ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IShahzad
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by IShahzad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:26 pm

jacki121 wrote:
IShahzad wrote:Alhamdulillah
A quick post
I have received my biometric card today
Applied on 28th march
Did not received any approval letter or any documents yet
Received card first today
Thanks to all members here as well

Hello and congrats to you.

One question if you could answer plz;

did the normal royal mail deliver your biometric or DX?

Thanks

Normal delivery

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:27 pm

A quick post
Applied on 28th march
Congrates IShahzad, enjoy your freedom mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

jacki121
Newly Registered

Post by jacki121 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
jacki121 wrote:Hi Guys

I am wondering does the normal royal post deliver the BRP or the DX?

I am still waiting and dont know which courier will deliver it?!!

thanks
Hi jacki121,
DX is suppose to deliver your BRP, but obviously depends as and when they receive it from the Home Office. Why don't you give them a call and ask that you are expecting a BRP card from Home Office and that you don't have a reference number for them, they will ask for your name and address and check it for you, if there is any thing for you. The numbers for them are
08443710000 and 08443713335
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Hi Shahjee,

Thanks for the information,

i phoned them up and DX told me they have my BRP and arranged to be delivered on thursday!!!

thanks again.

jacki121
Newly Registered

Post by jacki121 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:40 pm

IShahzad wrote:
jacki121 wrote:
A quick post
Applied on 28th march

Hello and congrats to you.

One question if you could answer plz;

did the normal royal mail deliver your biometric or DX?

Thanks

Normal delivery

thats great

tahnk you and best of luck to you.

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanx shahgee for you kindness

Yes that is the case actually. You r right i can save money by doing that. Can u plz tell me the procedure to vey the application. As you said fill the new set (lr) and attach covering letter, do we need to mention the old ref no of flrm are they will locate that themself.And the only reason i worried is what if they send us brp invitation in first 10 days and then we ll have to do that in 14 days.And once we do brp can we very her application. Because friend of mine got decsion in 6 days after he did his brp. I mean these are the confusions. And then plus what i need to write in covering letter is there any standard letter available. Its bit tricky.Shahgee can u plz help me with this.Will be grateful.

Jazakallah

Regards

Shahsahab

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 pm

shahsahab wrote:Thanx shahgee for you kindness

Yes that is the case actually. You r right i can save money by doing that. Can u plz tell me the procedure to vey the application. As you said fill the new set (lr) and attach covering letter, do we need to mention the old ref no of flrm are they will locate that themself.And the only reason i worried is what if they send us brp invitation in first 10 days and then we ll have to do that in 14 days.And once we do brp can we very her application. Because friend of mine got decsion in 6 days after he did his brp. I mean these are the confusions. And then plus what i need to write in covering letter is there any standard letter available. Its bit tricky.Shahgee can u plz help me with this.Will be grateful.

Jazakallah

Regards

Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Not to worry we are here to help you with every thing, I am a bit caught up some where right now, but wait for my PM and we discuss it further there ok.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:56 pm

jacki121 wrote:
Hi Shahjee,

Thanks for the information,

i phoned them up and DX told me they have my BRP and arranged to be delivered on thursday!!!

thanks again.
That is great, good to know its on the way.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Jazakallah shahgee,

Waiting for your pm

Regards

Shahsahab

Simroz
Newly Registered

Post by Simroz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I am the silent member of this forum.#My husband has applied ILR on 10 year basis on 30th March.
Today we call home office and they said they have posted something using Royal mail.
I am wondering what it can be?
They gave us royal mail tracking number but its showing nothing.
Do you have idea how long does it take for royal mail to deliver post?

I cant wait anymore..feeling so anxious :roll:

Wonderheart
Newly Registered

Post by Wonderheart » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi Simoz

You can call DX tracking service ask if they have anything to be delivered to you. They will only ask you post code and name. If they have something it may mean that your ID card is on the way and and your application is successful.
I hope you get a the answer you wishing for.

Kind Regards

Simroz
Newly Registered

Post by Simroz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Wonderheart wrote:Hi Simoz

You can call DX tracking service ask if they have anything to be delivered to you. They will only ask you post code and name. If they have something it may mean that your ID card is on the way and and your application is successful.

Kind Regards

I called DX and they have nothing for us.Its coming via Royal mail.Does it mean our application is unsuccessful ??

LIFE1020
Newly Registered

Post by LIFE1020 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi All

Shahjee please advise, I am still waiting to hear any replies
Please, it's very urgent Shahjee

.. I am completing my 10 years for ILR on 02 Jan 2015 and can apply on 04 Dec 2014, but I have to travel urgently and can't wait that long, actually I have already completed my 10 years continuous residence now but if I apply right now then my total number of days outside of the UK are 32 days more than the limit of 540 days = 572 days outside UK.
So for this reason I am waiting till Dec then my days will be 532, but as explained above I have to travel, is there any advise/guidance any of you seniors please can give me, so that I can send my application 'Right Now as soon as possible' despite of waiting till December, my current leave to remain expires in Dec 2015
Please help me, Looking forward eagerly for responses.

Regards

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Home office send 2nd class which you can not track until you received.
I believe your decision is on the way .
Simroz wrote:Hi everyone,

I am the silent member of this forum.#My husband has applied ILR on 10 year basis on 30th March.
Today we call home office and they said they have posted something using Royal mail.
I am wondering what it can be?
They gave us royal mail tracking number but its showing nothing.
Do you have idea how long does it take for royal mail to deliver post?

