ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from Islamabad Paksitan (HSMP arroval under old rules)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

EC from Islamabad Paksitan (HSMP arroval under old rules)

Post by waheed » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:16 pm

Dear forum members,

Found this forum extremely useful.

Any applicants going for EC in July from Islamabad Pakistan. Please share experience and please help me out as I am planning for the EC in the first week of August 2007.

Me the prinicipal applicant , my spouse and my daughter aged five and half years old will be applying for the EC. is it possible that at the start I go to UK alone and after 3 months from my departure I call them to UK.If thsi is the scenario I have to fill three VSAF1 forms one for each . Please help and asvice required on the folwwing sections in the VAF1 form

SECTION 1 - WHAT TYPE OF VISA ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?
What to write in this section as I am applying for HSMP and HSMP is not mentioned in this section.
2.12 Is this your first passport?
Mine is second, should I provide number of the first one

3.5 Is your spouse traveling with you? (if yes, please note that she should complete a separate application form)
I want my wife to travel after about three months from my departure, what to write in this section and other related sections.
She has to fill in the separate VAF 1 form either she is traveling with me or later.

Parents should complete section 3.7-3.9
I have one daughter aged 5 years
Will a separate VAF 1 required for her

3.7 Will they be traveling to UK
Should I write yes or no (I want my daughter to travel 3 months after my departure, I intend to depart after two months when my visa is stamped ie my daughter will depart after 5 months visa stamp will it be possible so please tell me what to write here and other sections)

3.9 Important: it is a requirement that the details of up to 2 adult(s) who will travel with each child are recorded on the child’s visa, unless the child is travelling unaccompanied. Please provide the first name, surname and passport number of the nominated adult(s) who will travel with each child. The nominated adult can be a parent/legal guardian, other relative or any other adult(s) nominated by the parent/legal guardian.
I have written mine and spouse names and passport numbers.

5.1 How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
What to write here, I have applied for HSMP under the previous scheme (when there was 65 points requirement) should I write one year or two year

5.2 On what date do you intend to arrive?
I want to leave 2 months after my visa is stamped (what’s the latest time to depart after the visa stamp)

5.3 Why are you going to the UK?
To work, live and make UK my home country (is it OK)

5.5 Do you have any family or close friends in the UK?
I don’t have family or close friends, what should I write, I have two persons whom I know should I write their addresses ,do I need any letter from them or the BHC can contact them for verification.

5.6 Please give the full address and telephone number of all the places where you will be staying during your visit, including hotels.
As I have no family, friends what to write in this section. Should I write the addresses of two three whom I know or should I book hotel. In case I book hotel and my visa is delayed what will happen of my booking. (will be ruined)

6.8 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family?
What’s meant by friend’s and family (inheritance, gift money, loan can also be written in this other sources)

6.10 How much money is available to you for your stay?
We are three family members, me the principal applicant my spouse and daughter aged 5 years. Pakistani RS 1,000,000 (8,000 Pounds) will be enough or I need more. Money requirement will be the same if I travel to UK initially my spouse and daughter join me later after three months

I went to the Gerrys/Fedex Office and told me that me and my wife will also have to go for the TB screening test costing PAK RS 3000/- each (children under 11 years are exempt from the test and the certificate will be valid for six months only if you are late then you have to aplly for that again.) the visa fee for HSMP category in pakistan is PK Rs 25,000/- per applicant.

I have also to go for the finger print scan (Biometric scanning) for all the three members in the family in the BHC islamabad.

I Pakistan is it compulsory that BHC will call the applicant for the interview or there are chances of skipping the interview.

Please help me completing the VAF1 form and any applicants prom Pakistan please share their experiences so that others who are appling can be benefitted.

Regards

Waheed

apeterso925

Re: EC from Islamabad Paksitan (HSMP arroval under old rules

Post by apeterso925 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:38 pm

I apologize if I'm just being obtuse, but with this being nearly 8 months after the rule change for HSMP, how are you applying for EC with HSMP approval under the old rules? Hasn't your approval letter expired?

Amy
waheed wrote:Dear forum members,

Found this forum extremely useful.

Any applicants going for EC in July from Islamabad Pakistan. Please share experience and please help me out as I am planning for the EC in the first week of August 2007.

Me the prinicipal applicant , my spouse and my daughter aged five and half years old will be applying for the EC. is it possible that at the start I go to UK alone and after 3 months from my departure I call them to UK.If thsi is the scenario I have to fill three VSAF1 forms one for each . Please help and asvice required on the folwwing sections in the VAF1 form

What to write in this section as I am applying for HSMP and HSMP is not mentioned in this section.

3.5 Is your spouse traveling with you? (if yes, please note that she should complete a separate application form)
I want my wife to travel after about three months from my departure, what to write in this section and other related sections.
She has to fill in the separate VAF 1 form either she is traveling with me or later.

