ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa (Pak) - Evidence of communication

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nav_07
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa (Pak) - Evidence of communication

Post by nav_07 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 am

HI all, my wife is soon to apply for her "family visit visa" (aka. settlement visa). from Pakistan to the UK.

We meet all the requirements, and have the supporting documents. My question is regarding the evidence of communication, i.e. phone bills.

I myself can provide itemized billing for the past 12 months, because I use a contract mobile phone to ring her. However when she rings me, she uses a PAYG phone. So all she has is the "top-up" cards or "load" cards as they are reffered to in Pakistan as eveidence.

Will this be sufficient and acceptable as evidence?

Any answer or advice would be much appreciated. Thank You

WR1

Re: Settlement Visa (Pak) - Evidence of communication

Post by WR1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:39 am

Top Up cards, Load Cards or Phone Cards are not acceptable because they do not show any details of who the calls are made to. See if your spouse can contact the mobile operator and obtain any form of itemized billing.

In addition to this, you can rely on other forms of communication, in the day and age of technology, this will include emails, instant messages, text message printouts, whats app's printouts, Viber, Facebook, twitter, Skype, and all other forms of social media etc... the list is endless.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:53 am

nav_07 wrote:HI all, my wife is soon to apply for her "family visit visa" (aka. settlement visa). from Pakistan to the UK.
A family visit visa does not lead to settlement. Make sure you are applying under the category that you think you are.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:15 am

WR1 wrote:Top Up cards, Load Cards or Phone Cards are not acceptable because they do not show any details of who the calls are made to. See if your spouse can contact the mobile operator and obtain any form of itemized billing.

In addition to this, you can rely on other forms of communication, in the day and age of technology, this will include emails, instant messages, text message printouts, whats app's printouts, Viber, Facebook, twitter, Skype, and all other forms of social media etc... the list is endless.

Hi I put in about 10 phone cards plus my O2 bills which shows the local accessed number but not the actual mobile your calling in Pakistan. Will this be a straight away rejection ?

I have also included Skype screen shots and Vopium calling package screen shots which has the mobile number itemised.

I just don't want them to see the phone cards and over look the rest of the contact made. Should I just take out the phone cards to be on the safe side ?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:24 am

Mrs Asim wrote:
WR1 wrote:Top Up cards, Load Cards or Phone Cards are not acceptable because they do not show any details of who the calls are made to. See if your spouse can contact the mobile operator and obtain any form of itemized billing.

Hi I put in about 10 phone cards plus my O2 bills which shows the local accessed number but not the actual mobile your calling in Pakistan. Will this be a straight away rejection ?

I have also included Skype screen shots and Vopium calling package screen shots which has the mobile number itemised.

I just don't want them to see the phone cards and over look the rest of the contact made. Should I just take out the phone cards to be on the safe side ?
Can they establish from phone cards you provided if there were used to call your husband or not?

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:20 am

No because you dial an access number of UK put the PIN number in of card then dial the pak number but in my itemised billing it only shows the access number dialed.

Iv also got lots of other means of communication just thought I'd put in everything I used. I use to text from my O2 contract and that clearly shows his number and on the same bills are the calling card number, so it's there so just included it.

I have Skype print out etc, just afraid they'll just stamp big NO NO as soon as they see calling cards even though I explained them in my intro letter.

Penny_78
Newly Registered

Post by Penny_78 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:37 pm

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Including calling cards will not be a rejection if you included them, but they will not be taken into consideration and simply be ignored. The reason being as I explained the calling cards cannot show evidence of you making the calls to your spouse. As such I would say its best not to include them as they will provide no benefit to you whatsoever.

The way I bypassed this method was to download an cheap international calling app for a smartphone, and made calls using the app (which is very similar pricing to calling cards). Then I used the itemised records from the app (online account and download all call records) which showed my mobile number and calls being made direct to my spouse's mobile number.

I avoided calling cards due to the main reason of them not able to show clear records therefore not being accepted as evidence of communication.

Like I mentioned, phone records is not the only method of communication, in this day and age of technology, you can use all forms of social media, screenshots of text messages are also acceptable.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided