ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa refused for Husband (passport damage)&Daughters

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wonderkrishna
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa refused for Husband (passport damage)&Daughters

Post by wonderkrishna » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:45 pm

I am in UK on Tier 4. My visa expires on 30th August 2014.

I wanted my husband and daughters to visit uk for 10 days from 10th August - 20th August. I intended to return to India with them.

Their visa was refused as my husband's passport was damaged. The refusal letter mentioned 'under normal circumstances your application could have been granted but as your passport is damaged we are refusing your application'.

He applied for passport in tatkal in Delhi. As soon as he received his passport, he applied for priority visa service (after vfs delhi took approval from BHC) on 6th August 2014. Now we mentioned travel dates from 17th August - 27th August. We all intend to return to India on 27th August 2014.

Usually priority service provides the decision in 2 working days. We haven't heard from them.

How long they take to respond / process application in priority visa service?

We received sms on 6th evening that our file is forwarded to UKVI. We did not receive any message mentioning that application is under process.

Any advice is appreciated.