Should I write yes or no (I want my daughter to travel 3 months after my departure, I intend to depart after two months when my visa is stamped ie my daughter will depart after 5 months visa stamp will it be possible so please tell me what to write here and other sections)

3.9 Important: it is a requirement that the details of up to 2 adult(s) who will travel with each child are recorded on the child’s visa, unless the child is travelling unaccompanied. Please provide the first name, surname and passport number of the nominated adult(s) who will travel with each child. The nominated adult can be a parent/legal guardian, other relative or any other adult(s) nominated by the parent/legal guardian.

What to write here, I have applied for HSMP under the previous scheme (when there was 65 points requirement) should I write one year or two year

I want to leave 2 months after my visa is stamped (what’s the latest time to depart after the visa stamp)

I don’t have family or close friends, what should I write, I have two persons whom I know should I write their addresses ,do I need any letter from them or the BHC can contact them for verification.

5.6 Please give the full address and telephone number of all the places where you will be staying during your visit, including hotels.
As I have no family, friends what to write in this section. Should I write the addresses of two three whom I know or should I book hotel. In case I book hotel and my visa is delayed what will happen of my booking. (will be ruined)

What’s meant by friend’s and family (inheritance, gift money, loan can also be written in this other sources)

We are three family members, me the principal applicant my spouse and daughter aged 5 years. Pakistani RS 1,000,000 (8,000 Pounds) will be enough or I need more. Money requirement will be the same if I travel to UK initially my spouse and daughter join me later after three months

I went to the Gerrys/Fedex Office and told me that me and my wife will also have to go for the TB screening test costing PAK RS 3000/- each (children under 11 years are exempt from the test and the certificate will be valid for six months only if you are late then you have to aplly for that again.) the visa fee for HSMP category in pakistan is PK Rs 25,000/- per applicant.

I have also to go for the finger print scan (Biometric scanning) for all the three members in the family in the BHC islamabad.

I Pakistan is it compulsory that BHC will call the applicant for the interview or there are chances of skipping the interview.

Please help me completing the VAF1 form and any applicants prom Pakistan please share their experiences so that others who are appling can be benefitted.

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:25 pm

apeterso925 bro thanks for replying.

I got my HSMP approval letterdated July 13, 2007 from Home Office on July 19, 2007. (after a long period of about 1 year)

Its a long story, I applied through the one of the leading representattive/ firm in Lahore/Pakistan and they charged me a handsome money for my case filing in July 2006.

In December 2006 I got the news from them that my case was refused due to non verification and they will charge me more if I want to apply for appeal, I agreed and paid them extra money for first appeal but unfortunately this time the appeal was refused again with the additional reasons

Unable to verify from the employer
not satisfied with the proof that me and my wife re living together.

and have awarded only 15 points . instead of 75 (65 were required)

I contacted the local representative and asked them whats happening, they advised me to make a new application under the new rules and dont go for second appeal as they will have to pay a huge amount to their lawyers to make the case strong. I was in perplex and was desperate too.

I planned to quit HSMP, started my normal routine and time for the second appeal passed.

In the meantime my brother inquired and said that the you have got a genuine case and there is no reason for refusal either in the original applcation or in the appeal , you are late and you should appply for the second review yourself , I told him that I am late and the time period has expired and in no way that I will be able to get , but he pursuaded me and I sent the appliccation for the second review and by the grace of god HO was nice to sent me the approval.

apeterso925 bro, Hope that it helps you in understanding how I got HSMP apporval letter.

