ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about FMRS and EEA1-2 procedure

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

szabcsee
Newly Registered

Question about FMRS and EEA1-2 procedure

Post by szabcsee » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:51 pm

Hello Forum Members,

I have been writing here for a while but it seems there is always something coming up regarding our FMRS just to keep us excited. I (Hungarian) already registered with WRS in Febr. and my wife (Venezuelan) put in the FMRS app. in March. She got a job in May. Somehow they did not understand her situation however when they recruited her, they called the home office. Anyway after the employers letter, the Home Office was so kind they sent back our passport already at the end of July however it was due in the middle of Sept. (the employer sent them a letter coz they want to have my wife as a permanent employee) Now it's time for the employer to take my wife from the Agency as they kept her temporary as they were unsure about her situation. The employer got scared that my wife only got the FMRStamp until March 2008 (which is one month after I will complete the 1 year continous employment) still worried about the whole stuff and the agency's staff looks they never ever heard about any UK Immigration regulation so far. I just want to ask if I'm right that this is normal procedure. We can work and do anything until Febr. 2008 when i have to put in my EEA1 app. for permanent residency and after (how long does it take?) my wife can hand in her EEA2 (which is normally how long for?). How long does the EEA2 takes?
Thanks for your help in advance.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:15 am

We can work and do anything until Febr. 2008 when i have to put in my EEA1 app. for permanent residency and after (how long does it take?) my wife can hand in her EEA2 (which is normally how long for?). How long does the EEA2 takes?
Actually the EEA1 is not for PR ... it is merely for a Residence Card. You need 5 years in the UK before being able to get PR .... but you are allowed to count the one year on WRS in calculating the 5 year period.

You need to appreciate that the documents being issued after the EEA1 and EEA2 applications are submitted are merely confirmatory. They will not actually give you any more rights. It could take up to 6 months for the applications to be dealt with. But you will be pleased to know that after the applications are submitted you will each be issued with a letter confirming your respective abilities to work, even before they deal with the applications. So there is no particular need to worry about the delay in dealing with the applications.
John

luckyredrose
Newly Registered

Re: Question about FMRS and EEA1-2 procedure

Post by luckyredrose » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:18 am

szabcsee wrote:Hello Forum Members,

I have been writing here for a while but it seems there is always something coming up regarding our FMRS just to keep us excited. I (Hungarian) already registered with WRS in Febr. and my wife (Venezuelan) put in the FMRS app. in March. She got a job in May. Somehow they did not understand her situation however when they recruited her, they called the home office. Anyway after the employers letter, the Home Office was so kind they sent back our passport already at the end of July however it was due in the middle of Sept. (the employer sent them a letter coz they want to have my wife as a permanent employee) Now it's time for the employer to take my wife from the Agency as they kept her temporary as they were unsure about her situation. The employer got scared that my wife only got the FMRStamp until March 2008 (which is one month after I will complete the 1 year continous employment) still worried about the whole stuff and the agency's staff looks they never ever heard about any UK Immigration regulation so far. I just want to ask if I'm right that this is normal procedure. We can work and do anything until Febr. 2008 when i have to put in my EEA1 app. for permanent residency and after (how long does it take?) my wife can hand in her EEA2 (which is normally how long for?). How long does the EEA2 takes?
Thanks for your help in advance.

In my case it was 8 months after we have filed EEA2 application.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am

I can believe it! Even though EU law says that member states are allowed to take a maximum of 6 months.
John