ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP - cannot make police report in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sues1
Newly Registered

Lost BRP - cannot make police report in the UK

Post by sues1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi,
I have a question and I hope someone can help me. My purse was stolen when I was on a business trip in China and my BRP was in it. I returned to UK the next day and was lucky to be permitted back in the country. The BRP form stated that I have to make a police report but when I called the police, they said I cannot make a report through them as I lost the item overseas. What do I do in this case since the form asked for a police reference number?

Thank you,
Sue

riz1986

Re: Lost BRP - cannot make police report in the UK

Post by riz1986 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Just put all the above details in the form.Attached the copy of ur lost BRP and hopefully u shld be okay :)

sues1
Newly Registered

Re: Lost BRP - cannot make police report in the UK

Post by sues1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:24 pm

[quote="riz1986"]Just put all the above details in the form.Attached the copy of ur lost BRP and hopefully u shld be okay :)[/quote]
Thank you for our assurance. I will do that.
:)