ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LIFE1020
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by LIFE1020 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Dear All

I hope somebody will be able to help me here

I am completing my 10 years for ILR on 02 Jan 2015 and can apply on 04 Dec 2014, but I have to travel urgently and can't wait that long, actually I have already completed my 10 years continuous residence now but if I apply right now then my total number of days outside of the UK are 32 days more than the limit of 540 days = 572 days outside UK.
So for this reason I am waiting till Dec then my days will be 532, but as explained above I have to travel, is there any advise/guidance any of you seniors please can give me, so that I can send my application 'Right Now as soon as possible' despite of waiting till December, my current leave to remain expires in Dec 2015
Please help me, Looking forward eagerly for responses.

Regards

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:16 pm

migrant80 wrote:i have received my brp approval letter and LIUK certificate on 6/08 which i was sent with my set lr form .
i haven't received my passport degree etc which i was submitted with my original tier 1 ent application (i was varied into set lr).
i call HO but didn't get any help as the HO agent didn't know anything.
should i make an online request for return of documents or is there any other option available?
kind regards

Hi migrant
If you have already apply for tier1 and now apply
For set ILR you fill the form and write a cover letter
In cover letter mention Refrence number of tier1
And case Id and explain all the satuation that I vary my tier 1 application to ILR I send my ILR application to HO already like that.
If u have any question plz write to me

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Guys,

Quick query, My 10 years period will be completed on the 7th of Oct 2014. However, as per rules I can apply 28 days prior to 7th Oct.
I want to post my docs asap so what is the earliest date to post my application in order to reach HO in 28days period?

Many thanks
Hi
U r eligible to post u r ILR on 9 or 10 September and onward
Up to u

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 pm

dear friends,
i have just joined this board,

i am going to apply for my ilr 10 yrs long residence in oct. i have one question if someone can give me info about it please
it will be great help
* FROM WHICH DATE I SHOULD COUNT 10 YEARS, ARRIVAL DATE OR THE DATE ON THE VISA?
there is 10 days difference between them.
regards

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:28 pm

meghankit wrote:dear friends,

i am going to apply for my ilr 10 yrs long residence in oct. i have one question if someone can give me info about it please
it will be great help
* FROM WHICH DATE I SHOULD COUNT 10 YEARS, ARRIVAL DATE OR THE DATE ON THE VISA?
regards
Hi
In my opinion it is date of arrival bcz 10 year status is legally live in uk for10 years

Shah jee is the best person to answer on the board
So please double check it

LIFE1020
Newly Registered

Post by LIFE1020 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi All

Please Shahjee1234 help pl

.. I am completing my 10 years for ILR on 02 Jan 2015 and can apply on 04 Dec 2014, but I have to travel urgently and can't wait that long, actually I have already completed my 10 years continuous residence now but if I apply right now then my total number of days outside of the UK are 32 days more than the limit of 540 days = 572 days outside UK.
So for this reason I am waiting till Dec then my days will be 532, but as explained above I have to travel, is there any advise/guidance any of you seniors please can give me, so that I can send my application 'Right Now as soon as possible' despite of waiting till December, my current leave to remain expires in Dec 2015
Please help me, Looking forward eagerly for responses.

Regards

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 pm

dear siko,
thank you for quick reply

shah jee or anyone with more info, if possible please guide us

regards

Channa
Newly Registered

Post by Channa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi All,

I’m completing my lawful 10 years in October 2014. Currently I am on a student visa, which expires in 25 January 2015. My question is that when I am applying for my ILR in October do I have to send a separate FLR application for my wife at the same time? Or can she apply for the FLR once I have got my ILR (assuming I will get my ILR before 25/01/2015)? I’m not sure whether this question has been answered before, if so I do apologise. Your advice is much appreciated!