Regards

Waheed.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Following is the reply from the BHC Islamabad in response to my email inquiy which I am posting here for help to the applicants applying for Entry Clearance (especially from Pakistan)
Thanks for your mail.
LODGING OF VISA APPLICATIONS - GENERAL INFORMATION
The British High Commission is accepting visa applications from all categories except Working Holiday Makers.
UKvisas in Pakistan operate a courier assisted application service through Gerry's/FedEx Offices.
Processing times for all straightforward non- settlement visa applications will be up to 5 working days. Applicants should allow 4 working days transfer time between Gerry's/FedEx and BHC offices in addition to the processing time. Please see separate information leaflets on the collection of biometric fingerscans.
Some non-settlement visa applications assessed by British High Commission staff are not straightforward and may require additional enquiries to be made. Processing times for these applications are likely to extend up to 15 working days. Again applicants should factor in the time it takes Gerry's/FedEx to process and transfer applications between their offices and the British High Commission.
Due to a significant increase in the number of visa applications received for travel to the United Kingdom this summer, applicants are advised that it may take longer than the advertised 15 working days to process non-settlement visa applications requiring additional checks / enquiries.
Applicants are therefore advised to submit their visa applications in good time, but no more than three months before the desired date of travel.
We currently process all straightforward settlement applications within 12 weeks. Some settlement applications that are not straightforward may require additional processing if, for example, there is a need to refer to the Home Office for advice or a decision. In all such cases the applicant will be advised that their application falls into this category.
Applications should be submitted in good time with full accompanying documentation (help-lists of what is required for different kinds of application are available from Gerry's/FedEx offices and our website www.britainonline.org.pk. The applicant must sign their visa application form unless the applicant is a child under 18 years of age in which case a parent or guardian should sign the visa application form.
Gerry's/FedEx will deliver passports to third parties on production of a letter of authorisation signed by the applicant (signature must match the one in the passport), a National I/D card & the original receipt.
Applicants and third parties with written permission are requested to pick up their own/third party passports and documents from the Gerry's/FedEx offices between the hours of:
Submission: Mondays - Fridays: 0900 - 1230
Collection: Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi & Mirpur:
Mondays - Fridays: 1400 - 1630 hrs
Saturdays: 0900 - 1200 hrs
Collection Rest of Locations: 1400 - 1630
Agents drop off time: 1200 - 1300
For Saturdays: Only Collection 0900 - 1300
Originals of all supporting documents should be provided in a separate clear plastic folder, with a complete set of photocopies attached to the application form with a tag. Gerry's/FedEx can help applicants do this. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Single sided forms downloaded straight from the internet can now be accepted. However, check that all the pages of the application form are there. All forms must be stapled at the top, middle and bottom at the left hand side of the form. There is no longer a requirement for original forms to be used or that forms downloaded from the internet have to be copied again into booklet form.
Please make sure the application is complete when submitted to Gerry's/FedEx. We will not be able to accept unsigned application forms. Children under 18 years of age should have a parent or guardian to sign the form on their behalf. We will not be able to consider documents sent to us separately by sponsors or by applicants. Applicants should ensure that documents from sponsors are included with their applications.
Applicants are requested to submit original passports and National ID Cards (NIC) together with photocopies of each passport. These copies will be retained by Visa Section after processing.
Children applying for UK visas must have their own passports. Visas for children will not be affixed to parent's or guardian's passports.
Dependent children under the age of 18 are able to apply for UK visas if their parents have previously travelled and they apply with them or they are able to provide evidence that their parents have valid UK visas.
All children under the age of 18 applying to visit the United Kingdom need to declare whether they are travelling alone or with an accompanying adult.
If travelling accompanied by an adult, their visa will be endorsed to that effect and will only be valid if the child travels with that adult/s. Visas can be endorsed with the details of up to 2 accompanying adults.
If the child is issued an accompanied visa and travels with an adult not named on the visa, or alone, they will be denied boarding by the airline or could be refused entry to the UK. If the details of the accompanying adult change they must obtain a new visa before they travel.
If travelling unaccompanied the child will have to provide a letter from their parents/guardians explaining why they are not travelling with them and who they will stay with the UK.
Whether travelling alone or accompanied the child will have to satisfy the ECO that satisfactory arrangements have been made for their care while they are in the UK. In most cases it will simply be a matter of recording the child's parent's details, with whom the child is travelling, and where they will be staying.
Existing visas will remain valid. The VAF 1 form has been amended in order to capture the additional information and should be used for all visit applications. Please ensure all parts of this form are filled out correctly. This form has been made available to all Gerry's/FedEx offices in Pakistan.

Each application must be accompanied by one photograph, which should be as follows:
Taken against a light background (white/off-white/cream/light grey etc) so that features are distinguishable;
Clear and of good quality;
Printed on normal photographic paper;
Unmounted - 45mm x 35mm in size. Miniature or oversize photographs are not acceptable;
Full face (without sunglasses & normally without a hat or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background
No digital photographs will be acceptable;
The photograph should be securely glued to the relevant space on the application form.
If an applicant requires assistance Gerry's/FedEx uniformed staff will check that the form has been properly completed and describe what supporting documents are required. It is not necessary to employ the services of an agent and doing so can be counter-productive. Some agents are expensive, offer poor quality advice and claim to be in a position to influence Visa Officers' decisions. Such claims are not true and any person making them is not to be trusted. Do not give false information on an application form or submit forged or fraudulent documentation. The Visa Section frequently checks the authenticity of information given and if fraud is detected, the application will be refused. Furthermore, any subsequent applications will be unlikely to succeed.
Payment of visa fees, as set out in the attached table must be made in cash at Gerry's/FedEx offices. No banker's draft will be accepted. When an applicant pays the fee a receipt will be given. It is important that you make sure this receipt is received and kept safely because it will have to be produced later in the application process.
The handling fee for Commonwealth or Dependant Territories applies only to applicants seeking visas for other Commonwealth countries or Dependant Territories that do not have Diplomatic Missions issuing visas in Pakistan.
Travel should be planned well in advance, in order to complete the visa application process.
It will not be possible to return passports until a decision has been made on the application.
The times listed above are subject to change. Please do not contact the British High Commission for a status check on applications unless a passport has not been received within the time scale specified above.
BIOMETRIC FINGERSCANNING
With effect from 6 March 2007, the British High Commission introduced the capture of biometric fingerscans in Pakistan.
All visa applicants must have their fingerscans taken, with the exception of those applicants under the age of five and those over the age of 60. An exception may also be granted to applicants, who for genuine medical reasons cannot provide fingerscans.

