ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aurnoc

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by aurnoc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:18 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Shahjee and all members

just wanted to update my wife FLR(M) decision is on it's way.as i tracked special delivery reference no it's say on it's way.
need ur prayer's guys hopefully get 2 years visa according to old rules.
Shahjee do they mention in approval letter that it's 2 year visa or 2.5 years or we need to wait for BRP to find out visa is according to old rules or new rules?

best of luck to all of those who are waiting for their decisions.

Regards
Wish you best of luck that you guys get lucky n get 2 years brp :)
You must check duration on BRP itself and not on the letter.

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
ILRwaiting wrote:We've applied under SET(O) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(o) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.
Hi

but application under 10 years routes should me made by Form ILR(LR).If u applied under 10 years u send wrong form.I never heard about interview.If any member heard about interview at Home Office or has experience plzz share.

Regards
Sorry, it was SET(LR) form.

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Re: SET (M)

Post by redrosekhan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:45 pm

rajamahbub wrote:Just a quick update about my wife's SET(M).

We had PEO yesterday at Croydon for my wife's Indefinite and it's a successful one. My wife got two years FLR(M) on 4th June and not two and half years but the case worker insisted on that time that she has to wait five years to get indefinite. But I took my chance and it was a good one.

I hope all of you who are waiting have a good result.
Dear brother iam in the same situation i got my ilr in july on set LR wife is applying for FLR M first then SETM but peeple keep saying she cant she will have to start from the begnning.can you please email me you full story and also the cover letter and rules you mentioned to them when you went to PEO so i can get an idea and prepare my case.my email is redrosekhan@yahoo.com.ill be waiting thanks

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
ILRwaiting wrote:We've applied under SET(O) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(o) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.
@ ilr waiting ,

Thanks for you update but yes after reading your post so many question arises :-

why did you fill set(o) form if you are applying on the basis on Long residency ...it should be SET(LR) ?

and also according to my limited knowledge i have heard that those who are applying for ILR through HSMP route where you need to complete five years according to the terms and condition of the visa you can apply for SET(0) AND i know few cases on this forum under set(o) or other category that HO has invited applicant for an interview to ask few question regarding their income and other ....but we never heard that interview has been called for 10 years Long residency set(lr) cases .

Can you just share some more information about your case that under which circumstances you have submitted set(o) form on April 2014 Under 10 years long residency category ...

Or shah jee or Amber can help you in this regard ....

Regards ,
S.Akaram
Yes, it was SET(LR) form, sorry. 10 years ago we've come here and applied for family reunion with our child (now british citizen), but heard little from HO during this time (like "we've got your application, please wait"). Now in Aprlil we've filled SET(LR) form, passed tests, done biometrics, paid money and received recently invitation to the interview. On HO site mentioned possibility of an interview https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/apply-to-settle Just wanted to know what are they normally asking.

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks so much guys for your good wishes, the caseworker has actually asked for my original passport which is already with HO since 2012, if I don't my application will be refused. I have written to him with all acknowledgement, refusal, copy of visas covering 10 years and FTT decision, let's see what happens.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 pm

hello shahjee1234 & others,
Along with set (LR), whether sending the print out of PBS qualification calculator which award 10 points of uk passed degree is necessary or simply sending the UK degree certificate is sufficient instead of sending too the PBS calculator print out of the following
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Universal soldier wrote:hello shahjee1234 & others,
Along with set (LR), whether sending the print out of PBS qualification calculator which award 10 points of uk passed degree is necessary or simply sending the UK degree certificate is sufficient instead of sending too the PBS calculator print out of the following
https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces
Hi Universal soldier,
No it is not necessary at all. I didn't send it with my application, I just send the original UK university degree and transcripts. It is totally optional, and up to you, if you want to send it.
Kind regard
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:42 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Shahjee and all members

just wanted to update my wife FLR(M) decision is on it's way.as i tracked special delivery reference no it's say on it's way.
need ur prayer's guys hopefully get 2 years visa according to old rules.
Shahjee do they mention in approval letter that it's 2 year visa or 2.5 years or we need to wait for BRP to find out visa is according to old rules or new rules?

best of luck to all of those who are waiting for their decisions.

