ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Residence Card - re-entry without partner?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EEA Residence Card - re-entry without partner?

Post by 1878 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi

My wife will need to go back to her home country outside the EU for a period and she will travel and return alone.

She has a EEA Residence card. Can she enter the UK with this by herself? Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Residence Card - re-entry without partner?

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Yes she can. However, on return she can be asked about you & your activities. As a precaution, keep on your phone on the flight day or if possible be available on airport (although its not necessary).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

CesarBB29

Post by CesarBB29 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:02 pm

I have left and entered the country on different occasions in which my partner was not with me.

I was just annoyed when they asked questions such as " how did you get this residence card? ; where do you and your partner live? is your partner working here?

Annoyed because it makes me question how unwelcoming they can be to us who are returning home. nonetheless, here is our country of residence and there is absolutely nothing they can do to your Non- EEa partner.

Rest Assured.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 am

As others have said -- yes, she can. I routinely re-enter the UK without my spouse. They may ask a few questions, but legally they must be limited to only those necessary to verify that the person presenting the document is the person on the document. That's it. I'm often asked "where is your EEA spouse?" to which I normally reply "I assume she's at home in bed since it's 6am on a Saturday."

Also, she can (and should) use the EU/EEA queue, does not need to complete a landing card, and her passport cannot be stamped.

Post by 1878 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 am

Great news - thanks all!