Fingerscans will be collected from each applicant by using an electronic scanner. No ink, liquid or chemical will be used and the procedure will take no more than two minutes to complete.

If an applicant refuses to provide fingerscans, the application cannot be processed.

All applicants should ensure that their fingertips are free from any forms of decoration (henna, for example), abrasions or other markings prior to attending the British High Commission, Islamabad or British Deputy High Commission, Karachi, as these may affect their ability to provide acceptable fingerscans. Visa applications cannot be processed until applicants are able to provide acceptable fingerscans.

Applications should be submitted to Gerry's FedEx and applicants will be advised of when they can expect to visit the BHC/BDHC. They will be asked to attend up to one hour in advance of appointment time and to ensure that they have no mobile telephones or bags with them. We regret, that for security reasons, if an applicant fails to attend at the correct time and date, they will not be admitted to the BHC/BDHC.
Once fingerscans have been taken, applicants may be asked to remain for a brief interview or, alternatively, asked to leave. Applications will then be processed and the decision notified via Gerry's FedEx.
TB SCREENING

Also from 6 March 2007, The British Government introduced TB Testing for all visa applicants submitting their application in Pakistan, intending to visit the UK for a period in excess of 6 months.

Before applying for entry to the UK, applicants will be required to visit a designated clinic (see below) to undergo TB testing. Once this test confirms that the applicant is clear of infectious TB, a certificate will be issued. Once the certificate is obtained, applicants may lodge their applications at their nearest Gerry's/FedEx office.

This programme is administered in partnership with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM). To make an appointment at the nearest IOM clinic and for further information on TB Testing, applicants should call the UAN number listed below.

TB Certificates will be required for the following applicants:
Students and their dependants intending to stay for more than 6 months;
Work Permit holders and their dependants intending to stay longer than 6 months;
All dependants of persons settled in the UK applying for spouse/civil partner/ unmarried and same sex partner entry clearance and EEA Family Permit applications.
TB Certificates are not required by:
All visit and transit visa applications;
Short term students (less than 6 months)
Children under 11 years old
Returning residents
Diplomatic passport holders travelling to the UK on official business or for a posting;
Others who qualify for 'Exempt' status.

The designated clinics are:

ISLAMABAD
Nayab Medical Centre
12 Balochistan Plaza
17-E, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad
LAHORE
CARDEX Hospital
3-A, Jail Road, Lahore

KARACHI
Aga Khan Hospital (Clifton)
House 66
Block D
Clifton, Karachi

MIRPUR
Noor Memorial Hospital
Mian Muhammad Road
Chowk Shaheedan
Mirpur

UAN (for all clinics): (051) 111 466 472
STUDENT APPLICATIONS
Student applicants are encouraged to consult the list of approved UK educational establishments published on the DFES web site. The list may be accessed by using the link, www.dfes.gov.uk. Students are expected to submit all relevant documentation with their application. This includes all detailed marks certificates, results intimation cads, consolidated marks certificates and transcripts. Without such documentation, applications will not be accepted.
Students who have missed their course start date are required to produce a letter from their chosen educational establishment certifying that they will be accepted onto the course later than the original start date of the course.

SETTLEMENT APPLICATIONS
All applicants will be required to attend for biometric fingerscanning and possible interviews.
Applications can only be lodged in person at any office of Gerry's/FedEx in Pakistan. We will not accept applications submitted directly to the Visa Sections in Islamabad or Karachi.
Afghan residents seeking to lodge UK settlement applications must do so in person at any office of Gerry's/FedEx in Pakistan. However, applicants may retain their passports for return travel to Afghanistan by providing Gerry's/FedEx with a copy of all pages of their passport.
Demand is high and processing times may vary. Gerry's/FedEx will notify you of the outcome once the application has been processed. In the meantime, please do not approach the British High Commission for the application to be expedited as we will be unable to do so.
Full documentary evidence in support of the application must be included at the time of application. Applications submitted with inadequate documents may be refused.
Guidance on the requirements of the Immigration Rules will accompany the settlement application form and can also be found on the websites detailed below.
If you need further information please look at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or our own websites - www.fco.gov.uk and www.britainonline.org.pk - or read the guidance leaflet and checklist which accompanies the application form.