I cant wait anymore..feeling so anxious :roll:

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:53 pm

@simroze
i believe the application is successful based on the guess because its march applicants turn. Congratulations in advance. Do not worry about brp it can take 7-10 days.
@shahkaram & field drive
never ridicule the immigration query even it looks minor as in now a days immigration is like freedom fight dated back to 1947 :lol:

@shahjee
thanks

Wonderheart
Newly Registered

Post by Wonderheart » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am also one of the silent reader of this forum and want to thank everyone it was very helpful to submit my Set(LR) myself.
Today I received my documents back and I got the ILR. My timelines are:

Application send: 31/03/2014
Acknowl received: 07/04/2014
Biometric received: 09/04/2014
Biometric recorded: 12/04/2014
Approval date: 11/08/2014

Now I need to bring my husband and daughter to the UK. My husband was a student here and his visa expired last Oct so he had to leave the country with my daughter who was born here.
I am currently on maternity leave so I don't qualify the financial requirement to make FLR(M) application. What other options do I have? Please kindly advice me.

It is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Simroz
Newly Registered

Post by Simroz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:02 pm

thanks everyone for your quick reply and reassurance :D

Simroz
Newly Registered

Post by Simroz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Wonderheart wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am also one of the silent reader of this forum and want to thank everyone it was very helpful to submit my Set(LR) myself.
Today I received my documents back and I got the ILR. My timelines are:

Application send: 31/03/2014
Acknowl received: 07/04/2014
Biometric received: 09/04/2014
Biometric recorded: 12/04/2014
Approval date: 11/08/2014

Now I need to bring my husband and daughter to the UK. My husband was a student here and his visa expired last Oct so he had to leave the country with my daughter who was born here.
I am currently on maternity leave so I don't qualify the financial requirement to make FLR(M) application. What other options do I have? Please kindly advice me.

It is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Congratulation!!
have you got your documents back via royal mail or DX?
Do they send approval letter with the document.

Thanks..

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Simroz wrote:

Kind Regards

I called DX and they have nothing for us.Its coming via Royal mail.Does it mean our application is unsuccessful ??
Hi Simroz,
This is the time for you stay positive, now let me tell you a good news my brother is also on this forum khan_81, he also applied on the 30th March, the same day that your husband applied. The only difference is that he provided Home Office with self addressed special delivery envelope which is next day delivery. Although I should have waited for him to break the news to the forum, but as you are worried I have to let you know that by the Grace of Almighty Allah, he has received his approval today. So I would presume that as your husband also applied on the same day as his, than your husband is also a good news. So stay positive and give us the good news ... Hopefully today or tomorrow than. My prayers and best wishes with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

rashenikki
Newly Registered

Post by rashenikki » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi All,

My application for SET(LR) is currently with the HO.

My current visa is a Tier2 which expires 2016.

My question is , say i get a new job with another employer, will it be okay for me to resign my current job or should i wait for HO before making any move to leave my current organisation?

And if i do, will them notifing the HO of my resignation affect my visa appliaction? and would the new company have to notify the HO? How Long? what then happens if i am refused?

Thanks guys for your help.
Nikki

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Congratulations shahjee on your brother ilr. enclosing special delivery envelope is really good trick as it let you track the movement and even i believe an applicant can instruct the local royal mail sorting unit about the package in advance and the applicant even pick it up from sorting unit before it attempt to deliver at home.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:30 pm

I hope these approvals keep coming!! :lol:

gulll

Post by gulll » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
gulll wrote:hello all dear forum members, I want to make a quick query, applied ILR set LR on 11th of July, got my acknowledgement letter shortly dated 14th of July, but still waiting for biometrics invitation, as it's almost a month now.
my query is, how long does it take to arrive? my worry is if it's not lost in the post? can any member help me on this issue, what to do in this situation?
Many thanks in advance.

HI Gull,

If you think that it's lost in post why don't you simply call them and ask 03001232241 ,

Hope it helps ,

Thnaks
S.Akaram
Thanks S.Akaram for tour promt repky. Will definitely call on this number, but before calling may I ask you, is it normal for delayed biometrics invitation in general or my presumption is right?
Many thanks in advance.

Simroz
Newly Registered

Post by Simroz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:52 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Simroz wrote:

Kind Regards

Hi Simroz,

This is the time for you stay positive, now let me tell you a good news my brother is also on this forum khan_81, he also applied on the 30th March, the same day that your husband applied. The only difference is that he provided Home Office with self addressed special delivery envelope which is next day delivery. Although I should have waited for him to break the news to the forum, but as you are worried I have to let you know that by the Grace of Almighty Allah, he has received his approval today. So I would presume that as your husband also applied on the same day as his, than your husband is also a good news. So stay positive and give us the good news ... Hopefully today or tomorrow than. My prayers and best wishes with you.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thanks Brother...
for your positive reponse and congratulation for ur brother ILR approval :)
I dont know how did we forget to put special delivery envelope... I hope it should be with us latest by thurdasy.

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:10 pm

salam shahgee

R u busy or free now.Waiting for your pm.Sorry to bother u again.

Regards

Shahsahab

zaifshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by zaifshaikh » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

I will be applying for ILR end of August 2014. But I have few questions in mind before I and hope you guys can help.

1) I have UK masters degree which I am using as proof for English language. (Do I have to reassess through NARIC as told by home office's website.)

2) I don't have any utility bills, council tax bill or employment letters. All I have is passport which shows that i've been here from last ten years. Is this going to be sufficient or I am in trouble.

3) I don't have a clue about point based calculator and how does it work.

4) The text in red color is from home office website. can you please explain it to me as it is bit confusing.

egrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:
taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:
a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

A quick reply from you guys will be much appreciated.

regards
zaifshaikh