Regards

Channa
Last edited by Channa on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Siko wrote:
migrant80 wrote:i have received my brp approval letter and LIUK certificate on 6/08 which i was sent with my set lr form .
i haven't received my passport degree etc which i was submitted with my original tier 1 ent application (i was varied into set lr).
should i make an online request for return of documents or is there any other option available?
kind regards

Hi migrant
And case Id and explain all the satuation that I vary my tier 1 application to ILR I send my ILR application to HO already like that.
Hi Siko,
Please understand the question before you answer, you are mixing him up.
Migrant80 have already received his ILR through SET(LR), his question is he hasn't received his passports and degree etc that he send with his initial Tier1 application that he later varied to SET(LR), so what is the way forward ?
Answer to that is if you have already spoken to the customer advisor and they are not of any help, than please fill in the online form for return of documents, and hopefully that will sort it out.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Siko

Post by Siko » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:38 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Siko wrote:
kind regards

Hi migrant
Hi Siko,
Please understand the question before you answer, you are mixing him up.
Migrant80 have already received his ILR through SET(LR), his question is he hasn't received his passports and degree etc that he send with his initial Tier1 application that he later varied to SET(LR), so what is the way forward ?
Answer to that is if you have already spoken to the customer advisor and they are not of any help, than please fill in the online form for return of documents, and hopefully that will sort it out.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Ok shah jee sorry for that

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Siko wrote:
meghankit wrote:dear friends,

it will be great help
regards
Hi
In my opinion it is date of arrival bcz 10 year status is legally live in uk for10 years

Shah jee is the best person to answer on the board
So please double check it
I fully agree with Siko, that will be date of arrival. Siko is spot on.
Kind regards
Shahjee

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Re: Time Line for SET (LR) 10yrs Application

Post by rashenikki » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi Shahjee,

Thanks for your reply.

can i update this with my timeline or who does?

Regards,
Nikki

[/quote]

Hi Nikki,
Looks like you are new to the forum. You can check every one's time lines on google drive. The link to the page is

you can check on google drive how it's going. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Channa wrote:Hi All,

I’m completing my lawful 10 years in October 2014. Currently I am on a student visa, which expires in 25 January 2015. My question is that when I am applying for my ILR in October do I have to send a separate FLR application for my wife at the same time? Or can she apply for the FLR once I have got my ILR (assuming I will get my ILR before 25/01/2015)? I’m not sure whether this question has been answered before, if so I do apologise. Your advice is much appreciated!

Regards

Channa
Hi Channa,
You can ask a question as many times as you like, it is not a problem at all, there are many helpful members here to give you answers.
Regards to your case, your Mrs doesn't need to apply with you, she can wait for your ILR to come through. But looking at the present time lines, you will be very lucky to have received your ILR by than. Presently cases are taking almost 16-20 weeks, obviously depends case to case. But you should be well prepared to send your Mrs FLR(M) closer to her expiry of visa, and see if you receive your ILR by than, that will be ideal, if not than you have to write a covering letter along to inform the Home Office that although she is applying, but you want the Home Office to hold the decision on her case until the main sponsor (Your) case is decided. And that way Home Office will connect her case with your, and once your receive your ILR, they will decide her case in the light of your cases decision and will send you the result, or in the mean while when your receive your ILR decision you send them a copy of your Present passport and BRP and approval letter, just to further support your wife case.
Please make sure to keep copies of all your passports and visas and BRP card just in case if you have to send your wife application for FLR(M) and your ILR have still not arrived than you will need supporting documents.
I hope it helps. All the best with your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Re: Time Line for SET (LR) 10yrs Application

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:04 pm

rashenikki wrote:Hi Shahjee,

Thanks for your reply.

can i update this with my timeline or who does?