DIRECT AIRSIDE TRANSIT VISA APPLICATIONS (DATV)
Evidence of confirmed bookings both in and out of the UK must accompany applications. Required by all Pakistani Nationals.
There are certain exemptions to this requirement. The following categories of traveller are not required to hold a DATV and may still benefit from the Transit Without Visa (TWOV) concession. Holders of:
a valid visa for entry to Canada or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of their journey from another country or territory to the country in respect of which the visa is held. Holders of first time immigrant papers to the US or Canada also qualify under this category as they are regarded as having a US or Canadian visa;
a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from Canada or the United States of America to another country or territory, provided that the transit passenger does not seek to transit the UK on a date more than 6 months from the date on which he last entered Canada or the US with a valid visa;
a valid US 1 - 551 permanent resident cards issued after 21 April 1998;
expired cards may be accepted if the passenger holds a letter (I - 797) issued by the Bureau of Citizenship authorising an extension;
a valid US Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Form 551;
a valid Canadian permanent resident cards issued on or after 28 June 2002;
a category "D" (all categories except visitors) visas issued by any European Union or EEA State with more than 3 months validity;
a valid common format European Union or EEA residence permits;
a diplomatic or service passport issued by the Peoples Republic of China;
a diplomatic or official passport issued by India;
a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam;
Those travelling to Ireland via the United Kingdom require a full visit visa, not a DATV.

UKVISAS, PAKISTAN COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
The Visa Section aims to provide an efficient and courteous service to all visa applicants. If applicants have any complaints about the standard of service provided or the personal conduct of any member of Visa Section staff, they should write to the Director, Visa Services at the British High Commission, Islamabad who will initially acknowledge receipt where possible within 5 working days. All complaints will be subject to a thorough investigation and complainants will receive a full reply of our findings.
In the event of any complaint about either the standard of service provided within the Visa Section or the personal conduct of Visa Section staff, applicants should approach reception area. Once at the counter, they should ask to speak to an Entry Clearance Manager who will make him or herself available to address any complaint(s) on the day in question, or where necessary to make further enquiries into any issues raised prior to replying in writing.

FURTHER HELP AND ADVICE
For enquiries about applications already submitted, call the Visa Section Telephone Helpline: Islamabad:
201-2901 (LOCAL)
051-201-2901 (NATIONAL)
0092-51-201-2901 (INTERNATIONAL)
Please visit our website www.britainonline.org.pk for further guidance & to download forms.
Please see the following website for general information: www.i-uk.com

GERRY'S/FED-EX OFFICES IN PAKISTAN
Gerry's/FedEx offers a courier assisted visa applications facility (CAVA) in collaboration with the British High Commission, Islamabad and British Deputy High Commission, Karachi.
ISLAMABAD
Q 13, Al-Markaz, Jinnah Super Market Near Shell Fuel Station, F7 Markaz Islamabad TEL: 051-111-811-111 PESHAWAR
35 Hurmaz Plaza (near Balana Restaurant) University Road, Peshawar Tel: 091-5840409 Email: pewfedex@gerrys.com.pk

MIRPUR (AZAD KASHMIR)
Rasheed Plaza-Secrot F1 Kotli Road.Opposite govt Girl High School Mirpur-Azad Kashmir Tel: (058610) 52037-40 LAHORE 58, A-II, Ghalib Market, Gulberg III Lahore Tel: 042-111-811-111 Fax: 042-5750400 Email: lhefedex@gerrys.com.pk

SIALKOT
Opposite ABL, Paris Road Tel: 0432-111-711-111 Email: sktfedex@gerrys.com.pk
FAISALABAD 574-B, Satiana Road People's Colony Tel: 041-111-711-111 Email: fsdfedex@gerrys.com.pk

MULTAN
Hotel Sindbad, Nishter Chowk Tel: 061-111-711-111 Email: muxfedex@gerrys.com.pk
GUJRANWALA Shop 6-B/C, Trust Plaza, G.T. Road Tel: 0431-253878
KARACHI (CORPORATE OFFICE)
43/1/D, Razi Road, Block 6, PECHS Tel: UAN: 021-111-811-111 Email: khifedex@gerry.com.pk
KARACHI (GULSHAN-E-IQBAL)
Shop # 2, Shelzone Center, Block 15, Main University Road Tel: 021-4979763
KARACHI (CLIFTON)
Quality Arcade, Shop # 5 B.C.7., Block 7, Main Clifton Road Tel: 021 5360417 KARACHI (I.I. CHUNDRIGAR RD) Shop # 1, Ground Floor, Uni Center, Main I.I. Chundrigar Road Tel: 021-2414678
HYDERABAD Shop # 1, Defence Plaza, Fatima Jinnah Road, Thandi Sarak Tel: 0221-781368) QUETTA Shop No. S-9, Swiss Plaza, M. A. Jinnah Road, Quetta Tel: 0300-9381051
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION, ISLAMABAD VISA FEE CHANGE WEF MONDAY 2ND APRIL 2007

