ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK ILR needing to travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk_2011

Child born in UK ILR needing to travel

Post by rk_2011 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:31 am

I qualify for ILR on 14 December 2014 with 5-years of TIer-2. I will be applying in-person. My daughter was born in the UK and currently a Tier-2 dependent. I will exclude her from our ILR application and wish to register her as BC and apply for her new passport. However, I have travel plans in christmas 2014. In this given scenario, will my daughter be able to travel outside the country and come back on her Tier-2 dependent visa, with me and my spouse having moved to ILR?

Can I get some advice on how I should process my daughter's application once we have received our ILRs, so she can travel asap? Given processing timelines, what in your opinon is the earliest she can travel, following receipt of our ILRs?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Child born in UK ILR needing to travel

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:04 pm

You daughter will not be a British Citizen after you have obtained ILR. There is a process to be followed, unless and until that process is successful, she will not be a British.

If her current leave will be extant up to the point of your return, then fine, otherwise she will reasonably be refused to board the return flight of your journey.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rk_2011

Post by rk_2011 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks. So just to confirm again, even though we would have moved to ILR, she will be able to return on her Tier-2 dependent visa and biometric card. As long as her tier-2 dependent is still valid and has not expired.

MN1_BP
Newly Registered

Post by MN1_BP » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:33 am

Hi rk_2011,

if you are travelled already, can you please share your experience ?

Thanks in Advance