ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help.Family visitor visa- daughter and her sons refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aaree22
Newly Registered

Pls help.Family visitor visa- daughter and her sons refused

Post by aaree22 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:17 pm

My wife and I are Permanent residents of UK.
I came here in 2008 and my wife joined me in December 2010.
My only child my daughter applied for family visit visa to meet us, as we have not met for three and half years, together with her two sons age two and one on 17th of July.
She submitted following documents :

From our side :
1. Six months Payslips and Bank statement showing £26,000
2.Sponsorship letter and invitation letter
3.Proof of accommodation

From her side :
1. Marriage Certificate and other ID documents showing family ties.
2. Bank statement of her husband but unfortunately not enough balance in it. Monthly salary is Pak Rs34,000
She did not submit her bank statement as there was no enough money in it. Besides, she is a housewife and does not work.
She can't work as children too small.
3. She does have a car worth Pak Rs 1,200,000 and submitted copy of registration. She actually took the original registration and showed to gerry's staff. They kept the copy and returned the original.

I received a call for verification on 24th July and lady said this is an interview. She asked me how much money I have spared for them and I said £5000 during their four and half months stay here in London. I was of the impression that since I am sponsoring her so money in her account or her husband account does not matter.

But today her visa and her sons visa was refused and it was for financial reasons.

Her visa was first refused in 2007 as she was just above 18 and we wanted her to come here with us as dependent. We did not hid this fact and mentioned in the application.

My question :

If she re-apply

She sell her car and put all the money into her account and show where the money has come from.
Do you think that would be acceptable as fresh evidence of finance ?

Any other suggestion please.
My wife started crying after hearing about refusal because she was really thinking she can eventually meet our daughter and two cute grandsons.
My daughter did not apply earlier because she wanted her sons to enjoy their trip to London and have some good memory. Her elder sons is two years and 10 months and younger is one and half.

And strange thing she did not receive any refusal letter in her envelope and it was just her passport.
Her elder sons got all the documents back and refusal letter in his envelope.
Youngest got just refusal letter in his envelope.

Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pls help.Family visitor visa- daughter and her sons refu

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Address the issues if refusal and reapply. The issues appears whether your daughter has a job in her home Country that would ensure she returned, considering you applied for her settlement visa previously.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:13 am

Selling a car she previously considered a tie to the country is not going to be a good reason to return.

I don't see an easy way to address it.

If the kids were staying behind that might be more persuasive - but it sounds like the reason for the visit is to meet them.

I would suggest considering going to her as it's that important to your wife.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:40 pm

can you post the exact texts of the refusal letter?

aaree22
Newly Registered

Post by aaree22 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:51 pm

Amber

I was probably wrong in judging the reason of refusal. i.e purely financial. After receiving following from my daughter there could have been number of reasons.

Notice Of Immigration Decision
In compliance with the immigration (notices regulation 2003 made under section 105 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum act 2002.
Refusal of entry clearance

Post reference: ABU DHABI/1250443
To:Sharjeel
Date of birth:3/10/2011 Nationality: Pakistan

Your Application
you have applied for an entry clearance to visit the united Kingdom for four months and twenty
days. I have considered your application under paragraph 46A of the united kingdom immigration
Rule. you can read these rules at.
http://www.gov.uk/government/collection ... ion-rules/
Guidance that explain the types of documents which, in addition to the application form, might give
a visa applicant the best opportunity to show that their circumstances are as they have set out is
available at:
http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... documents/
In assessing your individual applicant, it has not been necessary to interview you, but I have taken
account of:
. the financial and employment information as declared by you on your application form
. your passport and travel history,
. your family circumstances and
. the supporting documents provided,
I have used all the information provided by you to determine if the rules have been met. in reaching
my decision ,which has been made on the balance of probabilities' note the following points.
The Decision:
You have applied for a visa along with your mother. i note that her visa application has been
refused. As she is no longer travelling to the UK and no other reason for your travel without her
has been put forward. I am not satisfied as to your intention in wishing to travel to the UK as a
child visitor. That you intend to leave at the end of your proposed visit or that suitable
arrangements are in place for your travel to reception and care in the UK. 46(1)(2)(4).
I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied ,on the balance of probabilities
that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph(s) of the UK.
Rate of exchange £1=PKR 167(reference www.oanda.com. on 31/07/2014)
your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(C) of the nationality,
immigration and asylum act 2002(www.legislation gov.uk)
Entry clearance officer: MSJ
Date of refusal: 31/07/2014
Date sent applicant:
How sent: Visa application centre
if notice personally handed to you by and entry clearance officer. Please sign below:
unquote

This was addressed to her child who is two years old.

Yes this has always been the option to visit them in their home country.

But I can't get more than two weeks leave. My wife can definitely stay longer. But it was not only meeting us but we wanted them to spend quality time with us, see the london and it's attraction.

Amber

Is there anyway that we invite only Sharjeel to visit us. I mean one of us can go and accompany him and after 4-5 months take him back ?

Regards,
Shafique

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 pm

That's a pretty generic response letter ... you need to find out the reasons for the refusal of the mother.

She should be receiving a letter in the next day or so (although it should have come with the passport) - and if she doesn't - she needs to contact them to find out why not.

Assuming Sharjeel is the 3 year old ... For the child to visit on their own would involve a lot of permission giving from the parents (certified affidavits - translated into English and re-certified for a start) and quite a lot of questions at the border. I would also be rather hesitant to take on a 3 year old to a country where they aren't learning the language and they don't have a bond with their caregivers for that length of time - but that's my personal opinion.