ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS DEPENDENT FORM ADVISE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

PBS DEPENDENT FORM ADVISE

Post by s0787671 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Dear friends,

I am up for ILR this year and my wife who has been on a dependent since 2013, will need aPBS extension. We both are looking to take premium service option this time. But if we do the application in same form, we have to shed 2986 pounds.

Is there any other way to save some cash by doing different applications, and can we get it done at the same time or one After the other.

I am eligible from sep 30 this year for ILR and Iam planning on booking for premium day service then. We both have visa till nov 2014. So does that mean I can get the ILR while she is on a PBS dependent visa till Nov 2014 or does my change of visa make her PBS visa null and void.

Do we have set o form for ILR AND flr form my wife pbs dependent.

Please do advise on this ? Best safest option, because it's ridiculous that UK IMMIGRATION IS CHARGING THE SAME COST FOR DEPENDENT PBS visa
Bharat

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application + PBS DEPENDENT FORM ADVISE

Post by CR001 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:25 pm

She should book her pbs extension appointment after yours if applying in person and can be on the same day, both fees payable at the time of booking. She cannot apply on the same form as you because ILR and pbs extension are two different categories.

Alternatively, you can apply for your ILR in person and once received, you could apply for her extension by post or at PEO on a different day.

She can continue on pbs dependent as long as you are not applying for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

If you switch her pbs dependent to FLR(M), her ILR clock will reset and 5 years will start from date of issue of FLR(M).

I think the link below is the form she needs to complete to extend as pbs dependent.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks for the reply..

I have had a look at the form, but it clearly states for tier 1,2,4,5 pbs dependent..

Is it correct for me to state that she needs a PBS extension form, as she is currently on a tier 2 dependent visa with me and as soon as I change to ILR this sep she would still need a pbs extension.

SO on that form what would the fees be, as I dont know which category she would be applying against, is it going to be Tier2 dependent or something else ?
Bharat

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 am

My confusion:

1) I am moving to ILR from Tier 2 this year.
2) My wife has tier 2 dependent visa and will need an extension she hasnt done the 5y term. So technically I dont include her in the same SETO form that I am applying.

SO could the experts suggest the correct form from Tier 2 PBS dependent extension, as the form for pbs externsion specially states that its for depdendent whoes main applicant has a Point based Visa eg: Tier 2, 4,5 etc.

PLEASE GIVE ME AN CONTACT NUMBER FOR UK IMMIGRATION, SO THAT I CAN CALL THEM ASK THEM FOR MORE INFORMATION. THEIR WEBSITE DOESNT STATE THIS CLEARLY.

THANK YOU
Bharat

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:58 am

Could some tell me how long does processing of pbs dependent extension by post .. Take by post, considering its in sep 2014 and common wealth games might be going on?. We have travel booked for nov 3 2014.
Bharat

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:22 pm

The PBS dependent application all the address in UK in last 5years. But I am not sure if its from the time my wife has arrived from India on PBS dependent Visa or is it over all time in UK.

If considered from the time she has received her PBS depedent visa, then it hasnt been 5 years in UK, but as a student she has been here before that and has been in UK for 5years which includes her student visa + Post study visa + PBS dependent visa.

Please advise if I need to mentioned the old address as well before she has received the PBS dependent Visa.
Bharat

chauhansajay
Newly Registered

Post by chauhansajay » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello Bharat,
I am in similar situation like you. I was on Tier-2 ICT for last 5 years, and now I have got ILR, received IRL during end of September 2014. However, my wife joined me in May 2014 who has got "Tier-2 ICT Long term Staff partner" category of Visa. Now, I am planning to extend her visa, and I am not sure which category she would need to apply. I believe you have gone through this so if you are able guide me here that would be much appreciated.
thanks very much for your help.

kannanaa
Newly Registered

Post by kannanaa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi Chauhan,

Even I am in the same situation. I am applying for ILR in two weeks and my wife has "Tier-2 ICT Long term Staff partner" valid for another 2 yrs. Wondering what will happen to her visa if I leave my current company who sponsored that Visa.

I called UKBA to check if her visa will be valid after my ILR processing, They are saying yes. Callde up 3 to 4 times and got same answer.

But in your case, If her visa is expiring, then better get it switched to FLR(M) to avoid this confusion and unwanted risk while crossing borders.

regards,
Arjun

chauhansajay
Newly Registered

Post by chauhansajay » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:49 pm

HI Arjun -
As a rule - your wife is sponsored by you, not by your employer, so once you get the ILR i think that should not impact her visa even if you change the company. After her visa expires, not sure what category the renewal would fall in, which is eventually same situation as mine.

I was told by many people that FLR(M) is not required and she can extend herself in tier2 dependant category.
anyhelp on this would be appreciated guys..
Arjun - What number do you normally call home office at?

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

ILR dependent application

Post by s0787671 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi All,

Current Status: I am the main applicant who obtained ILR visa thru Tier 2 5 years route on Sep 2014.

Dependent: My wife received PBS dependent in Jan 2013 when I was on Tier 2. Now I have read some where that a dependent can apply for ILR using SET M application after completing 2 years in UK as dependent of a person with settled status. So if considered that I received ILR in SEP 2014, she should be valid to apply for ILR in SEP 2016. IS this correct? or does she have to complete 5 years from date she received a dependent visa which would mean she will eligible in Jan 2018.

Please clarify.

Thanks All
Bharat

LR2015

Re: ILR dependent application

Post by LR2015 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:25 pm

s0787671 wrote:Hi All,

Current Status: I am the main applicant who obtained ILR visa thru Tier 2 5 years route on Sep 2014.

Dependent: My wife received PBS dependent in Jan 2013 when I was on Tier 2. Now I have read some where that a dependent can apply for ILR using SET M application after completing 2 years in UK as dependent of a person with settled status. So if considered that I received ILR in SEP 2014, she should be valid to apply for ILR in SEP 2016. IS this correct? or does she have to complete 5 years from date she received a dependent visa which would mean she will eligible in Jan 2018.

Please clarify.

Thanks All
Hi,
I think these threads below can help you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1247691
and
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 95499.html

s0787671
United Arab Emirates

Post by s0787671 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:26 pm

HI LR15,

I have checked these but, didint fine relevant information. MY question is based on fact that set M applicantion states a depedent of a settled person ie: ILR holder is required to do 2years as the persons dependent before aplying for ILR. Now is this true in our case where in my wife received her PBS Visa in Jan 2013 and it was extended for 3 more years in 2014 when I got my ILR visa. now according to the form she can apply for ILR after 2 years? which is sep 2016?

or else to complete 5 years she has to wait till 2018 to get ILR.

SO please clarrify this ..

Thanks
Bharat

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:22 pm

s0787671 wrote:to complete 5 years she has to wait till 2018 to get ILR.
is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.