Regards,
Nikki
Hi Nikki,
Looks like you are new to the forum. You can check every one's time lines on google drive. The link to the page is

you can check on google drive how it's going. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote][/quote]

Hi Nikki,
I am really sorry I haven't got access to the google drive, but if you give a request in here, and let us know about your time line, some kind member will definitely update it for you. Thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Channa
Newly Registered

Post by Channa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:29 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Channa wrote:Hi All,

Regards

Channa
Hi Channa,
You can ask a question as many times as you like, it is not a problem at all, there are many helpful members here to give you answers.
Regards to your case, your Mrs doesn't need to apply with you, she can wait for your ILR to come through. But looking at the present time lines, you will be very lucky to have received your ILR by than. Presently cases are taking almost 16-20 weeks, obviously depends case to case. But you should be well prepared to send your Mrs FLR(M) closer to her expiry of visa, and see if you receive your ILR by than, that will be ideal, if not than you have to write a covering letter along to inform the Home Office that although she is applying, but you want the Home Office to hold the decision on her case until the main sponsor (Your) case is decided. And that way Home Office will connect her case with your, and once your receive your ILR, they will decide her case in the light of your cases decision and will send you the result, or in the mean while when your receive your ILR decision you send them a copy of your Present passport and BRP and approval letter, just to further support your wife case.
Please make sure to keep copies of all your passports and visas and BRP card just in case if you have to send your wife application for FLR(M) and your ILR have still not arrived than you will need supporting documents.
I hope it helps. All the best with your applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Dear Shahjee,

Thank you very much indeed for your quick and much needed advice. As you mentioned its looks unlikely that i will get my ILR before 25/01. Anyways as you advised I will apply her FLR with a reference if i did not get my ILR on time. My wife completes her 10 years in 2017 and once she get the spouse visa for 2.5 years its very likely that she will be short of few months to complete her lawful 10 years, so rather than applying for another 2.5 years, is there anyway of getting ILR for her?
to give you a brief overview of her immigration history;
She first came to uk in sep 2007 as a student, then she switched to PSW after completing her studies. Then in 2010 November she switched to my depended visa (I was on PSW at the time). then in 2012 January i switched to student visa and she became my student dependent.

Thanks and Much appreciated!!

Regards

Channa

malik15

Post by malik15 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I got my ILR on 29 July and am still waiting for wife's FLR(M).

I want to apply for my son's MN1 but as I don't have my wife's passport I can't.

Is there anyone in similar situation: got ILR and waiting for partner's FLR(M)?

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:08 pm

malik15 wrote:Hi all,

I got my ILR on 29 July and am still waiting for wife's FLR(M).

I want to apply for my son's MN1 but as I don't have my wife's passport I can't.

Is there anyone in similar situation: got ILR and waiting for partner's FLR(M)?
Hi

usually they link cases but if u didn't received yet then you can send them copy of ur passport current all pages older passport's visa pages,BRP photocopy and approval letter visa copy.That's what i send i received my wife visa next day,but i think that was l;inked it can't be so quick,but u send all these documents with letter saying process ur wife visa as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:23 pm

thanx for your valueable advice shahgee.

So if i am i right , for ten year basis there is no hard rules whether any one have been on flrm or any other status.In our case my wife will be 35 days short for her ten years so can she apply for flr (m ) first on the same day appointment and then in months time send application for set lr.

you advice will be appreciated

Regards
Shahsahab

Thisismyusername
Newly Registered

Post by Thisismyusername » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi, My application was sent on the 17th of june and I need it by the 7th of September. Do you think it is possible to have it by then because I don't want to pay international fees for university.
Thank you

Sanju2014
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju2014 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi,
I am a silent reader of this forum. Just to let you all know my wife's ILR (SET LR) has been approved. Her timeline is,
Applied: 04/04/2014
Acknowledgement: 08/04/2014
Bio received: 16/04/2014
Bio done: 24/04/2014
Approval: 07/08/2014
Documents received:11/08/2014
Brp: waiting

My time line also same but I haven't received mine yet SET (LR).
Please guys pray for me and my prayers are with all who is waiting for their approvals.
Good luck.

