy... Give them a call and plan very very very very welll .. like say.. you come back to UK and send your travel documents by post for proof.. otherwise u may get stuck in India..

This is the process parents face when applying for Citizenship for Kid in India & kid born in India to Naturalzied father staying in UK.