ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eligibility of dependant for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muks1311
Newly Registered

eligibility of dependant for ILR

Post by muks1311 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:31 am

Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ILR in March 2015. I am on tier 1(general) and eligible for ILR.But I am not sure about my wife whether she is eligible or not. my wife is in UK since 19 Sep 2009. we got married in dec 2011, and she got dependant visa on 11/07/13. immigration website says
' they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012'.
can anyone please give me more clarity on above immigration sentence? definately she does not qualify for 2 years as she applied for dependant after 9 july 2012. does she ness to be in UK for five years as dependant or 5 yeras in UK on any visa? (visas she held: Student + PSW + dependant).
Any help will be appriciated.
Many Thanks
Mukesh

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: eligibility of dependant for ILR

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 am

5 years as a PBS dep I'm afraid, she can extend on https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf until eligible.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:41 am

Can you please provide me the link where it states about 2 years and 5 years.

they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012'.

muks1311 wrote:Hi All,
I am planning to apply for ILR in March 2015. I am on tier 1(general) and eligible for ILR.But I am not sure about my wife whether she is eligible or not. my wife is in UK since 19 Sep 2009. we got married in dec 2011, and she got dependant visa on 11/07/13. immigration website says
' they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012'.
can anyone please give me more clarity on above immigration sentence? definately she does not qualify for 2 years as she applied for dependant after 9 july 2012. does she ness to be in UK for five years as dependant or 5 yeras in UK on any visa? (visas she held: Student + PSW + dependant).
Any help will be appriciated.
Many Thanks
Mukesh

muks1311
Newly Registered

Post by muks1311 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 pm

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... -1-general
check this link out and scroll down to Family members (dependants)>Eligibility for partners.
I really appreciate your efforts.
Many Thanks