Regard's
Sanju2014

timmoo
Newly Registered

Post by timmoo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Babz wrote:
timmoo wrote:Dear All,

Currently I am on Tier-2 visa and my wife is on Tier-2 dependent visa. I complete my 10 years in UK on 11 Sep 2014, and my wife will complete 10 years on 29 Nov 2014 (she came about 1.5 months later to UK):-

1) Should I wait for my wife to complete her 10 years and then we apply for ILR same time, or is it okay for me to apply earlier (and her to apply in few weeks time)?
2) What documentation is required for Set(LR) application (we have all our previous passports with us)?
3) Thirdly, the application asks about the date of travels (in/out) of UK. Are we just required to put dates there, or do we also need to include any additional relevant documentation?

Many thanks in advance.
Well, regarding your ILR application, I'll advice you apply asap,any time from 14/08/14, which is 28 days to your arrival date. Why? HO is so unpredictable. How would you feel if the category was abolished ,say, next week?...So there's no point waiting for your wife to complete her 10 years before apply.

Since you have all your passports containing your visa stamps, that should do. And make sure you include your test of english lang and life in the UK test certs.

Regarding the dates of travel, the dates should be fine.No point including any additional documents
...All the best
Dear Babz,

Many thanks for the advice. I have already taken LIUK test, and have UK Masters degree to cover English language test, so I am all ready to apply end of this week.

Just to clarify if I understood correctly, sending my ILR application now will have no effect on my wife's situation (being my Tier-2 dependent). She would still be able to apply in Nov 2014 (i.e. when she completes her 10 years) ?

Kind regards,
Timmoo

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 pm

shahsahab wrote:thanx for your valueable advice shahgee.

So if i am i right , for ten year basis there is no hard rules whether any one have been on flrm or any other status.In our case my wife will be 35 days short for her ten years so can she apply for flr (m ) first on the same day appointment and then in months time send application for set lr.

you advice will be appreciated

Regards
Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Yes you are right for 10 years long residency there is no hard and fast rule, you can be on any visa as far as your stay is legal.
Now some thing important you say that your Mrs will be 35 days short of her 10 years, what do you mean by that. Could you please tell me the dates that her visa and your visa dates as well, I am asking because why would you waste money by applying FLR(M) on the same day and get that and after a month apply for her SET(M). If it is just a case of killing 35 days than there is way that saves you the money that you will spend on FLR(M), and that is rather than you apply for her to get FLR(M) at a PEO appointment, why don't you send it through post, and the time line for that is at least 2-3 months, and by the time they deduct the fee, and send her biometric appointment, and she does her biometric that 35 days would pass, and than what you can do is fill SET(LR) application for your wife and send it to the Home Office with a covering letter that she want to vary her initial application to that of SET(LR). And after that, every thing is hunky dory. Your wife will be refunded her fee back for the FLR(M), if not she could always chase it.
Let's see if that is the case, I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:55 pm

hello shahjee and others,
can resealable plastic bags can be used with set lr application to attach photographs, like below:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=resea ... B369%3B255

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi all members
Can some one help me out plz
I was granted ILR on 10 years in April and my wife was granted 2 years spouse visa in April 14 In old rules as she is here with me from last 7 years as student dependent so I want to apply my wife ILR as she already has passed 2 year period
I am confused as I went to a very well known solicitor who told me that she can't apply ILR and must need to wait end of two years as she was student dependent not tier 1 or tier 2 dependent so I double minded and don't want to lost money in shape of refusal
any one student has applied wife's ILR on same ground or situation or any senior Member plz shed on this and help me
Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:17 pm

cool mind wrote:hello shahjee and others,
can resealable plastic bags can be used with set lr application to attach photographs, like below:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=resea ... B369%3B255
not sure to be honest but the guidelines state:

You must provide two recent identical photographs of yourself with your full name on the back of
each one. Please place the photographs in a small sealed envelope, together with those of any
dependants included in section F, and attach it across this space with a staple or paper clip at the
right-hand side of the page/envelope.

I guess go with the flow i.e. use a standard sealable envelope