ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for a child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravis
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for a child born abroad

Post by ravis » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advice me on the following query?
I took British citizenship through naturalisation in May 2008 and my wife has been granted ILR in OCT 2009. We are planning our child to be born in India. what is the best way of applying British citizenship? If I can what will be the child status in India?

Thanking you.
Kind Regards,
ravis

goody09

BC

Post by goody09 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 pm

as you hold a BC your baby will be BC by descent

Best wishes

ravis
Newly Registered

Post by ravis » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.

I red in one of the post saying that applying a British Citizenship by descent will effect future generation (i.e they can't pass their BC to their next generation). If so what is the best way of avoiding those disadvatages.

Please advice.

Regards,
ravis

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 pm

the best way is your child being born in the UK or your child's children being born in the UK. other than that i dont know if there is much that you can do.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizenship for a child born abroad

Post by keshgrover » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 pm

ravis wrote:Hi Everyone,

Can someone please advice me on the following query?
I took British citizenship through naturalisation in May 2008 and my wife has been granted ILR in OCT 2009. We are planning our child to be born in India. what is the best way of applying British citizenship? If I can what will be the child status in India?

Thanking you.
Kind Regards,
ravis
Apply for his British passport at nearest BHC. As child is going tobe british by birth.
KESH

hforreal
Newly Registered

Post by hforreal » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Can someone kindly advise if a child in the case below can be registered for British Citizenship?

One parent is with British Citizenship and the other is with ILR. The child is currently holding EEA family permit but not the ILR yet. The child has been in the UK for more than 3 years since the first arrival.

Can the child be registered for the British Citizenship? Is the ILR a requirement for BC registration?

Thanks

Berliner90
Newly Registered

Post by Berliner90 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:06 pm

I want to know if a baby was registered abroad. . would it help him to pass the nationality to his children if they were not born in uk?
I am British by naturalisation. . I know my son is eligible for British passport. . but my concern if he can pass his nationality to his children?
he's 5 months old we live in Germany. and my husband is European. . anyone?
many thanks

AlanJB27
Newly Registered

Post by AlanJB27 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello there,

Very quick question that I hope someone has a simple answer for. I'm British by birth. My wife is due to give birth in the next 3 months, in Canada. (She's Canadian).. Does the child qualify for dual nationality and how do I go about registering for UK citizenship??

Help please!!