ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chelsea11
Newly Registered

ILR help please

Post by chelsea11 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 am

hi there
this is a query regarding ILR, I entered UK sep 18 2008, and left on 2nd august 2014. During that period I was never out of UK for more than 27 days. Now I left UK last week as my visa expired (PSW). Now I am coming back on january , if I stay for 4 years and 1 month. Am I eligible for ILR?. According to UK rules I should not be out of country more than 90/180 days. Can you please let me know. By The way it says 10 years legally, does student visa count?. Can you please let me know.
Kind regards

Zaidii

Re: ILR help please

Post by Zaidii » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:32 am

Did you still have valid leave to remain when you left?

chelsea11
Newly Registered

Post by chelsea11 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:39 am

NO, My visa expired , thats why I came back. I am again going back with the new visa. As per UKBA I shouldnt be out of country more than 90/180 days right?. If UKBA refuses, can I put any personal circumstances to fill the gap and reason for leaving. The reason why I came back is I didnt get my COS letter on time, thats why I came back.

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 pm

chelsea11 wrote:NO, My visa expired , thats why I came back. I am again going back with the new visa. As per UKBA I shouldnt be out of country more than 90/180 days right?. If UKBA refuses, can I put any personal circumstances to fill the gap and reason for leaving. The reason why I came back is I didnt get my COS letter on time, thats why I came back.

To keep your continual long residence unbroken, you have to have a valid visa when you leave uk and a valid visa on your entry. Both of the visas can be in different categories, providing you haven't spent more then 180 days out of uk during that one gap in 12 months.
Please wait for senior members for advice.
Regards