Regards
Hi Nasir Bahi,
Firstly congratulations to you and your Mrs in advance. As you applied in time so I am pretty sure that it will be a two years visa, hence your Mrs will be open to apply SET(M) immediately.
Secondly you asked about, if the visa duration is mentioned on the approval letter, the answer is No. It will be a standard letter just informing your Mrs that her application has been successful. Try calling the DX Courier tomorrow morning to check may be the BRP is already on its way.
My prayers and best wishes with you and your family.
Kind regards
Shahjee

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I applied for my ILR back in May 2014 on the 10 years long residence rule using the SET LR firm and today I've received the same letter asking me to attend an interview in LIVERPOOL and I'm in London.
I've looked everywhere on the net, and this seem to be very unusual or, this may be something new.
I really don't know what to expect....
V

ILRwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by ILRwaiting » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 pm

viganooriah wrote:
ILRwaiting wrote:We've applied under SET(LR) 10 years lawful residence in April 2014. Now (Aug 2014) got invitation for an interview to Liverpool HO. Has anyone been to one of those interviews recently? Are they common for SET(LR) applications? What are normally the questions or what you have been asked? I got interview at the morning and my wife later same day.
Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. I applied for my ILR back in May 2014 on the 10 years long residence rule using the SET LR firm and today I've received the same letter asking me to attend an interview in LIVERPOOL and I'm in London.
I've looked everywhere on the net, and this seem to be very unusual or, this may be something new.
Yes, same story, our interview is also in Liverpool, and we are near London.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 pm

viganooriah wrote:
Hi viganooriah and ILRwaiting,
Looks like this is a new technic by the Home office to start interviewing the applicants. Just make sure get your visa dates and history right, and mind it you guys have completed 10 years in this country legally, and they can't stop you getting the settlement with out any plausible reason, so not to worry, be confident and everything will be alright.
Our prayers and best wishes be with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:15 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
Looks like this is a new technic by the Home office to start interviewing the applicants. Just make sure get your visa dates and history right, and mind it you guys have completed 10 years in this country legally, and they can't stop you getting the settlement with out any plausible reason, so not to worry, be confident and everything will be alright.
Kind regards
Shahjee
@Shahjee
Thank you for your support.
My interview is on 21st August 2014 are 15.00. Will update you once over.
V

ali0000
Newly Registered

Post by ali0000 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:20 pm

"hello i came in this country at 19 oct 2004 as student then i took 2 student extensions 1 PSW my last visa was student and going to finished in march 2015 while my 10 year will completed in 19 oct 2014 but unfortunately they curtailed my visa till 25 aug 2014..."they sent me letter which issued on 23rd june 2014 but i received on 5th of august 2014 .in that case I have only 20 date left to apply further leave to remain .on the other hand I have only 25 days left to 10 years after 25th of august .Could any 1 advice me what option I have.

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi
When is your interview?

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 pm

By the way, I wanted to share this database for those who haven't heard of it before.

shahjee1234 wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
Kind regards
Shahjee
V

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:42 pm

For what categories of applicants are being asked to attend interview? If these interviews is for applicants who completed 10 years residence and applying set(lr) then maybe for them its a mistake. Maybe its only for set(o) applicants :shock: ?

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Universal soldier wrote:For what categories of applicants are being asked to attend interview? If these interviews is for applicants who completed 10 years residence and applying set(lr) then maybe for them its a mistake. Maybe its only for set(o) applicants :shock: ?
My application is for 10 years long residence SET LR but bizarrely got interview on 21st of August
V

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Its 100% mistake because no one receive or attend any interview ever. The new department ukvi is doing more mistake than ukba and if you surf other forum section then will see that how many silly mistake they are doing, to one they sent the documents of other person and to one person they sent email to send back passport but 2 years ago they got European residence permits.its definitely is a mistake to interview a person who is now settled and all his visa details they have then for what they called. If they still want that then better open some premium one day service for set lr.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:01 am

viganooriah wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:For what categories of applicants are being asked to attend interview? If these interviews is for applicants who completed 10 years residence and applying set(lr) then maybe for them its a mistake. Maybe its only for set(o) applicants :shock: ?
My application is for 10 years long residence SET LR but bizarrely got interview on 21st of August
Hi Viganooriah..