FEES HAVE BEEN CALCULATED AT RS125 = £ 1
CATEGORY FEE (£) FEE (Rs)
TRANSIT
Direct Airside Transit (DATV) Visitor in Transit Joining Ship/Aircraft Handling fee for Commonwealth/Dependant Territories £ 44.00 Rs.5,500
SHORT TERM MULTIPLE ENTRY
6 Month Visit Medical Treatment Visit For Marriage/Civil Partnership £ 63.00 Rs.7,875
STUDENT
All categories of Student Applications £ 99.00 Rs.12,375
LONGER TERM MULTIPLE ENTRY
1, 2 & 5 year Visit Academic Visitor PLAB Test Minister of Religion Self Employment Establish a Business Retired Persons of Independent Means UK GP Certificate of Entitlement Sole Representative Returning Resident £ 200.00 Rs.25,000
EMPLOYMENT
Work Permit HSMP Permit Free Employment £200.00 Rs.25,000
SETTLEMENT Adoption Husband Wife Child for Settlement/Other Dependent Relative for Settlement Marriage/Fiancé(e)/Civil Partnership £500.00 Rs.62,500
Yours Sincerely,
Correspondence Section
BHC Islamabad
***********************************************************************************
Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice; and http://www.i-uk.com - the essential guide to the UK.
We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may release this personal information to other UK government departments and public authorities.
Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its
missions overseas may be monitored centrally. This is done to ensure the integrity of the system.
Dear forum members (especially from paksitan)Hope that u will find this email reply helpfuland please help me in filling the form and completing the EC process.

Please respond to my queries have asked above.

Regards

Waheed

hsmp07

Re: EC from Islamabad Paksitan (HSMP arroval under old rules

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:11 pm

I have applied for EC recently from Karachi, I have been called for biometrics testing, now waiting...

Mention HSMP in Others -------
Just give the current passport number

I'm not too sure about this, may be you could write 'yes' and in the end in Additional Information you could tell your plans, Senior members please comment

Yes a seperate VAF1 is required for your child

Again same as 3.5

Correct

Not sure again, senior members please comment

around 3 months

OK

if you will be staying with them then you need a letter from them, otherwise, no need of letter, just enter their details

Not sure, you should call up the hotel and ask their policy
you have answered the question, loan is an exception

I think thats an ok amount

Absolutely right

Its not necessary but its up to them, although I have'nt heard about interviews happening for HSMP applicants

Hope these answers help

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:46 pm

hsmp07,
Since how many days u've submitted ur EC application........I submitted mine on 16th from Khi and waiting for the result.....

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:04 pm

I applied for EC on 23rd July 2007

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:32 am

Dear HSMP07 Bro

Thanks for replying.

Ae u applying alone or with the family.

Plz post your EC cover letters for ease and help.

Check list of documents etc.

Senior members plz rely to my unanswered queries (mostly replied by HSMP07 bro)

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:45 pm

Dear Moderators/SeniorForum Members and applicants whose HSMP approved
Please senior members help me out as I want to apply for the EC in the comming week.

Should I apply alone or with the whole family ( in case I apply alone and case rejecetd RS 25000 will be out and in case of all the family RS 75000 will be gone) so its wise to apply alone get visa , go to UK find job, accomodation and then call the family or its better to aplly for visa of all the family atthe same time me in a perplex.

Please also answer the follwoing queries.

3.5 Is your spouse traveling with you? (if yes, please note that she should complete a separate application form) I want my wife to travel after about three months from my departure, what to write in this section and other related sections.

I want my family (my spouse and my daughter) to enter the UK, 3 months after my departure and I wantto depart 2~3 months after my visa stamp ie they will depart 5~6 months after visa stamp

will there be any problem if I leave 2~3 months after my visa stamped and family leaves 3 months after my departure.

Are there chances for the interview call in the BHC.

When I will be called called for the biometric scanning. All family memebers have to go for the scanning or only the prncipal applicant will go.

Moderators , senior memebrs and applicants from pakistan plz help.

Regards

Waheed

RAW

Post by RAW » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:04 am

Bro Waheed,
You are raising question and then answering to them by same time.........if u fear rejection and decided to go alone then apply only for ur self and act accordingly........ VFS1 form should be filled accordingly.........if you go through the form its really very easy to fill.....

