ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Documentation

Post by sonub4ualt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi All,

We are a couple both on ILR with one child (British). My wife is currently pregnant and expecting a baby sometime in Dec'14. We are thinking of calling my sister-in-law (wife's sister) from India to help us get through the stage of maternity for about a month or two. She has got a school going child (7 year old girl).

1. The problem is we are living in a two bed room flat, which is sufficient for our family, but when we send an invite would the ECO raise a question about her accommodation, as she will be arriving with her daughter and there will be an issue with overcrowding.
2. What kind of documentation is required, as the relationship proof has some discrepency. There is a change in mother's name in the passport. ex: first name Nausheen, but in my in-law's passport its Nausheem will that create a problem.
3. How much funds (for both of us to show) are required to call them on a family visitor visa, as my wife is claiming HB, Child tax Credit, and child benefit will it be a problem to show maintenance.
4. Is it better to call them on a visitor visa rather than family visit.

Ur suggestions are really appreciated

Thanks
Sonu

OtherStuff
Newly Registered

Re: Documentation

Post by OtherStuff » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:56 am

Hi Sonu

I have a similar situation where my father's name is slightly different to his given name in the passport. Could you please let me know what did you do ?

Thanks in advance

Rayking

Re: Documentation

Post by Rayking » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:15 pm

There won't be an issue with overcrowding if your sister's child is still under 1-9 I think. One room for you and 1 for her and the child should be fine.
It's your wife's sister and that's family visit to get right of appeal.
What you have in your account isn't gonna be an issue but what she does from her home country, they wanna know if she's self sufficient, working and getting enough salary, got business? Property and all that.Everything to show that if she comes,she will go back within stated time and proving it with documents.
Telling them she will go back wouldn't solve it, but documents.