Can you please share your visa history. There must be something common between you and "ILRwaiting" so we will be able to know why they called you for interview..
ZR

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:07 am

ali0000 wrote:"hello i came in this country at 19 oct 2004 as student then i took 2 student extensions 1 PSW my last visa was student and going to finished in march 2015 while my 10 year will completed in 19 oct 2014 but unfortunately they curtailed my visa till 25 aug 2014..."they sent me letter which issued on 23rd june 2014 but i received on 5th of august 2014 .in that case I have only 20 date left to apply further leave to remain .on the other hand I have only 25 days left to 10 years after 25th of august .Could any 1 advice me what option I have.
Dear Ali ,

Sorry to hear that your visa has been curtailed till 25th Aug 2014,
would you mind to tell us why did they curtailed your visa ?
well still your situation is not that bad you are almost near to your 10 years ...just you have to spend your these 25 days smartly
means probably they have mentioned you in the letter what you can do next ? and is five years cap still apply on you or not ? you can apply for another student visa and in the mean time you will get the bio metric invitation and decision you can vary your application to SET(LR) on 22nd Sep 2014 ....make sure you have got all the other documents ready for both visa ...( qualified English test , Life in UK and for further student visa CAS letter and other documents ...)

KEEP updating us and you can consult to any good solicitor just for the sake of advice but if you do it yourself then still it will be okay because its just 25 day short to 10 years not many days ....

Best of Luck !

Regards ,

S. Akaram

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:10 am

Can you please share your 10 years visa history to know what is common between you and the other person who got the same letter. Secondly, why did your wife applied with you as with SET LR, only one person can apply. What visa she applied.. Can you please share all the information.
ZR

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:18 am

viganooriah wrote:
Hello viganooriah and ILR waiting ,

Would you like to share more about your case? is your case straight forward ? did they give you interview date their own or you have to select the slots ? please keep updating us and hopefully every thing will be alright as you have spend your 10 years legally in this country so should not be problem ....

our prayers are with you ...wish you all the best ...

Regards ,

S.Akaram

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Post by redrosekhan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 am

CONFUSED.
all members on this site keep saying i cant apply for my MRS SET m coz the rules are changed but saw few people on site they went to PEO and got ILR via FLRM then set M .they mentioned 287(a)(i)(d) and got it.(what is this 287(a)(i)(d))?????
i recently got my ilr on long residence Mrs is here since 2006.and since 2008 she is on PBS dependent.
i want to go for FLRM and then Set M but every one say she cant coz from 6 april rules are changed but on the otherhand i saw few cases they was in the same situation they got their ILR thro FLR M and then SETM.
please some one reply iam really confused now.

Siko

Post by Siko » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:54 am

Send my application yesterday hope for the best

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:04 am

redrosekhan wrote:CONFUSED.
all members on this site keep saying i cant apply for my MRS SET m coz the rules are changed but saw few people on site they went to PEO and got ILR via FLRM then set M .they mentioned 287(a)(i)(d) and got it.(what is this 287(a)(i)(d))?????
i recently got my ilr on long residence Mrs is here since 2006.and since 2008 she is on PBS dependent.
i want to go for FLRM and then Set M but every one say she cant coz from 6 april rules are changed but on the otherhand i saw few cases they was in the same situation they got their ILR thro FLR M and then SETM.
please some one reply iam really confused now.
Did you read the detailed reply I gave to you earlier today? It had links to flr m discussion.

Those who got flr m then set m had actually submitted their flr m application before 6th April. Hence they were issued a BRP of two years and could apply set m. Your wife's application will be considered under the new rules: 5 years waiting time on FLR M before ILR.