About ur question that "for how long u intend to stay in UK?" ..... if u go through HSMP initial guidelines.......u'll see that HSMP program leads to permanent settlement in UK .......... therefore, one or two years are out of question........ by filing HSMP application you have already agreed to make UK ur first home............ as per my opinion you should write that "u wants to make UK your first home and relocate permanently."

Chances of interview call from BHC solely depends on individual case........I've applied for EC on 16th july n till now have not received any interview call but I know one candidate who was interviewed and got rejection.

Lastly about biometric.........if u applies only for ur self then only u’ll be called for biometric.

You've missed one thing.......before applying EC u've to go for TB test from IOM........get it done for ur self or for your whole family after coming on to any decision.

Cheers,
RAW

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:29 am

waheed wrote:Dear HSMP07 Bro

Thanks for replying.

Ae u applying alone or with the family.

Plz post your EC cover letters for ease and help.

Check list of documents etc.

Senior members plz rely to my unanswered queries (mostly replied by HSMP07 bro)

Regards

Waheed

I have applied with family, my spouse and daughter, and if granted EC inshallah, are planning to go to UK together.

Check list of Docs were

Following is the list of documents submitted. Along with these I also gave the whole set of documents from HSMP, including HSMP cover letter

Cover Letter explaining each document submitted for EC except the ones in the HSMP pile...their explanation is in its own cover letter

Form Section
1. VAF1 VISA application Form for each applicant

Passports of each applicant
1. Current Original Passport
2. Old Original Passport

Evidence of Savings and Income
1. Bank Account statement (last 6 months) (HSMP docs cover the rest last year period)
2. Photocopy of book of my car
3. Original Car tax payment paper
4. Salary slips of last 6 months( Remaining in HSMP Documents Section)
5. Income Tax return of last year
6. Photocopy of Property ownership documents
7. Original Utility bills

Letter from a friend in UK confirming accomodation for me and my family till I can arange my own housing
1. UK Friends passport copy
2. House mortgage statement
3. Utility bills
4. copy of driving license
5. Bank statements

Original TB Health Screening Certificate for me and my spouse only

Evidence of relationship
1. Original Marriage certificate
2. Wedding Photos
3. B-Form of the child, you have to take the original along and the photocopy, courier service attests the copy after viewing the original one

Original HSMP Approval Letter and its supporting documents

For cover letter, this thread was quite helpful, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
In fact if you browse the boards, you will be able to get a lot of information on cover letters.

All the best bro, hope all this effort from our side to get EC is fruitful :)

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:47 am

Dera HSMP07 bro and RAW bro.

Would you be kind enough to post your cover letters sent to the BHC.

I will be extremely thankful if you do

For accomodation purpose

I should provide one address or more than one

My one friend is living in Oxford and other in Bradford.

Suppose I gave the address of the one in Bradford, later can I move to my friend in Oxford.without any hassle.

(what documents for accomodation from friend
Tenanacy Agrreement
Map of house,
passport copy are enough
or its mandatory to show the bank statement, driving license, etc)

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:17 am

Moderators/ Senior Members,

Plz reply.

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:38 pm

Dear Moderators /Senior Memebrs /Pakistani Bros

Plz reply and respond to my questions.

PLz help.

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:16 am

Why no body answering my questions?

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:30 am

Following is the Contact Information of the IOM offices in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD
Nayab Medical Centre
12 Balochistan Plaza
17-E, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area, Islamabad
PH 051-2827986,2276163
051-2277532 IOM Branch

LAHORE
CARDEX Hospital
3-A, Jail Road, Lahore
042-7567877
042-7573381-4
042-7570302 IOM Branch contact Person Mr Imran.

KARACHI
Aga Khan Hospital (Clifton)
House 66
Block D
Clifton, Karachi

I couldnt get the details for Karachi
MIRPUR
Noor Memorial Hospital
Mian Muhammad Road
Chowk Shaheedan
Mirpur
PH:058610-34275 IOM Branch
Contact Person: DR NIHAL/Mr Ayub

usman.saleem

Post by usman.saleem » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:23 pm

I have applied for EC in Islamabad on 23rd of July. My HSMP letter was about to expire on 2nd of August. I have applied both for myself and my wife. BHC has done verification from my company regarding every aspect of my application. I was not expecting this detailed verification from them since I have been granted UK visit visa some 6 months back as well.

Anyways, I will be getting the result in few days hopefully and will update the details here.

Here is the general information related to application:

Visa Type: Other: HSMP
Duration of Stay: 2 Years
Friends or Relatives in UK: None
I supplied hotel reservation for about 2 weeks from my intended date of visit.
Usual documents: bank statement, marriage certificate (original and translated - certified from MFA), salary certificates.
My CV.
Jobs opportunities in UK related to my field.

Crossing my fingers for the result now!

--Usman

RAW

Post by RAW » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:55 pm

Usman & HSMP07,

Have u got any reply from BHC...........I've applied on 16th July but not received any responce till to date.............not able to track my app status as no one reply on phone from FedEx dropbox…….. web service is also down for maintenance..........anyways have no option other than to wait.......

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:52 pm

RAW wrote:Usman & HSMP07,

Have u got any reply from BHC...........I've applied on 16th July but not received any responce till to date.............not able to track my app status as no one reply on phone from FedEx dropbox…….. web service is also down for maintenance..........anyways have no option other than to wait.......

I thought I was the only one whose passport is taking so much time to reach back....but for you 20 working days have passed.....I was told that the decision can take 15- 20 working days...inshallah you will hear about your EC pretty soon. I have not heard anything yet also...all I can do is wait, after looking at your case I think I will have to wait more...I have called Fedex twice or thrice and they always tell me that your passport has not arrived yet....lets hope for the best then. By the way the number for Fedex on which I call is 111 711 111..its not on their website but I found it on the internet, and you have to keep on trying but you do get through on this one. So Try on this and keep us posted of your EC .

RAW

Post by RAW » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:27 am

Thanks for sharing the number cause I was trying on 111-811-111 and its always busy........well yesterday afternoon I visited FedEx office........my passport has not arrived...... their were few other gentlemen worrying about their passports submitted on the same date 16th July (reminded me famous HSMP gang of 16s)........FedEx frontdesk boy told that BHC is now a days taking alot of time in processing student, settlement and work related visas due to enormous load of visit visas n it may take one more week on my passport ............ so I m sitting relaxed and waiting............hoping for the best........may Allah do whatever is best for me…….InshaAllah……

hsmp07

Any updates yet?

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:15 pm

RAW wrote:Thanks for sharing the number cause I was trying on 111-811-111 and its always busy........well yesterday afternoon I visited FedEx office........my passport has not arrived...... their were few other gentlemen worrying about their passports submitted on the same date 16th July (reminded me famous HSMP gang of 16s)........FedEx frontdesk boy told that BHC is now a days taking alot of time in processing student, settlement and work related visas due to enormous load of visit visas n it may take one more week on my passport ............ so I m sitting relaxed and waiting............hoping for the best........may Allah do whatever is best for me…….InshaAllah……
Thanx for sharing this information. I have also been calling Fedex, and the answer I get every time is that my passport has not yet arrived. Its the 19th working day today for my application. Too many visit visa applications sound like the reason for this delay.

So, any news on your EC status yet? Did you hear back from Fedex or called them?

Abdul Munaf
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul Munaf » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:31 pm

I have got my HSMP Visa from BHC last month. Will be visiting UK next month.

But the thing which is making me worry is that after two years i will again be required to apply for extension and to qualify for it by scoring 75 points.

The toughest part to score 75 points is the earning in last 12 months.
The earnings should be GBP 35,000 + per annum. Looking at the job market in UK and the problems HSMP holders are facing to get such high salary jobs is really making getting extension difficult.

We can find on ther forums that HSMP holders in UK are finding difficulites in getting their extension, and according to report nearly 49,000 HSMP holders are leaving UK because they cannot meet criteria for further extension.

In this scenario should we move forward with HSMP by leaving our already established career in Pakistan.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:33 pm

Abdul Munaf wrote:I have got my HSMP Visa from BHC last month. Will be visiting UK next month.

But the thing which is making me worry is that after two years i will again be required to apply for extension and to qualify for it by scoring 75 points.

The earnings should be GBP 35,000 + per annum. Looking at the job market in UK and the problems HSMP holders are facing to get such high salary jobs is really making getting extension difficult.

We can find on ther forums that HSMP holders in UK are finding difficulites in getting their extension, and according to report nearly 49,000 HSMP holders are leaving UK because they cannot meet criteria for further extension.
In this scenario should we move forward with HSMP by leaving our already established career in Pakistan.
Are they leaving?? I've never heard anything about this exodus!

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:17 pm

Abdul Munaf wrote:I have got my HSMP Visa from BHC last month. Will be visiting UK next month.

Could you share your EC timelines with us, also tell us whether any verification was done by the local BHC?

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:11 pm

I am also from pak and in london,my advice to u is not to leave ur established jobs in pak,I m well set here but i have seen many hsmp holders going back and jobs here are no good for them,dont expect u will get office jobs in london straightaway,and i belive not even after some time.
But Uk charm is so high in pak and its hard to believe and everyone know when come uk,but if u r not doing much in pak than come london and set ur self,by any means u can live by 2 years,but think wat u do after 2 years.
Anyhow watever happened is happened for good best of luck.